PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody notice that the Sabres are 7th in the conference?

Ebenezer
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Discuss.

SabreEleven
01-17-2009, 01:06 AM
So what you are saying is that if the playoffs started today, the Sabres would be in them?

Ebenezer
01-17-2009, 01:07 AM
So what you are saying is that if the playoffs started today, the Sabres would be in them?
that would be true...they are also one point out of being in the top 10 in the whole league...playing as crap as they are.

helmetguy
01-17-2009, 06:52 AM
that would be true...they are also one point out of being in the top 10 in the whole league...playing as crap as they are.

Trade everyone! Fire Darcy! We can't have this mediocrity!

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Maybe they are not playing as bad as people say they are.

I dunno.

hydro
01-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Maybe they are not playing as bad as people say they are.

I dunno.

Stop being a broken record Lecter :shakeno:

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2009, 09:24 AM
:sadwalk:

Sorry.

OpIv37
01-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Lose to Carolina tonight, and they're tied for the last spot. Pittsburgh wins one game, and the Sabres are back out.

It would be great if the playoffs started today, but they don't. This team has a lot of work to do and has to be a lot more consistent if they're even going to maintain 7th.

MikeInRoch
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
This team has a lot of work to do and has to be a lot more consistent if they're even going to maintain 7th.

No, I think if they are exactly as consistent, they'll end up in 7th place...

OpIv37
01-17-2009, 12:52 PM

lose tonight and they're back to tied for 7th. Lose one more and they could be in 9th or 10th depending on what Pittsburgh, Florida and Carolina do. From this position, there is no margin for error.

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2009, 01:24 PM
I bet those other teams will lose one or two games before the end of the season.

I could be wrong though.

Point is, losing games the rest of the year will happen.

Ebenezer
01-17-2009, 02:03 PM
lose tonight and they're back to tied for 7th. Lose one more and they could be in 9th or 10th depending on what Pittsburgh, Florida and Carolina do. From this position, there is no margin for error.
and win tonight and their games in hand they are the 9th best team in the league...and playing like crap...oy...

Nighthawk
01-17-2009, 02:27 PM
It's nice that they are in 7th and would be in the playoffs, but this team isn't winning anything the way they're made up right now. I don't know about most of you, but I'd like to win a championship, not just be happy that they are in 7th place in the conference. Hey, but I guess my standards are a little higher then most.

OpIv37
01-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I bet those other teams will lose one or two games before the end of the season.

I could be wrong though.

Point is, losing games the rest of the year will happen.

Well, duh. The point is that 7th place is meaningless with at least 3 teams right on their heels. They have to win tonight and win at least as much as those 3 teams do to be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Mitchell55
01-17-2009, 04:56 PM

Yes, we are consistently inconsistent.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Sabres record @ HSBC Arena 12-9-2

RockStar36
01-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Wow. Talk about a broken record. I think the read the same post three different times in this thread.

MikeInRoch
01-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Well, duh. The point is that 7th place is meaningless with at least 3 teams right on their heels. They have to win tonight and win at least as much as those 3 teams do to be in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Well, looks like they are going to win tonight - but your statement is still wrong. There are no individual "must win" games at this point.

Dr. Lecter
01-17-2009, 09:35 PM
It's nice that they are in 7th and would be in the playoffs, but this team isn't winning anything the way they're made up right now. I don't know about most of you, but I'd like to win a championship, not just be happy that they are in 7th place in the conference. Hey, but I guess my standards are a little higher then most.

No ****.

I know you like to think you are the only one who wants them to win the Cup, but you are quite wrong. We all want that. Really we do. You are not better, smarter, or somehow greater than the rest of us here in that point despite what you might think.

But what we are seeing is a team that is re-loading and improving. Teams are NOT contenders every year (sans Detroit). Their run a few years ago did not succeed. They are now building for the next run.

I would also speculate, that making the playoffs is the first step to winning the Cup. Maybe not though.

It is a big picture evaluation.

Ebenezer
01-17-2009, 11:17 PM
No ****.

I know you like to think you are the only one who wants them to win the Cup, but you are quite wrong. We all want that. Really we do. You are not better, smarter, or somehow greater than the rest of us here in that point despite what you might think.

But what we are seeing is a team that is re-loading and improving. Teams are NOT contenders every year (sans Detroit). Their run a few years ago did not succeed. They are now building for the next run.

I would also speculate, that making the playoffs is the first step to winning the Cup. Maybe not though.

And how many times, especially with Lindy, have we seen the "just make the playoffs" mantra turn into good things?

OpIv37
01-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Well, looks like they are going to win tonight - but your statement is still wrong. There are no individual "must win" games at this point.

I disagree 100%. Had they lost tonight, it could very well have been the difference between 8th and 9th or 10th at the end of the season.

Ebenezer
01-17-2009, 11:26 PM
I disagree 100%. Had they lost tonight, it could very well have been the difference between 8th and 9th or 10th at the end of the season.
:yawn:

they won...quit yer *****in'. :D

Nighthawk
01-17-2009, 11:44 PM
No ****.

Ahh, this coming from the man who argued with me earlier in the year that the Bills should not wait until Dick Jauron takes the Bills to the playoffs before extending him. How'd that work out?

Nighthawk
01-17-2009, 11:49 PM
And how many times, especially with Lindy, have we seen the "just make the playoffs" mantra turn into good things?

Wow, what kool-aid are you guys drinking? Talk about having premature excitement! You guys need to chill out and watch the rest of the season play out before annointing this team a "growing and improving team"...I've seen nothing but the same team we saw last year. Yes, they've had some good games in the past month, but they've also been brutal at some points. I'm not ready to say that they are an improving and up and coming team...just yet. I'll wait until they show me that they can do it on a continues basis before stating that.

Ebenezer
01-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow, what kool-aid are you guys drinking? Talk about having premature excitement! You guys need to chill out and watch the rest of the season play out before annointing this team a "growing and improving team"...I've seen nothing but the same team we saw last year. Yes, they've had some good games in the past month, but they've also been brutal at some points. I'm not ready to say that they are an improving and up and coming team...just yet. I'll wait until they show me that they can do it on a continues basis before stating that.
Koolaid? Yeah, I'm thoroughly convinced that this team can make a 16-0 run to the cup...:shakeno:

:sarcasm:

Nighthawk
01-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Koolaid? Yeah, I'm thoroughly convinced that this team can make a 16-0 run to the cup...:shakeno:

:sarcasm:

All I'm saying is, I see you posting a lot of "does anybody know the Sabres are in 7th in the conference or does anybody know that the Sabres are in 11th in the league" threads...it sounds like you've been drinking some kool aid. Any Sabres fan who has watched this team for the past two years should know that they will give you the good stuff for a 6 to 7 games stretch and then look very mediocre for a long period. I'm not about to get excited about them sitting in a playoff spot in the middle of January. Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

chernobylwraiths
01-17-2009, 11:59 PM
7th at the halfway point or there abouts means nothing. The Bills lead the AFC east outright over a third into the season. We'll see how things are with 10 games left.

I do think they will make the playoffs though.

Ebenezer
01-18-2009, 12:38 AM
All I'm saying is, I see you posting a lot of "does anybody know the Sabres are in 7th in the conference or does anybody know that the Sabres are in 11th in the league" threads...it sounds like you've been drinking some kool aid. Any Sabres fan who has watched this team for the past two years should know that they will give you the good stuff for a 6 to 7 games stretch and then look very mediocre for a long period. I'm not about to get excited about them sitting in a playoff spot in the middle of January. Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me.
dude, they are better than 19 teams in the league...give the negativity a break.

My point was and is...they are where they are and they haven't been playing well...for Christ sake take it, enjoy it. No, really, I hate the team. I wish they were in 25th so I could piss and moan about them.

Dr. Lecter
01-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Ahh, this coming from the man who argued with me earlier in the year that the Bills should not wait until Dick Jauron takes the Bills to the playoffs before extending him. How'd that work out?
Yep.

I was wrong. I am not perfect, unlike yourself.

Now back to the discussion at hand, since you apparently have a very short attention span.

Any comments? Or are you busy being the only person who wants the Sabres to win the Cup on this board?

You seem to be intentionally ignoring points being made that the Sabres are not the worse team in the NHL. That they are, in 2009, 6-2 right now. That they are, in fact, playing better and showing more consistency.

When you make comments along the lines of being the only here who wants the Sabres to win a Cup, you look like a total jackass. Now back it up and tell us why none of us want them to and explain why a team SHOULD win their league's championship every year or else their fans should throw a hissy fit.

BTW, I have not seen on post that says they are good enough this year.

One last note, since you are bringing up the past:

Aren't you the guy that left these boards permanently after people had the balls to think the Bills defense played well against Jacksonville, after allowing 3 points in the first half?

Not that I did not want you back, because I did. But be careful bringing up the past; it can make any of us look foolish.

MikeInRoch
01-18-2009, 12:59 PM

And none of the other games for any other teams would change that in any way. Right.

Ebenezer
01-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Guys, face it...the Sabres suck...worst franchise in the league.

OpIv37
01-18-2009, 02:10 PM
And none of the other games for any other teams would change that in any way. Right.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. The Sabres won the game. They could end up in the playoffs 2 points ahead of Carolina for the last spot. If that happens, you don't think Canes fans are going to look back to this game as the one that kept them out of the playoffs? Had the Sabres lost, the roles could just as easily have been reversed.

I really can't even believe we're having this discussion. When you're barely in the playoffs, you have to beat the other teams that are close to you in the standings to STILL be in playoff position at the end of the season. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Yep.

I was wrong. I am not perfect, unlike yourself.

Now back to the discussion at hand, since you apparently have a very short attention span.

Any comments? Or are you busy being the only person who wants the Sabres to win the Cup on this board?

You seem to be intentionally ignoring points being made that the Sabres are not the worse team in the NHL. That they are, in 2009, 6-2 right now. That they are, in fact, playing better and showing more consistency.

When you make comments along the lines of being the only here who wants the Sabres to win a Cup, you look like a total jackass. Now back it up and tell us why none of us want them to and explain why a team SHOULD win their league's championship every year or else their fans should throw a hissy fit.

BTW, I have not seen on post that says they are good enough this year.

One last note, since you are bringing up the past:

Aren't you the guy that left these boards permanently after people had the balls to think the Bills defense played well against Jacksonville, after allowing 3 points in the first half?

Not that I did not want you back, because I did. But be careful bringing up the past; it can make any of us look foolish.

I have no problem having a conversation about the Sabres, but it is tough when people keep telling me that I've only been negative about them this year. Ummm, I've barely posted this year about them, so YOU are bringing the past up every time I post something! Oh and since you and others must have a hard time reading, I've NEVER said this team was the worst team in the league, so please stop saying that because it makes you and many others look ignorant. All I've ever said is that this team is not good enough to win a championship and that is all that really matters to me. I'm sorry if that pisses you off, but that is where I stand. Once I see this FO make an effort to fix or address some of the problems on this team, maybe, just maybe...then I might get excited. However, they have not done that and we suffer from the same inconsistent play that we saw last year.