PDA

View Full Version : With 4 OT's rated in the top 10 draft...

Yasgur's Farm
01-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Maybe it does make sense to trade Peters!

3- OT Eugene Monroe
5- OT Michael Oher
6- OT Andre Smith
8- OT Jason Smith

yordad
01-17-2009, 09:24 AM
I don't follow your logic on this one draz. How does "There is 4 OTs rated top 10" = "Trading Peters makes sense"?

Jaybird
01-17-2009, 09:26 AM
hmmmmm

that would bring down him value?????

simple supply and demand

justasportsfan
01-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Have we forgotten Mike Williams?

You can't trade your most important OL position whos proven for a rookie who may or may not pan out. Even if he does ,it's gonna take a couple of years before he comes to his own especially this staff that like to slooooowly plug in players.

Yasgur's Farm
01-17-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't follow your logic on this one draz. How does "There is 4 OTs rated top 10" = "Trading Peters makes sense"?We can grab a good young OT with our #11... And still have the other 1st and maybe 2nd rounder from Peters to draft needs.

Bottom line... we gain an extra quality pick and lose a pain in the ass!

yordad
01-17-2009, 09:36 AM
We can grab a good young OT with our #11... And still have the other 1st and maybe 2nd rounder from Peters to draft needs.

Bottom line... we gain an extra quality pick and lose a pain in the ass!OK, I hear ya. But being that they are top 10, they could all be gone.

Kenny
01-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Have we forgotten Mike Williams?

You can't trade your most important OL position whos proven for a rookie who may or may not pan out. Even if he does ,it's gonna take a couple of years before he comes to his own especially this staff that like to slooooowly plug in players.

or Robert Gallery?

Yasgur's Farm
01-17-2009, 10:02 AM
OK, I hear ya. But being that they are top 10, they could all be gone.I just don't see 4 OT's going before 11... If they do, that would be good for Buffalo in that a top 5 player such as Curry may still be there.

DraftBoy
01-17-2009, 10:03 AM
I think 3 of those 4 are gone by our pick (Oher, A. Smith, and Monroe) and the other shortly there after.

yordad
01-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I just don't see 4 OT's going before 11... If they do, that would be good for Buffalo in that a top 5 player such as Curry may still be there.Yes, that would be good for Buffalo..... if we still had Peters. I don't fancy the idea of rollin' with Chambers. Although a deal with the lions may be tempting. Something like #20 in '09 and #1 in '10 (e Yes). After the Lions nabb a QB first overall ('09), I don't know if a "can't miss" LT will be there at 20. They need both bad. And, their sorry arces have been picking top 5 for like a decade (with poor success), maybe they would be willing to part with it for a proven commodity (a pro bowl LT).

Best case for the Bills....

Trade Peters for two first to the Lions, and no, I don't think thats too steep. Well, maybe we give them back a third or something.

Sign Crowell

Sign a center

Draft a previously mentioned LT @ 11.

Draft a DE @ 20.

Draft a TE @ 32.

Have pick of the litter in '10, because the Lions will still suck.

patmoran2006
01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
It doesnt make any sense.

Why trade a OT to draft one? At best, if he becomes a Pro Bowler, we didnt improve the team.. That's just addition by subtraction?

how about instead, we keep our best OL, and we draft a stud who plays another position, then you got two good players out of it, instead of one.

PECKERWOOD
01-17-2009, 11:35 AM
The only OT in this year's draft that even comes close to Jason Peters is probably Andre Smith. I still would be open to trading Jason Peters for the right price. We may lose a little bit of talent at OT but we could upgrade several other positions with the trade value that we got out of him.

DraftBoy
01-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Why trade a OT to draft one? At best, if he becomes a Pro Bowler, we didnt improve the team.. That's just addition by subtraction?

how about instead, we keep our best OL, and we draft a stud who plays another position, then you got two good players out of it, instead of one.

The idea behind it (and I strongly disagree with it) is while talent wise we immediately take a hit, we draft a guy who will be younger, cheaper and just as good (we hope) in a year or two. So while we may lose some talent this year next year we are good as before, with a cheap LT and without one cancer named Jason Peters. Plus when we deal Peters we actually gain in net picks and can still go DL and then have another extra pick to fill our holes in depth which we have all over the field.

Now I dont like the idea because I dont think Peters is declining, I dont think the Bills have properly handeled his situation, and for gods sake you don't just trade a top 3 LT in the NFL for a draft pick you hope pans out. The above scenario doesnt make enough logical sense and relies way too much on the assumption that;

1. Peters is a cancer
2. Peters is on the decline
3. One of J. Smith/A. Smith/Monroe/Oher will be able to come in and replace Peters seamlessly in a year or two.

I dont like it at all, and Im the strongest proponent of landing extra draft picks on this board.

Mitchell55
01-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Your saying that we should trade Peters to a team that could already get a OT in the top 10 picks. Why would they bother.

Yasgur's Farm
01-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Your saying that we should trade Peters to a team that could already get a OT in the top 10 picks. Why would they bother. No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

We currently have...

#11 and #43

If we trade Peters we could *hypothetically have...

#11, #20, #43 and #52

Furthermore... I'm saying we can grab 1 of the 4 OT's currently ranked top 10 at #11.. That leaves #20, #43 and #52 to fill other needs on day 1.

*Before anyone accuses me of saying the Rams would be our trading partner, remember the word "hypothetically".

X-Era
01-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes, that would be good for Buffalo..... if we still had Peters. I don't fancy the idea of rollin' with Chambers. Although a deal with the lions may be tempting. Something like #20 in '09 and #1 in '10 (e Yes). After the Lions nabb a QB first overall ('09), I don't know if a "can't miss" LT will be there at 20. They need both bad. And, their sorry arces have been picking top 5 for like a decade (with poor success), maybe they would be willing to part with it for a proven commodity (a pro bowl LT).

Best case for the Bills....

Trade Peters for two first to the Lions, and no, I don't think thats too steep. Well, maybe we give them back a third or something.

Sign Crowell

Sign a center

Draft a previously mentioned LT @ 11.

Draft a DE @ 20.

Draft a TE @ 32.

Have pick of the litter in '10, because the Lions will still suck.

So essentially we add another need to the team, trade down to get our DE and end up with an unproven rookie protecting our QB's blind side and probably costing more against the cap considering the rookie contracts these days.

good job :rolleyes:

How about we keep Peters, trade down and do the same thing... only then we have a proven LT and still do the other moves you want

Cant we

yordad
01-17-2009, 05:16 PM
So essentially we add another need to the team, trade down to get our DE and end up with an unproven rookie protecting our QB's blind side and probably costing more against the cap considering the rookie contracts these days.

good job :rolleyes:

How about we keep Peters, trade down and do the same thing... only then we have a proven LT and still do the other moves you want

Cant weIt is a move with long term in mind. A move with Peters imminent holdout in mind. What if Peters doesn't report again? Seriously? Do you want to roll with Chambers? What would your solution be if it gets ugly? If you didn't notice, my scenario has us getting a likely #1 overall pick in '10.

"My" "scenario" involves filling all our major needs, while being proactive vs the worst case scenario. Oh, and two 1st round 2010 picks.

You betta believe it.

Akhippo
01-17-2009, 05:17 PM
We cannot pay or praise Peters for being a top 3 LT when he doesnt come close to displaying that on the field. He let alot a guys through when he should be locking them down. Plus he is going to battle the FO again. We have to cut bait and get the goods while we can. He will not have a higher value than now.

I will sacrifice a Pro Bowl left tackle to build a total line. You will not win with only a LT. EVER. And not even a consistent LT.

I would seriously be on the phone with Detroit. They took Cherilus at RT last year. They will draft a QB with the first. If you said you could walk out of the first day with a franchise QB and Pro Bowl LT, Im sure they would take it and not question. Grab their 20 and 33.

Or call Philly who will be looking for a LT. Take their 28 and 31. Then manuever to pick up some picks next year. In reality, this team needs to stock pile talent and picks for whomever the real coach will be next year.

If we had this opportunity last year, we could have netted.
Brandon Albert at 15
Jeff Otah at 19
Dustin Keller at 30
Phillip Merling at 32

And the only loss would have been Peters and his issues. I think that would be a win win win all the way around. Spare me hind sight and other excuses. I realize those.

Barb
01-18-2009, 01:28 AM
or Robert Gallery?

at least Gallery has turned into a really fine LG, still to high were he was picked but he is good at LG

kernowboy
01-18-2009, 04:21 AM
We do not even need to consider the four players mentioned. There are at least 3 more who have the potential to play on the left, start from day one and be available further down the draft in Round 1 or even in Day 2. The likes of Tony Ugoh (Colts R2) and Staley (49ers No27 R1) have been more than competent.

These guys mentioned are:

Eben Britton, Arizona, 6ft6, 310lbs running 5.05

William Beatty, Conneticut, 6ft6, 310lbs running a 5.12

Troy Kropog, Tulane, 6ft6, 305lbs, running a 4.91

All have the feet and altheticism to play the left.

Whilst I understand the desire not to trade Peters, it removes a potential cancer from the team and if we can get a 1st, 3rd and maybe a 4th, it allows us space to either draft or manover to draft players at TE, FS, LB and C who are needed to upgrade the team overall.

A draft of:

R1. Everette Brown DE
R1. William Beatty LT (Peters pick)
R2. Max Unger C
R2. Chase Coffman TE (move up trading our 3rd and 4th picks)
R3. Marcus Freeman OLB (Peters pick)
R4. Sherrod Martin FS (Peters)
R5. A QB like Cantwell, Painter etc who have slid in their senior season

Trading Peters will allow us theoretically to move up for a starting TE, plus draft a starting replacement for Crowell or LB who can play across multiple positions, plus draft a FS for McKelvin's old college who can push Simpson into form or replacement.

It looks like addition by subtraction.

has allowed us to upgrade in 3 key areas of need and has not really led us to downgrade at LT either.

jamze132
01-18-2009, 04:48 AM
I think I would rather keep my Top 3 LT instead of trading him for picks which may or may not pan out. We already know how to keep Peters happy, we just need to do it.

I'm not convinced that any O-lineman in this draft will be as good or better than Jason Peters.

Mahdi
01-18-2009, 09:13 AM
PETERS IS NOT A CANCER.... so tired of hearing that. The guy is one of the best LTs in the game and when all is said and done he might go down as one of the best ever with Jackie Slater, John Ogden, Willie Roaf, Anthony Munoz, Art Shell etc.

You dont trade the guy because he wants to get paid what he is worth. Players like Jason Peters are what win championships. He has all the tools you look for in a LT, speed, athleticism, power, size. Is it a guarantee the the guy we draft is going to have all those qualities and will pan out to be as good as Jason? No.

So how bout we keep our 2-time pro-bowl LT who we drafted and groomed, draft a stud DE with our 11th pick and continue building this team without constantly getting rid of our most talented players.

LT+ DE+ QB+ DT = playoff contender.

ddaryl
01-18-2009, 09:49 AM
You dont trade the guy because he wants to get paid what he is worth. Players like Jason Peters are what win championships.

Unfortunately guys like Peters do not play football to win championships, they play to make the probowl and to accumulate personal wealth.

I would rather have Peters on the team, but I personally believe he is douche bag loser, and I have no respect for him or players like him. You do not agree to an extension and then 1 year later hold the team hostage demanding more...

all of Peters actions on and off the field tells me he will be a complete pain in the ass to deal with and the Bills will not be able to resign him because he is going to want to be the highest plaid LT in the game to stay with the Bills. He is not worth that, and his 2008 season proved it.

He looked great in 2007, but in 2008 he was 1/2 the player he was the year before.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 10:21 AM

Pat, don't bother with logic here. Peters is a pain in the butt because he wants to get paid as the #1 lineman on our team, not the 3rd best lineman on the team.

We should trade him and devlop raw draft picks. This worked out so well this year with McKelvin, Hardy and Ellis. All were instant upgrades to the team.

I think the fans on this board deserve Ralph Wilson because they all use the same logic as him.

justasportsfan
01-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately guys like Peters do not play football to win championships, they play to make the probowl and to accumulate personal wealth.

I would rather have Peters on the team, but I personally believe he is douche bag loser, and I have no respect for him or players like him. You do not agree to an extension and then 1 year later hold the team hostage demanding more...

all of Peters actions on and off the field tells me he will be a complete pain in the ass to deal with and the Bills will not be able to resign him because he is going to want to be the highest plaid LT in the game to stay with the Bills. He is not worth that, and his 2008 season proved it.

He looked great in 2007, but in 2008 he was 1/2 the player he was the year before.
this team is a bigger douche if they don't even bother to pay him what he's worth. Kelsay is waaaay too overpaid and Peters in NOT even paid average LT money. We're paying the wrong people on this team which is why we are where we're at.

If everyone played like probowlers , we would be in the playoffs at least.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2009, 11:08 AM

3- OT Eugene Monroe
5- OT Michael Oher
6- OT Andre Smith
8- OT Jason Smith

I'd trade Peters and still not draft a OT at #11.

Walker/Chambers did well enough in his place. I'd add depth through Free Agency.

Tatonka
01-18-2009, 11:11 AM

peters didnt play as well as more than one rookie this year.. you watched the games pat.. you know he was a "pro bowler" in name only.

Peters wasnt even in the top 5 OTs in the nfl this year.. probably not in the top 10.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I think I would rather keep my Top 3 LT instead of trading him for picks which may or may not pan out. We already know how to keep Peters happy, we just need to do it.

We don't need Jason Peters to be successful. See Pittsburgh, Arizona, Phila, or Baltimore. Jason Peters doesn't play on those teams and one of them will be winning the Super Bowl.

Actually you can just see Buffalo in the games Peters didn't play the past 2 years.

ddaryl
01-18-2009, 11:24 AM
this team is a bigger douche if they don't even bother to pay him what he's worth. Kelsay is waaaay too overpaid and Peters in NOT even paid average LT money. We're paying the wrong people on this team which is why we are where we're at.

If everyone played like probowlers , we would be in the playoffs at least.

Pay what he is worth I'm OK with... But you know he wants to be overpaid to be a Bill, and I'm not ok with that.

I do understand people being upset with Kelsay's pay and some of the other payouts the team has handed out... but I wouldn't over pay for any player that used a holdout 1 year after an extension. I wouldn't overpay any player that held out.

Also it was Marv who doled out the pay to Kelsay, he isn't here so maybe we get some sanity back in that department.

This is all in Peters court, does he accept a contract with lots of incentives to hit, or does he demand top 5 LT pay with no strings attached. Peters IMO has proven that his work ethic drops off if he doesn't have enough incentive to work hard.

If Peters does play hard ball and demands stupid money and wqon't accept incentives then the Bills have no choice and must off load him...

jimbohastle51
01-18-2009, 11:28 AM

3- OT Eugene Monroe
5- OT Michael Oher
6- OT Andre Smith
8- OT Jason Smith

i refered to this in a post i made a couple years ago, now that some of the prime underclassmen have gone back to school, we might be forced in a situation where we have to take best player available which very well as you noted could be a OT (and all 4 of who you mentioned will start on sunday within the first 1-2 years of there career, very good class at OT)

Jan Reimers
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I just think that when you have as many holes as we have, you don't have the luxury of trading one of your premier players (Peters or Lynch, who has also been mentioned in other posts). We need to focus on DE (we need 2), LB, and C, and to a lesser extent on TE, #2 WR, DT and possibly S.

Why would we throw OT and RB into this huge list of serious needs, when we already have them on our existing roster?

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 12:31 PM
From what I've seen... Peters will not settle for anything reasonable. The Bills will not pay him anything that is not reasonable.

IMO, the Bills will endure 2 more offseasons from Peters like 2008. The LT performance will be likewise the same during this period.

We can address it now and get some compensation. Or we can address the position in a year or 2 without being compensated.

MikeInRoch
01-18-2009, 01:33 PM
From what I've seen... Peters will not settle for anything reasonable. The Bills will not pay him anything that is not reasonable.

I'm curious what makes you say that Peters will not settle for anything reasonable. Have you heard his salary demands?

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Simply my opinion formed by my observations.

MikeInRoch
01-18-2009, 02:18 PM
And those observations would be?

PECKERWOOD
01-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Imagine what you could do with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick. I would even consider trading our later round picks to get higher picks in the draft.

Rd1a.) Eugene Monroe, LT, Virginia
Rd1b.) Alex Mack, C, California
Rd2a.) Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
Rd2b.) James Casey, TE, Rice
Rd3a.) Juaqin Iglesias, WR, OU
Rd3b.) Philip Hunt, DE, Houston

Why not trade Peters for the right price?

Akhippo
01-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Ive seen stats that say Peters has given up more sacks last year than any starting LT. Something like 11.5 in 13 games. Mike Gandy had better sacks per game numbers and people couldnt stand him around here. People have the media hype engrained into their heads when Peters is being brought up.

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 03:50 PM
And those observations would be?1) Signing an extension only to hold out until the day before the 1st game a year later. As a result, he doesn't start until week 3... And doesn't really contribute until week 6.

2) Sitting out the last 2 games of the season with the dreaded mystery injury.

3) Stating that his #1 goal is to be named to the pro bowl.

We can't afford to pay top dollar for 75% players.

X-Era
01-18-2009, 04:01 PM

IMO, the Bills will endure 2 more offseasons from Peters like 2008. The LT performance will be likewise the same during this period.

We can address it now and get some compensation. Or we can address the position in a year or 2 without being compensated.

what exactly have you seen again?

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Aside from what I've already typed... Let's just call it a "feeling" like you Edwards people do.

justasportsfan
01-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Pay what he is worth I'm OK with... But you know he wants to be overpaid to be a Bill, and I'm not ok with that.

I do understand people being upset with Kelsay's pay and some of the other payouts the team has handed out... but I wouldn't over pay for any player that used a holdout 1 year after an extension. I wouldn't overpay any player that held out.

Also it was Marv who doled out the pay to Kelsay, he isn't here so maybe we get some sanity back in that department.

This is all in Peters court, does he accept a contract with lots of incentives to hit, or does he demand top 5 LT pay with no strings attached. Peters IMO has proven that his work ethic drops off if he doesn't have enough incentive to work hard.

If Peters does play hard ball and demands stupid money and wqon't accept incentives then the Bills have no choice and must off load him...

I would hold out too if I was extended to play at RT only to be moved to LT and then the RT they bring in is paid waaay more than I am.

justasportsfan
01-19-2009, 09:12 AM
We don't need Jason Peters to be successful. See Pittsburgh, Arizona, Phila, or Baltimore. Jason Peters doesn't play on those teams and one of them will be winning the Super Bowl.

Actually you can just see Buffalo in the games Peters didn't play the past 2 years.

While they don't have a top LT, they do have talent in other areas and they have good coaches that have good schemes.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2009, 09:16 AM
No one forced Peters to accept an extension a couple years back.

He re-negotiated early.

It's his and his agent's dumb fault for not getting what they felt was "fair market value" for his talents.

So yeah, lets re-negotiate him and then in 2 years when LT money goes up even further, because lets face it, year after year contract do go up. He can hold out again because he feels neglected and underpaid.

What is your solution? Pay him now and then 2 or 3 years down the line when he does this again, trade him? He won't have any more value then, then he does now.

It's blatantly obvious that Peters is a me first, personal accolades type of guy. If his comment of "playing the game to make the pro-bowl" doesn't convey that message to you, I don't know what to tell you.

Dujek
01-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Before anything is done the Bills have to float a reasonable offer past Peters. I don't mean making him a top 5 LT in the league, but we should certainly offer him a deal that makes him our highest paid OL.

If he refuses that and starts *****ing again it's time to trade him.

justasportsfan
01-19-2009, 09:33 AM
No one forced Peters to accept an extension a couple years back.

He re-negotiated early.

It's his and his agent's dumb fault for not getting what they felt was "fair market value" for his talents.

So yeah, lets re-negotiate him and then in 2 years when LT money goes up even further, because lets face it, year after year contract do go up. He can hold out again because he feels neglected and underpaid.

What is your solution? Pay him now and then 2 or 3 years down the line when he does this again, trade him? He won't have any more value then, then he does now.

It's blatantly obvious that Peters is a me first, personal accolades type of guy. If his comment of "playing the game to make the pro-bowl" doesn't convey that message to you, I don't know what to tell you.

He was a RT when he was extended. He's been moved since to LT where he's been playing at the top of the league. He was stupid for holding out but he came back and although he wasn't as good as last sseason, he deserves more than what the bills paid Kelsay.

FYI, Dick thinks Peters played very well this season. You should pronbably question the coaches thoughts on that.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2009, 09:39 AM
He was a RT when he was extended. He's been moved since to LT where he's been playing at the top of the league. He was stupid for holding out but he came back and although he wasn't as good as last sseason, he deserves more than what the bills paid Kelsay.

FYI, Dick thinks Peters played very well this season. You should pronbably question the coaches thoughts on that.

:rofl:

I'm sure the coaches thought Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston played very well too.

How often do you see a coach or another player throw one of their teammates/peers under the bus?

I love how you constantly bring up this point though...like it holds any sort of relevancy.

justasportsfan
01-19-2009, 09:42 AM
:rofl:

I'm sure the coaches thought Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston played very well too.

How often do you see a coach or another player throw one of their teammates/peers under the bus?

I love how you constantly bring up this point though...like it holds any sort of relevancy.

the relevance is that the coach who you think is not the problem of this team is contradicting your thoughts on a player.

You can't go arround telling us Dick isn't the problem and yet you disagree with his assesment about a player.

Peters is more proven as a player than Dick is as a HC. Lets get rid of our proven players like we did PAt Williams and keep coaches who can't win. You sound like you're a fan of another team.

Dujek
01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
the relevance is that the coach who you think is not the problem of this team is contradicting your thoughts on a player.

You can't go arround telling us Dick isn't the problem and yet you disagree with his assesment about a player.

Could it be that Jauron is simply not throwing his player under the bus, and has a different view in private discussions within the organisation?

I'm not saying he does, but I think Jauron is the sort of guy who even if he had a beef with a certain individual's performance he'd still back him in public while criticising him in private.

TacklingDummy
Coaches don't throw players under the bus.

Mr. Pink

Peters is more proven as a player than Dick is as a HC. Lets get rid of our proven players like we did PAt Williams and keep coaches who can't win. You sound like you're a fan of another team.

Show me ONE player that's ever been criticized on this team by a teammate, coach or anyone else in the organization.

Then you can keep bringing up your ridiculous point and have it hold any water.

Every coach sticks up for his players, even if they're simply not good enough at this level.

justasportsfan
01-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Show me ONE player that's ever been criticized on this team by a teammate, coach or anyone else in the organization.

Then you can keep bringing up your ridiculous point and have it hold any water.

Every coach sticks up for his players, even if they're simply not good enough at this level. the players pointed fingers at the coaches.

this coaching staffs theme song is the very same one since they came to buffalo. After 3 years .

"we need to run block better, we need to blah,blah,blah better"

jimbohastle51
01-19-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm curious what makes you say that Peters will not settle for anything reasonable. Have you heard his salary demands?

knowing that peters wants a raise and knowing he is a 2 time pro bowler and 1 time all pro and is only 25 or 26 i would say he wants to be paid like a top 3 LT and given his age and what he has already done in his young career weather we pick apart his flaws or not his agent WILL command 8-10 million a year and most if not all will be guaranteed, so i would say buffalo wants to keep him but does not want to or is not in a hurry to pay that, these are just my opinions but they are also common sense. the guy isnt going to just take a home town discount all of the sudden. he was mad all offseason last year he didnt get "paid" and he was on the record after the last game saying he was mad the contract had not been even discussed all season long. i would think common sense says that russ brandon pretty much threw any chance at a home town discount out the window when he didnt even at least open dialogue with peters agent.

soapman
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I wish we could trade idiots who want to trade an emerging star that just wants to get paid his worth for unproven talent that may or may not pan out.

PECKERWOOD
01-19-2009, 05:03 PM
I wish we could trade idiots who want to trade an emerging star that just wants to get paid his worth for unproven talent that may or may not pan out.

Any player can be traded for the right price. All these threads are hypothetical situations anyhow, so why not name your price?

soapman
01-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Any player can be traded for the right price. All these threads are hypothetical situations anyhow, so why not name your price?

Hypothetical and common sense can't work together?

PECKERWOOD
01-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Hypothetical and common sense can't work together?

Hypothetically speaking, while using common sense.. I think that the bare minimum that we would recieve for Jason Peters would be a 1st & 3rd round selection.

soapman
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Hypothetically speaking, while using common sense.. I think that the bare minimum that we would recieve for Jason Peters would be a 1st & 3rd round selection.

Hypothetically, common sense would be keeping a player who may not be the best LT in the game but one of the best with plenty of upside and not trading away one of the handful of above mediocre players that we have. The goal is to get better, not to get more draft picks.

justasportsfan
01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
The goal is to get better, not to get more draft picks.

Don't tell TDummy that.

yordad
01-20-2009, 11:58 AM

FYI, Dick thinks Peters played very well this season. You should pronbably question the coaches thoughts on that.Was that before of after his mystery season ending injury right after the pro bowl list came out?

yordad
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Hypothetical and common sense can't work together?Are you saying Peters is worth more to the Bills then any other team in the league? Are we talking about the same over-rated, slacking, mystery-injury-havin' peter?

I'm thinking you can manage to use some common sense in coming up with a hypothetical scenario. But, in the you can't manage, you should now this is just a message board, their isn't a minimum requirement for common sense.

Regardless if anyone will pay it, what is the least you would give up Peters for? It is a simple question wise guy.

PECKERWOOD
01-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Hypothetically, common sense would be keeping a player who may not be the best LT in the game but one of the best with plenty of upside and not trading away one of the handful of above mediocre players that we have. The goal is to get better, not to get more draft picks.

For the right amount of draft picks, still refusing to deal Jason Peters goes directly against using common sense. Like I said earlier, it's all about naming your price. I could easily see us landing a 1st, 2nd & 3rd for Peters and if any team offered that I would personally pull the trigger. That's my price for Peters. If you can't even come up with a hypothetical trading price for Jason Peters then that's your problem, not mine.

justasportsfan
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Was that before of after his mystery season ending injury right after the pro bowl list came out?
before.

soapman
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Are you saying Peters is worth more to the Bills then any other team in the league? Are we talking about the same over-rated, slacking, mystery-injury-havin' peter?

I'm thinking you can manage to use some common sense in coming up with a hypothetical scenario. But, in the you can't manage, you should now this is just a message board, their isn't a minimum requirement for common sense.

Regardless if anyone will pay it, what is the least you would give up Peters for? It is a simple question wise guy.

I'm saying that Peters is more important to the Bills than any draft pick at this time. We have 4 maybe 5 standout or above average players on this team. Beast Mode, Evans, Stroud, McGee, and Peters. None other than Lynch may truly be a standout but in order ot build a winner you have to keep the better players. You can't build from free agency and the draft if you keep giving away the good players. That's two steps forward and three steps back. I know this is a message board but we need to at least try to be reasonable.

soapman
01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
For the right amount of draft picks, still refusing to deal Jason Peters goes directly against using common sense. Like I said earlier, it's all about naming your price. I could easily see us landing a 1st, 2nd & 3rd for Peters and if any team offered that I would personally pull the trigger. That's my price for Peters. If you can't even come up with a hypothetical trading price for Jason Peters then that's your problem, not mine.

Hypothetical: Would Denver take a 1st round pick or any number of pics for Clady? No, not because he's the best tackle, but because he's young, a monster, and has tons of upside...like Peters. Is it common sense to give him up just so you can get draft pics? No, you don't trade away players on the upside of their careers because they have an off year and because they want more money because they are better than the salary that they are getting. I wouldn't even discuss a trade for Peters if I was GM. I won't discuss it as a fan because I want the team to get better. I'm tired of rebuilding.