• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

now that some of the top players have decided to return to school

what do we do at 11?? no greg hardy or jermaine gresham, honestly if orakpo isnt there i dont know who would be worth the pick at 11?? maybin is more of a DT (we arnt drafting a DT at 11 cause of the money we have in stroud and williams now) as well as raji from BC, we might be looking at a trade down scenario or draft mauluga or larinitis or curry, what are your opinions people?? with what our need are it hurts that hardy and gresham are not available (there is no center worth a high 1st or TE now for that matter, and with hardy going back to school, there are 1 less pure pass rushers available which just makes them more scarse) should be interesting, not like past drafts where you kinda know where there gonna go with the pick, do any of you think now it is just best player available at 11?
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: now that some of the top players have decided to return to school

I know.. No Hardy, I have yet to update my sig.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Just because a few guys who we thought were going to be there are going back to school doesn't necessarily mean we should stray from our plan. We still need to draft the best LB or DE available.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

It will for sure be 1 of the following top 12 rated players...

WR Michael Crabtree
        OLB Aaron Curry
        OT Eugene Monroe

CB Malcolm Jenkins (Not likely)
        OT Michael Oher
        OT Andre Smith
        QB Matthew Stafford
        OT Jason Smith
        QB Mark Sanchez
        RB Knowshon Moreno
        DE Brian Orakpu (Likely)
        DE Everette Brown (Likely)

That doesn't exactly make me feel bad or cause me to panic either!
        Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-16-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

If Curry is there the pick is easy imo. Otherwise is gets more difficult. We'll know more once workouts start and finish about guys official sized and times but right now its quite a jumbeled mess.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jimbohastle51
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            If Curry is there the pick is easy imo. Otherwise is gets more difficult. We'll know more once workouts start and finish about guys official sized and times but right now its quite a jumbeled mess.
            i'll be at the senior bowl next saturday draftboy if your going to be there. we will get to see curry against all the top talent seniors in the nation there. i want to see harell as well and see how he stacks up against elite competion at the corner and saftey position.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
              Just because a few guys who we thought were going to be there are going back to school doesn't necessarily mean we should stray from our plan. We still need to draft the best LB or DE available.
              i am far from worried i am just curious if curry is gone (there is a VERY good chance especially now that spikes is going back to school) in the first round and orakpo is gone do the bills just take the best player available or trade down for a need. our "plan" i am guessing is a DE,TE,C but what if there is no DE or TE worth a 11th pick? that was what i meant. i am curious to see how many people would be ok if the bills went a different direction, such as maybe they do take a tackle with 11 if no DE or TE is there and they cant get value for the pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                i'll be at the senior bowl next saturday draftboy if your going to be there. we will get to see curry against all the top talent seniors in the nation there. i want to see harell as well and see how he stacks up against elite competion at the corner and saftey position.
                I won't be there unfortunately even though its only a few hours from my house. Once I start getting paid to do this, Ill be there though!
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

what about Maybin? Some feel he is the best pure pass rusher in the class.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    what about Maybin? Some feel he is the best pure pass rusher in the class.
                    He came out way too early imo. He is too light, too immature and has such little seasoning I see him as a developmental pick. I would not take him right now at all.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

I think the Bills will take Malcom Jenkins CB OSU, they are gonna let McGee walk after the 09 season and McKelvin and Jenkins will be signed for 4 to 5 yrs together then they will both walk in free agency and the process will start all over again
                      come on guys same regime nothing will change
                      Jenkins is awesome dont get me wrong just how i see it going down
                      I held firm on my Devin Thomas pick last year and this year it will be Jenkins if he falls he will be the pick
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                        i am far from worried i am just curious if curry is gone (there is a VERY good chance especially now that spikes is going back to school) in the first round and orakpo is gone do the bills just take the best player available or trade down for a need. our "plan" i am guessing is a DE,TE,C but what if there is no DE or TE worth a 11th pick? that was what i meant. i am curious to see how many people would be ok if the bills went a different direction, such as maybe they do take a tackle with 11 if no DE or TE is there and they cant get value for the pick.
                        I hear ya. If there isn't an OLB, DE, or starting C available worth taking at #11, it does become very interesting as to what we should do. I think it also depends on who is available from other positions. And I would bet that there would be teams knocking on our door to trade picks with us. We could use it to our advantage to slip down later in the first and acquire another 2nd rounder, possibly more in the process.

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          I held firm on my Devin Thomas pick last year and this year it will be Jenkins if he falls he will be the pick
                          So we should bank on your pick....why? Last time I checked, Thomas was in a Redskin uni.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                            • Feb 2008

Check my sig.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              I think the Bills will take Malcom Jenkins CB OSU, they are gonna let McGee walk after the 09 season and McKelvin and Jenkins will be signed for 4 to 5 yrs together then they will both walk in free agency and the process will start all over again
                              come on guys same regime nothing will change
                              Jenkins is awesome dont get me wrong just how i see it going down
                              If the Bills take another CB with the 1st pick, I'm going to puke. It's the farthest thing from my mind as a need right now. We have McGee, McKelvin, Youboty, Corner. I don't see it as a priority.

Comment

Working...
                              X