• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Bills almost had Bryant Johnson...

If I remember correctly he wouldnt have minded playing here either. Is he still on the market? and if so, do you think we should look into taking him on?
    I am The Batman.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills almost had Bryant Johnson...

Originally posted by BillsWin
    If I remember correctly he wouldnt have minded playing here either. Is he still on the market? and if so, do you think we should look into taking him on?
    He didnt do much of anything in SF. Why is he going to be so much better here?

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

If the Bills are smart ( which they rarely are ), they don't panic and put Steve Johnson out there. I bet he could catch a ton of balls, if thrown to.

That's why you draft these guys. Play the ones that show something and quit worrying about everyone elses castoffs.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

If the Bills really want to invigorate the performance of the receiving corp they need to snag a big time receiving tight end.

The things that a Heath Miller, a Tony Gonzales, or an Anthony Gates can do are unsurrmountable. 8 out of 10 times they are defended in a mismatch, which either causes the safety to "cheat up" in coverage or hesitate that brief second while the QB looks off the deep threat.

I think the Bills already have some decent WRs. The performance increase will come when they sign a top 10 tight end that will not only increase scoring in the red zone but keeps defenses guessing where the ball is going next.

Edwards has shown that he knows how to work the screen and the short routes. And at times has shown that he can chuck the ball downfield as well. But my point is a good TE will make this offense better, and the help the QB even more.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Steve Johnson will be > Bryant Johnson.

I wouldn't mind a WR upgrade after we address DE OLB and C but IMO Bryant Johnson does little to upgrade the team. I believe Steve Johnson has potetnial to be much better.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

The Bills offered Bryant Johnson a cheap multi-year deal, but he chose to sign a cheaper 1-year deal with the 49'ers to "showcase" himself in Mike Martz' system. Now at best he'll get minimum salary, multi-year offers with nothing in a signing bonus.

Comment

Working...
            X