PDA

View Full Version : all the major coaching changes should make a jauron firing easier next year

jimbohastle51
01-17-2009, 11:56 PM
if we dont get to the playoffs next year i see no way the bills cant land a HIGHLY talentent coach at a reasonable price... from jon gruden, bill cowher, mike shannahan, and potentially parcells, and herm edwards and dont forget john fox if the panthers dont go to the superbowl next year. those coaches will make other decent candidates like brian billick, jim fassell, and steve marriucci even more offordable because they would have to take less to secure a job. i was a guy that said that cowher would not be with the bills this year if jauron was fired, and i dont think he would be next year but lets say 4 opening accure after next year? cowher eats one up and we would have some PRIME cadidates sitting there willing to take less to coach a team with alot of young talent (and not too mention guys like shannahan and gruden are still collecting paychecks from there previous teams to equal out what they wouldnt get from a team like buffalo) i hope the bills win next year but nowing the amount of good candidates that are going to be out there will make me alot less mad if another let down happened. how could you not get a decent coach if 5 winning coaches are interviewing for 2-3 jobs?? just a thought guys... let me know what you think?

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Oh, it will need to happen...that isn't the question. The question will be, WILL it happen?

jamze132
01-18-2009, 04:51 AM
So we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs on tie-breakers because we couldn't win in the division. Is that good enough to keep Dickin' around? I think not.

Billiever86
01-18-2009, 08:38 AM
we coulda had them this year....and start our redevelopment this year...but oh well...terribad franchise

jimbohastle51
01-18-2009, 11:23 AM
we coulda had them this year....and start our redevelopment this year...but oh well...terribad franchise

we couldnt of had gruden, holmgren, parcells, edwards, or shannahan this year, not with the senior bowl this next week. every time has to have a coach in place to go start there scouting at the senior bowl (exept maybe the raiders but they always go against the grain), and we couldnt of had billick, fassell, or marriucci for the discount price we could get them for next year now that 4 or 5 big name coaches will be available.

jimbohastle51
01-18-2009, 11:26 AM
So we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs on tie-breakers because we couldn't win in the division. Is that good enough to keep Dickin' around? I think not.

i agree, i think anything short of a playoff game next year and jauron is gone, and i will go far enough to say that if we start slow next year 2-3 or 2-5 then jauron gets axed then and april gets his chance for the rest of the year as sort of an expirement to see if he can be a head coach before we enter an offseason with the most prime coaching class in years!