PDA

View Full Version : Hardy and Gresham. Shocked?

patmoran2006
01-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Anybody more than just a little shocked that they are both returning to school?

From everything I've read, Gresham was clearly the top TE in the draft (and I Think the Bills would've strongly considered him at 11). He was definitely a Top 20 pick at worst.

And Hardy I seen recently his name associated with more than just a few mocks that had him going Top 10. One mock had him going as high as #3 to KC.

I"m pretty baffled as to why they didn't come out; though I will NEVER criticize a player for going back to school.

But this definitely hurts the Bills I think. Hardy was probably gone by 11, as was Bradford, so this puts 2 players up in the draft that may have fallen to 11.

TacklingDummy
01-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Does suck. I had the Bills trading with Tampa to able to draft Gresham.

Don't be surprised at #11 the Bills pick: Alex Mack ,Center, guard, plug him into the interior of your line and you will have a pro bowler for years to come. Mack (6' 4" 308 lbs) is one of the best centers to enter the draft in a number of years.

THATHURMANATOR
01-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Does suck. I had the Bills trading with Tampa to able to draft Gresham.

Don't be surprised at #11 the Bills pick: Alex Mack ,Center, guard, plug him into the interior of your line and you will have a pro bowler for years to come. Mack (6' 4" 308 lbs) is one of the best centers to enter the draft in a number of years.
I wouldn't be pissed with this at all. We need a center badly. What do we do at DE though?

HHURRICANE
01-16-2009, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't be pissed with this at all. We need a center badly. What do we do at DE though?

We are taking the first white DE available.

TacklingDummy
01-16-2009, 08:52 AM
What do we do at DE though?

Hope Schobel is able to come back? Or hope whoever they pick in the 2nd round works out. The Bills have alot invested at DE already, is it realistic to think they will draft DE with their 1st pick?

DrGraves
01-16-2009, 09:09 AM
gresham didnt want to enter the draft if he had any chance of being picked by this disaster of an organization.

DraftBoy
01-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Gresham shocks me. Hardy doesn't. There was no way Hardy was going as high as 3, I'd love tpo see the mock you're referring to that had him at 3. Hardy can improve his stock still with another good year but he has to be healthy.

psubills62
01-16-2009, 09:54 AM

From everything I've read, Gresham was clearly the top TE in the draft (and I Think the Bills would've strongly considered him at 11). He was definitely a Top 20 pick at worst.

And Hardy I seen recently his name associated with more than just a few mocks that had him going Top 10. One mock had him going as high as #3 to KC.

I"m pretty baffled as to why they didn't come out; though I will NEVER criticize a player for going back to school.

But this definitely hurts the Bills I think. Hardy was probably gone by 11, as was Bradford, so this puts 2 players up in the draft that may have fallen to 11.

Yeah, I don't know if I've seen any mock that had Hardy higher than 11 to us. Bradford was essentially replaced by Sanchez. While Sanchez may not be top 10 talent, I believe he'll go in the top 10 partially because of how well Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco have done this year - I think teams may want to duplicate their success.

I'm a little surprised Gresham didn't come out, but after Bradford and Gerald McCoy stayed, I figured Gresham would. They really want the NC or at least the Red River Rivalry game.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I think Ive stopped caring. seriously. who gives a flying you know what at this point?
its just more futility. they will take someone who no one thinks should be taken that high... and everyone is right... we should NOT have taken them... but 1BD thinks they are smarter then the WORLD

Ed
01-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey this just means there will be more talent that can fall to us next year when we're picking at #32.

hydro
01-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Hey this just means there will be more talent that can fall to us next year when we're picking at #32.

:rofl:

DraftBoy
01-16-2009, 10:40 AM

Are we going to be trading picks with next years Super Bowl champs???

TacklingDummy
01-16-2009, 11:38 AM

I think you mean #33.

RedEyE
01-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I guess it all depends on a player's priorites, but why not come out? I mean if you want to be a Dr., an accountant, an attorney, or a politician - fine.

But if not, if you're that guy majoring in PE, business, or broadcasting, you can always go back to school. And to be quite honest with the money that you make in the NFL, as long as you invest it carefully, do you really need to spend the time and money on the degree as well?

DraftBoy
01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I guess it all depends on a player's priorites, but why not come out? I mean if you want to be a Dr., an accountant, an attorney, or a politician - fine.

But if not, if you're that guy majoring in PE, business, or broadcasting, you can always go back to school. And to be quite honest with the money that you make in the NFL, as long as you invest it carefully, do you really need to spend the time and money on the degree as well?

Its not really about a degree, for some its about just loving the college life. Most seniors in college won't enroll in the Spring semester because they spend time training for all-star games and the combines. Its rarely about getting your degree.

patmoran2006
01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Gresham shocks me. Hardy doesn't. There was no way Hardy was going as high as 3, I'd love tpo see the mock you're referring to that had him at 3. Hardy can improve his stock still with another good year but he has to be healthy.
Sportscenter last night, McShay had Hardy going third overall to the Kansas City Chiefs.

madness
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
From reading about what type of person Gresham is, I half-expected him to stay. I think he knows he's still a little raw and will take this chance to elevate his game to even another level.

jimbohastle51
01-16-2009, 01:45 PM

i agree pat, i posted on here last night and it really puts us in a bad position potentially. for instance if orakpo is gone we might have to draft best available player at 11 if we cant trade down (and with the economy how it is NO one is looking forward to paying top 15 picks this year and there signing bonuses) we could potentially be taking a 3rd tackle or reaching extremely for a player that was only going to be a early second rounder because we cant deal out of the pick. it will be interesting.

jimbohastle51
01-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Its not really about a degree, for some its about just loving the college life. Most seniors in college won't enroll in the Spring semester because they spend time training for all-star games and the combines. Its rarely about getting your degree.

agreed draftboy and honestly alot of the players are communication majors or undecided and are basically just enrolled in classes to play ball at the school.

DraftBoy
01-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Sportscenter last night, McShay had Hardy going third overall to the Kansas City Chiefs.

And that doesnt tell you something?

TigerJ
01-16-2009, 06:11 PM
With Hardy and Gresham gone, the odds go up of Buffalo drafting a center or a safety. Of course, Taylor Mays is going back to school for another year too.

jdbillsfan
01-17-2009, 04:40 AM
And that doesnt tell you something?

He posted what he saw and you questioned that so he told you where he saw it.

Do you not want people to post?

There are other peoples thoughts ot there that some of us are interested in hearing.

jimbohastle51
01-17-2009, 09:21 AM
i think also that alot of these players get there projections back and for instance if you were sam bradford would you want to go to detroit? or if your gresham a midwestern guy do you want to come to buffalo? not saying that this is the end all be all of there decision but if you are happy at school and dont mind going back to college already, playing for a team your not comfortable with or making a huge move cross country (remember these are kids still) you might not want to just "take the money and run" and go back to school and hone your skills and at least after next year if you play out your senior year you have controlled what you could, instead of walking into a detroit (if your bradford) situation on your own free will.

TigerJ
01-17-2009, 09:49 AM
In Gresham's case, mocks have been all over the place about whom Buffalo would pick. Those projecting Gresham a distinct minority. Gresham would be foolish to base his decision on that, particularly since Buffalo will be picking at #11 next year and Gresham may be even higher rated and less of a reach for Buffalo at #11. And of course Buffalo will still need a TE.

Yeah, yeah, just kidding.

DraftBoy
01-17-2009, 10:02 AM
He posted what he saw and you questioned that so he told you where he saw it.

Do you not want people to post?

There are other peoples thoughts ot there that some of us are interested in hearing.

You don't know McShay's mock history do you?

patmoran2006
01-19-2009, 03:03 PM
yer right.. I had the names mixed up. It was Aaron Curry I saw going thir, not Hardy.

Marvelous
01-20-2009, 02:51 PM
So you feeling(yet again) TE @ 11 Pat?

:edit: My former best man(diehard Gators fruit) was just preachijng TE Curry.

billogic99
01-20-2009, 04:45 PM

Maybe this is finally the year we trade down and get more bang for the buck.