PDA

View Full Version : Peppers wants out of Carolina

don137
01-17-2009, 07:52 AM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/478863.html

After declining to say since training camp whether he wants to remain with the Carolina Peppers, the Pro Bowl defensive end announced late Friday night through his agent that he wants a change of scenery

Peppers does not want to return to the Panthers. He is a free agent but the Panthers could do the smart thing and franchise and trade him.
I don't think the Bills will be a player for him since he already turned down an offer to make him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. My guess is he'll end up in Washington.
While Peppers has unbelievable talent he is not a leader and he does not give 100% all the time. Look at last week against Arizona. He went 1:1 against Gandy who we all know is a journeyman at best and Peppers had zero hurries on the QB, zero sacks and only two tackles.
I do feel he can thrive with a change of scenery because IMO his heart hasn't been in Carolina for a few years.

Historian
01-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Ill give them Kelsay, Parrish, Moorman and DiGeorgio for Peppers!

T-Long
01-17-2009, 08:11 AM
They will franchise him I bet. But hell, I would give up a 1st and a 3rd for him anyday

Historian
01-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Throw in Modrak, Guy, Brandon and a case of Losman throwback jersies...

Yasgur's Farm
01-17-2009, 08:24 AM
4 reasons to sign Peppers...

1) DE is the Bills #1 offseason priority.
2) Pats might sign him.
3) Phins might sign him.
4) Jets might sign him.

DMBcrew36
01-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Why would he want to come to Buffalo... it's like one tiny bit better than going to Detroit.

Patti120
01-17-2009, 08:57 AM
4 reasons to sign Peppers...

1) DE is the Bills #1 offseason priority.
2) Pats might sign him.
3) Phins might sign him.
4) Jets might sign him.

Stop making sense!

Jaybird
01-17-2009, 09:15 AM
he rushes the QB, he stops the run....... everything we suck at!!!!

no chance we sign him

shelby
01-17-2009, 09:19 AM
lol that is sad....but true.

yordad
01-17-2009, 09:22 AM
"While Peppers has unbelievable talent he is not a leader and he does give 100% all the time."

This sentence doesn't make full sense. And, what is the writer trying to say, "Peppers slacks in the playoffs"?

Duh, I'll take him. All day.

don137
01-17-2009, 10:01 AM
"While Peppers has unbelievable talent he is not a leader and he does give 100% all the time."

This sentence doesn't make full sense. And, what is the writer trying to say, "Peppers slacks in the playoffs"?

Duh, I'll take him. All day.
I meant to say he does NOT give 100% all the time...I also could see the Dolphins making a serious run at him. If I recall they are in great cap shape and the Dolphins like it or not are an up and coming team.

shelby
01-17-2009, 10:08 AM
:(

TigerJ
01-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Did Peppers he wants to come play for a team in the north where it's cold and snowy, and economically depressed, and he would do it on the cheap? Hey, what's not to like?

billogic99
01-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Ill give them Kelsay, Parrish, Moorman and DiGeorgio for Peppers!

Yeah, that'll get it done.

Nighthawk
01-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd do everything possible to bring him in here. He is exactly what this team doesn't have....an athlete who can make plays. That being said, these are the Bills and winning isn't their top priority, so this probably won't happen.

billogic99
01-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd do everything possible to bring him in here. He is exactly what this team doesn't have....an athlete who can make plays. That being said, these are the Bills and winning isn't their top priority, so this probably won't happen.

If he wants to be the highest paid player at his position, probably not, but we do seem to make one big move per off season, maybe he's that move this year.

RedEyE
01-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I think Stroud might help this cause if the Bills are seriously interested.

This reminds me of when "The Freak" left Tennessee, however. That never turned out well for anyone but his pocket book and the Titans when he boomeranged back into Nashville.

more cowbell
01-17-2009, 12:59 PM
zero percent chance he even comes to buffalo for a visit...if he isn't franchised.

they did just throw a lot of money at chris gamble, and jordan gross is also a FA im pretty sure so there is a good chance he hits the market

Mitchell55
01-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Why would he want to come to Buffalo... it's like one tiny bit better than going to Detroit.

Why would Mitchell and Stroud come to buffalo when Stroud couldve gone to the Jets and Mitchell couldve resigned with NYG.

Jeff1220
01-17-2009, 01:27 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/01/17/the-way-the-bills-should-pitch-peppers/
Chris Brown
Posted January 17th, 2009

While I’m not overly optimistic that the Bills would be able to land Julius Peppers in what is sure to be a bidding war, it is still in Buffalo’s best interest to make a pitch for his services.

Peppers in his public statement said he needed a change of scenery to realize his full potential. I think the Bills can appeal to that part of Peppers by using Marcus Stroud as a recruiter.

Stroud much like Peppers also needed a change of scenery and had a strong season and really came to like Buffalo. Buffalo from a fan perspective also came to like him.

Making him aware of the fact that the Bills finished 14th overall in defense without a pass rush and convincing him that with him as an addition they could easily be a top 10 defense, maybe just maybe Peppers could be convinced.

Granted there will be more successful teams in the league making similar recruiting efforts, but if the Bills can make it work money-wise then making a big push for him is worth the effort.

colin
01-17-2009, 01:31 PM
i dunno if it's him, one of the faster guys (ravens, zona) or whoever but i absolutely need to sign a pass rusher or two in the front 7.

we could afford to pay him if we want, and still sign a couple other guys.

patmoran2006
01-17-2009, 02:25 PM
If we signed him I could care less if we signed another free agent, literally.

Draft a center and a linebacker in the first two rounds, and call it a wrap.

Edit- I take that back, we'd still need a backup QB.

Mitchell55
01-17-2009, 02:28 PM
i dunno if it's him, one of the faster guys (ravens, zona) or whoever but i absolutely need to sign a pass rusher or two in the front 7.

we could afford to pay him if we want, and still sign a couple other guys.

I dont realy care who you need to sign as long as buffalo signs Peppers.

Ickybaluky
01-17-2009, 04:29 PM
"He loves the state of North Carolina. His family is there. The easier situation for him would be to stay in Carolina," Peppers' agent, Carl Carey, said Saturday. "But the decision that he faced was, do I stay in Carolina and perhaps never reach my full potential? Or do I open myself to the possibilities to finish my career elsewhere? He chose the latter."

Carey said Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 defense. The Panthers use a 4-3 alignment.

"He certainly feels that he can excel and thrive in a 3-4 defense," Carey said. "He is also open to just another system in general that will allow him to maximize his athletic abilities."

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80e2d282&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Mad Bomber
01-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Peppers would be the IDEAL signing for the Bills.

Based on that fact, I am absolutely POSITIVE that the Bills will NOT make ANY moves on this. It would make too much sense....actually addressing a NEED.

This bunch of stiffs that passes for the Bills FO will make some FA moves for 2nd or 3rd tier talent, and waste the #11 draft pick on a non-fit for our needs, and then spend some of our later draft picks to trade up into the first round to get some loser that we could have gotten in the third round......

...sound familiar?

Lexwhat
01-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Look 2 posts above me.

justasportsfan
01-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Peppers would sell tickets and possibly offset the tickets this team lost by retaining dick and turd.

Barb
01-18-2009, 01:01 AM
i read somewhere he wants to go to a 3-4 team, well carolina has a decision to make, tag peppers who wants to leave or tag gross, tough decisions comin up in panther land

DMBcrew36
01-18-2009, 09:19 AM
i read somewhere he wants to go to a 3-4 team, well carolina has a decision to make, tag peppers who wants to leave or tag gross, tough decisions comin up in panther land

scroll up like 5 posts.

don137
01-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Peppers refused a contract that would of paid him an average of 13 million a year. I don't see RW spending the cash necessary to land him. I truly do not see Buffalo being a player in the Peppers sweepstakes.

Charley Casserly and Floyd Reese thinks Peppers is better built for the 4-3 and not 3-4 since in a 3-4 the OLB put the pressure on the QB (i.e zDeMarcus Ware) and not as much in the DE role.
If Peppers wants a 3-4 I do worry about the Dolphins going hard after him.