PDA

View Full Version : Stafford

chernobylwraiths
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
What's up with this guy the last two games. He throws one check against Chicago and all of a sudden he is marked.

Ott tried to take his head off (and of course nobody did anything about it) and then Ott went after him again.

Nighthawk
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I saw that...it's a bit of a joke.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Keith, an alternate captain for Chicago, came across the slot in the Buffalo zone and was lambasted on a high hit by Stafford.

The Blackhawks took exception, especially after watching Keith stumble as if punch-drunk while trying to get up. Ben Eager cross-checked and jumped Stafford, earning six minutes in penalties and giving the Sabres a glorious chance to trim their 3-1 deficit.

Stafford continued to get attention from the Blackhawks for the hit, which was reminiscent of Chris Neil's hit on Chris Drury in 2007, minus the elbow. Brent Seabrook and Ladd took shots at Stafford following the second period, and Dave Bolland removed Stafford's helmet late in the third.

"I think it's a gutless hit," Eager said. "The league is trying to crack down on it, and there's not even a penalty on the play. Regardless if it's shoulder-to-head, that's what they're trying to crack down on.

"It's a skilled player, but I'm sure nothing will happen. He'll maybe get fined $2,000, but I know if it was me that hit the guy I probably would have been out of the game and probably suspended for at least five games, but that's how the league is."
http://www.buffalonews.com/489/story/549477.html

now Stafford is a marked man players will be going after him because of this hit.

OpIv37
01-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Keith, an alternate captain for Chicago, came across the slot in the Buffalo zone and was lambasted on a high hit by Stafford.

The Blackhawks took exception, especially after watching Keith stumble as if punch-drunk while trying to get up. Ben Eager cross-checked and jumped Stafford, earning six minutes in penalties and giving the Sabres a glorious chance to trim their 3-1 deficit.

Stafford continued to get attention from the Blackhawks for the hit, which was reminiscent of Chris Neil's hit on Chris Drury in 2007, minus the elbow. Brent Seabrook and Ladd took shots at Stafford following the second period, and Dave Bolland removed Stafford's helmet late in the third.

"I think it's a gutless hit," Eager said. "The league is trying to crack down on it, and there's not even a penalty on the play. Regardless if it's shoulder-to-head, that's what they're trying to crack down on.

"It's a skilled player, but I'm sure nothing will happen. He'll maybe get fined $2,000, but I know if it was me that hit the guy I probably would have been out of the game and probably suspended for at least five games, but that's how the league is."
http://www.buffalonews.com/489/story/549477.html

now Stafford is a marked man players will be going after him because of this hit.

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!. Dude lowered his head to try to get the puck. And it's not even CLOSE to the Neil hit. Neil came from BEHIND and ELBOWED Drury in the head.

Bunch of ****ing crybabies in Chicago.

ZacGriffi~82
01-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Yeah Chicago, will just let you skate into the zone with your head down. Stafford is a marked man because he's playing with grit and tenacity ( and maybe a little bit of stupidity tonight)

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2009, 06:21 AM
I was trying to say that DALLAS seemed to be going after him as well.

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
I also heard that Stafford is a big time trash talker.

CuseJetsFan83
01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
hey, if him talking trash is that spark to get him to play like he has the past few games..... by all means keep doing it

JD
01-16-2009, 01:39 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrZlIxwEntM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrZlIxwEntM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Loves it!