What if we moved down and our first three picks were...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

What if we moved down and our first three picks were...

(LOW) 1st Round: Brandon Pettigrew TE OSU (oklahoma state)

2nd pick: Connor Barwin DE Cincinatti

3rd Pick: Antoine Caldwell C Alabama

What do you think about THAT!
    I am The Batman.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: What if we moved down and our first three picks were...

Why are we drafting in the low first round? I thought we were drafting at 11? Barwin would be nice in the 2nd but if we were going to reach for a player in the 1st round, I would rather that it be a guy like Percy Harvin outta Florida instead of taking a TE.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
      Why are we drafting in the low first round? I thought we were drafting at 11? Barwin would be nice in the 2nd but if we were going to reach for a player in the 1st round, I would rather that it be a guy like Percy Harvin outta Florida instead of taking a TE.
      The title says we moved down.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
        The title says we moved down.

I WANT TO SEE THE 4TH PICK.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
          (LOW) 1st Round: Brandon Pettigrew TE OSU (oklahoma state)

2nd pick: Connor Barwin DE Cincinatti

3rd Pick: Antoine Caldwell C Alabama

What do you think about THAT!
          I would say we got 2 out of 3 right.. or more accurately that I was happy with 2 of the 3.

Barwin strikes me as yet another Schobel/Denney/Kelsay type... pass.

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

Walter football doesn't have any more credibility than anybody else, but I do like this morning's mock. They have us taking Brian Orakpo, Alex Unger and Jared Cook.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Our number 1 priority is to get some pressure on the opposing QB. There will be an impact DE or OLB available at 11. We should concentrate on fixing our pass rush, and the higher we draft, the better our chance of doing that.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Pettigrew caught no TD's this year in a pass happy O and thats a concern plus his off the field concerns from last year. His stock is down and taking him in the 1st or even 2nd round at this point may be too early. He needs some good workouts.

Barwin isn't a bad pick, but he's another high motor guy. But he is more athletic than a Schobel or Kelsay.

Caldwell isnt bad but again I think taking him before Round 4 is a reach.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I agree with most in that the Bills need to use that 11th overall on a stud DE.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                    I agree with most in that the Bills need to use that 11th overall on a stud DE.

May not be one available at 11, or at least one who can come in year 1 and really help us. Does that change the mindset any?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                      Walter football doesn't have any more credibility than anybody else, but I do like this morning's mock. They have us taking Brian Orakpo, Alex Unger and Jared Cook.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php
                      That would be a great draft, particularly if we used free agency on a veteran DE and OLB.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        May not be one available at 11, or at least one who can come in year 1 and really help us. Does that change the mindset any?
                        Of course. Move up (if you can get a team to bite). I like multiple draft picks as much as the next guy, but this team can't afford another mediocre, run-of-the-mill, fill your Special Teams roster draft.

They have a slew of middle rung and bottom rung talent. Time to jump a little higher on the ladder.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                          Of course. Move up (if you can get a team to bite). I like multiple draft picks as much as the next guy, but this team can't afford another mediocre, run-of-the-mill, fill your Special Teams roster draft.

They have a slew of middle rung and bottom rung talent. Time to jump a little higher on the ladder.
                          Decent idea but you've got to think of not just cost of moving up but also contractually. Do we have an owner willing to pay a top 7 pick?? I dont think Ralph's cheap but if we are active in FA (which I think we will be) when does he say enough is enough?
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• User Manuel
                            The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                            • Nov 2003

I think we would all be *****in that no "impact" move was made.

I haven't hid the fact that I want Muaulaga here, but this team needs Significant Veteran help now starting at Center and DL (Pass Rush)

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Decent idea but you've got to think of not just cost of moving up but also contractually. Do we have an owner willing to pay a top 7 pick?? I dont think Ralph's cheap but if we are active in FA (which I think we will be) when does he say enough is enough?
                              I guess that's a question that begs to be answered.

I know the Bills use a draft by commitee approach, so the likely hood of them moving up is highly unlikely as those holding revenue will unfortunetly have a more formidable opinion then those that actually know the game.

But, in the event the Bills were able to look passed the monetary excuses for just a moment... and score a top 10 player, would negotiations stall late into the off season keeping the bruting talent off the field and out of training camps?

History says yes.

And really, how can Ralph fight the NFL powers that be then turn around and fork over the cash that he claims not to be able to spend?

So, I guess while it is a good idea...it should probably better be described as an average pipe dream wrapped tightly in another .500 season.

Comment

Working...
                              X