With 4 OT's rated in the top 10 draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

With 4 OT's rated in the top 10 draft...

Maybe it does make sense to trade Peters!

3- OT Eugene Monroe

5- OT Michael Oher
    6- OT Andre Smith
    8- OT Jason Smith
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: With 4 OT's rated in the top 10 draft...

I don't follow your logic on this one draz. How does "There is 4 OTs rated top 10" = "Trading Peters makes sense"?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

hmmmmm

that would bring down him value?????

simple supply and demand

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Have we forgotten Mike Williams?

You can't trade your most important OL position whos proven for a rookie who may or may not pan out. Even if he does ,it's gonna take a couple of years before he comes to his own especially this staff that like to slooooowly plug in players.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad
          I don't follow your logic on this one draz. How does "There is 4 OTs rated top 10" = "Trading Peters makes sense"?
          We can grab a good young OT with our #11... And still have the other 1st and maybe 2nd rounder from Peters to draft needs.

Bottom line... we gain an extra quality pick and lose a pain in the ass!

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by draz54
            We can grab a good young OT with our #11... And still have the other 1st and maybe 2nd rounder from Peters to draft needs.

Bottom line... we gain an extra quality pick and lose a pain in the ass!
            OK, I hear ya. But being that they are top 10, they could all be gone.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Kenny
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Have we forgotten Mike Williams?

You can't trade your most important OL position whos proven for a rookie who may or may not pan out. Even if he does ,it's gonna take a couple of years before he comes to his own especially this staff that like to slooooowly plug in players.
              or Robert Gallery?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                OK, I hear ya. But being that they are top 10, they could all be gone.
                I just don't see 4 OT's going before 11... If they do, that would be good for Buffalo in that a top 5 player such as Curry may still be there.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I think 3 of those 4 are gone by our pick (Oher, A. Smith, and Monroe) and the other shortly there after.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by draz54
                    I just don't see 4 OT's going before 11... If they do, that would be good for Buffalo in that a top 5 player such as Curry may still be there.
                    Yes, that would be good for Buffalo..... if we still had Peters. I don't fancy the idea of rollin' with Chambers. Although a deal with the lions may be tempting. Something like #20 in '09 and #1 in '10 (e Yes). After the Lions nabb a QB first overall ('09), I don't know if a "can't miss" LT will be there at 20. They need both bad. And, their sorry arces have been picking top 5 for like a decade (with poor success), maybe they would be willing to part with it for a proven commodity (a pro bowl LT).

Best case for the Bills....

Trade Peters for two first to the Lions, and no, I don't think thats too steep. Well, maybe we give them back a third or something.

Sign Crowell

Sign a center

Draft a previously mentioned LT @ 11.

Draft a DE @ 20.

Draft a TE @ 32.

Have pick of the litter in '10, because the Lions will still suck.
                    Last edited by yordad; 01-17-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

It doesnt make any sense.

Why trade a OT to draft one? At best, if he becomes a Pro Bowler, we didnt improve the team.. That's just addition by subtraction?

how about instead, we keep our best OL, and we draft a stud who plays another position, then you got two good players out of it, instead of one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

The only OT in this year's draft that even comes close to Jason Peters is probably Andre Smith. I still would be open to trading Jason Peters for the right price. We may lose a little bit of talent at OT but we could upgrade several other positions with the trade value that we got out of him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          It doesnt make any sense.

Why trade a OT to draft one? At best, if he becomes a Pro Bowler, we didnt improve the team.. That's just addition by subtraction?

how about instead, we keep our best OL, and we draft a stud who plays another position, then you got two good players out of it, instead of one.

The idea behind it (and I strongly disagree with it) is while talent wise we immediately take a hit, we draft a guy who will be younger, cheaper and just as good (we hope) in a year or two. So while we may lose some talent this year next year we are good as before, with a cheap LT and without one cancer named Jason Peters. Plus when we deal Peters we actually gain in net picks and can still go DL and then have another extra pick to fill our holes in depth which we have all over the field.

Now I dont like the idea because I dont think Peters is declining, I dont think the Bills have properly handeled his situation, and for gods sake you don't just trade a top 3 LT in the NFL for a draft pick you hope pans out. The above scenario doesnt make enough logical sense and relies way too much on the assumption that;

1. Peters is a cancer
                          2. Peters is on the decline
                          3. One of J. Smith/A. Smith/Monroe/Oher will be able to come in and replace Peters seamlessly in a year or two.

I dont like it at all, and Im the strongest proponent of landing extra draft picks on this board.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                            • Feb 2008

Your saying that we should trade Peters to a team that could already get a OT in the top 10 picks. Why would they bother.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                              Your saying that we should trade Peters to a team that could already get a OT in the top 10 picks. Why would they bother.
                              No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

We currently have...

#11 and #43

If we trade Peters we could *hypothetically have...

#11, #20, #43 and #52

Furthermore... I'm saying we can grab 1 of the 4 OT's currently ranked top 10 at #11.. That leaves #20, #43 and #52 to fill other needs on day 1.

*Before anyone accuses me of saying the Rams would be our trading partner, remember the word "hypothetically".
                              Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-17-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X