PDA

View Full Version : peppers wants to be in a 3-4 defense

Lefty2985
01-18-2009, 08:51 AM
• Four-time Pro Bowl defensive end Julius Peppers has decided he won’t sign a long-term deal with the Carolina Panthers when he becomes an unrestricted free agent Feb. 26. His agent, Carl Carey, told ESPN.com of Peppers’ decision early Saturday. Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 defense. The Panthers use a 4-3 alignment.

in the buffalo news this morning so that mean there a 3 big changes he plays against us twice a year!!!

Bling
01-18-2009, 09:01 AM
He better come play for the Dolphins! Woooohooo. Peppers and Porter? Can you imagine?!?!

Mahdi
01-18-2009, 09:17 AM
If thats the case I hope the Cardinals make a big push for him.

Owen DeBoard
01-18-2009, 09:40 AM
If thats the case I hope the Cardinals make a big push for him.
Dont the Cardinals play a 4-3 defence?

Mahdi
01-18-2009, 09:46 AM
no... 3-4 hybrid. He would be a perfect fit.

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Time for the Bills to switch to a 3-4 D!!

Tiburon1724
01-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Time for the Bills to switch to a 3-4 D!!

He also wants to be with a contender :/

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 12:54 PM
With a player as talented as he is, it would not be uncommon for him to believe he will make the difference between 7 and 9 and contender.

He'll see the names Stroud and Schobel and drool... Fortunately he may not be smart enough to understand that Schobel is a has been.

Bling
01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
With a player as talented as he is, it would not be uncommon for him to believe he will make the difference between 7 and 9 and contender.

He'll see the names Stroud and Schobel and drool... Fortunately he may not be smart enough to understand that Schobel is a has been.

:rofl: Do you really think anyone wants to play in Buffalo?

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 01:35 PM
To be honest with you... Not at this time. That's why we have to overpay for players such as Dockery. And make no mistake... If we go after a player like Peppers, Ralph will know full well that he'll cost 10 - 20% more to get him in Buffalo.

But you know as well as I do that environments evolve... Look what Parcels did for your Dolphins.

Bling
01-18-2009, 01:39 PM
To be honest with you... Not at this time. That's why we have to overpay for players such as Dockery. And make no mistake... If we go after a player like Peppers, Ralph will know full well that he'll cost 10 - 20% more to get him in Buffalo.

But you know as well as I do that environments evolve... Look what Parcels did for your Dolphins.

Exactly. You can only sign the Ernest Wilfords of the league. You can only trade and get better through the draft.

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 01:48 PM
We'll see.

PECKERWOOD
01-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Exactly. You can only sign the Ernest Wilfords of the league. You can only trade and get better through the draft.

That really isn't true. We've gotten big FA's in the past and to be honest, I'm not sure if I would want to pay 13mil a year for Peppers. I would actually prefer Suggs over Peppers.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2009, 02:37 PM
:rofl: Do you really think anyone wants to play in Buffalo?
For the 1 millionth time. The team/city/etc means NOTHING. Who ever offers him the most money is where he will go. 99% of players fit this mold. To believe differently is naive. With that said the Bills will not offer him the most money so it is a moot point.

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 02:40 PM
For the 1 millionth time. The team/city/etc means NOTHING. Who ever offers him the most money is where he will go. 99% of players fit this mold. To believe differently is naive. With that said the Bills will not offer him the most money so it is a moot point.

Don't bother...the guy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about...never has.

Bling
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM

So it will never get to that point, because Ralph is cheap. You're telling me, though, that if you're within a million someone wants to play in Buffalo more than Miami, Pittsburgh, New England, New York? Who wants to play for a perennial playoff no show. Get real.

Bling
01-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't bother...the guy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about...never has.

My team made the playoffs; yours didn't.

PECKERWOOD
01-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Bling you're going to get molested in this thread, I can already see it coming. :rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2009, 03:14 PM
So it will never get to that point, because Ralph is cheap. You're telling me, though, that if you're within a million someone wants to play in Buffalo more than Miami, Pittsburgh, New England, New York? Who wants to play for a perennial playoff no show. Get real.
Yes if Buffalo offered a Million more he would come here. Do you EVER see guys going for less money? RARELY!!! This is Fact Bling. Not sure why you are arguing.

Bling
01-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes if Buffalo offered a Million more he would come here. Do you EVER see guys going for less money? RARELY!!! This is Fact Bling. Not sure why you are arguing.

I've seen quiet often actually. A million total isn't worth much if you get to play for a contender. Look at the Yankees, the Yankees had to push the numbers out of reach of anyone, because Sabathia really wanted to play elsewhere. Money speaks, but there are plenty of cases where players take less money to remain with the same team or to play for a contender. Obviously there comes a point where the millions difference is worth playing somewhere like Detroit or Buffalo.

Bling
01-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Bling you're going to get molested in this thread, I can already see it coming. :rofl:
Did you see us beat the Jets, and win the AFC East? I can't remember the last time the Bills won the division. Quit speaking in this thread. My team beat yours.... TWICE!

(Sounds kind of familiar huh?)

Ingtar33
01-18-2009, 03:45 PM

no.. they play a mostly 3-4... on rare occasions a little 4-3 gets mixed in, largely because they don't really have all the right personnel to play a 3-4 exclusively.

billogic99
01-18-2009, 04:00 PM

I think Miami has a far better history than Buffalo. Not to mention they have the weather and no luxury tax. There is just far more to like about Miami than Buffalo, always has been.

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Well I guess we should all just slit our feckin wrists then!!!