PDA

View Full Version : How about trading Evans!!

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 03:29 PM
For all the arguments about Peters not playing like a top LT, after watching the playoffs so far, Evans looks like the one that should be traded.

Evans doesn't challenge CBs at all.

LtFinFan66
01-18-2009, 03:30 PM
:rofl:

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 03:33 PM
:rofl:

Would you trade Ginn for Evans?

DBrown77
01-18-2009, 03:34 PM
since we suck so bad, lets trade our best players....genius

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 03:36 PM
since we suck so bad, lets trade our best players....genius

First off, I don't think this is a serious option.

But with all the *****ing about Peters I'm trying to figure out how Evans gets such a pass.

If you can justify trading Peters than you can more than justify trading Evans.

hydro
01-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Lets Trade Peters, Evans and Lynch for draft picks! :brilliant:

DBrown77
01-18-2009, 03:38 PM

But with all the *****ing about Peters I'm trying to figure out how Evans gets such a pass.

If you can justify trading Peters than you can more than justify trading Evans.I think we hold on to both

X-Era
01-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Please... Please, Please

I means seriously.

You dont get better by getting rid of all your best players

streetkings01
01-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Evans is very overrated, but I wouldn't trade him, nor would I have paid him the money he is receiving.....with that being said.....you dont trade away your best WR with nobody else on the roster to replace him!

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Please... Please, Please

I means seriously.

You dont get better by getting rid of all your best players

I agree.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Evans is very overrated, but I wouldn't trade him, nor would I have paid him the money he is receiving.....with that being said.....you dont trade away your best WR with nobody else on the roster to replace him!

So isn't this the same exact argument for Peters???

LtFinFan66
Would you trade Ginn for Evans?No but i would definitely take Evans off your hands

Patti120
How bout suckin my left nut! JK, but seriously I don't see it happening. Although Evans hasn't totally proven his value we have not seen him with a solid QB and a decent #2 WR or a solid TE. If we had any of the above and he wasn't making any sort of a difference then I'd agree.

LtFinFan66
01-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Lets Trade Peters, Evans and Lynch for draft picks! :brilliant:Trade Hydro as well

X-Era
01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
This team needs the best damn players it can get.

I dont want to water down what we could get by moving down too much

I dont want to use our good players to gather more picks

I dont want to act like we are the ones paying the bills and only look for second tier players

I dont want marginal moves that may makes sense for this or that reason, but dont bring anything significantly better.

I want to get better by adding true, significant, upgrades at a few key positions.

X-Era
01-18-2009, 03:45 PM
How bout suckin my left nut! JK, but seriously I don't see it happening. Although Evans hasn't totally proven his value we have not seen him with a solid QB and a decent #2 WR or a solid TE. If we had any of the above and he wasn't making any sort of a difference then I'd agree.

Joking or not, thats the wrong type of language on this board.

Akhippo
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Let Evans make a couple pro bowls on reputation, get an over inflated value of self, demand in a year for the team to renegotiate his contract, then sit out while S Johnson plays just as well as him. Plus there would have to be an instant market for his position.

Then yes, he and Peters would be in the same argument

MikeInRoch
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Why stop there? We'll trade every single player for draft picks. Then on draft weekend, we'll have an ENTIRE team of rookies!

X-Era
01-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Why stop there? We'll trade every single player for draft picks. Then on draft weekend, we'll have an ENTIRE team of rookies!

And on top of that 80% will probably never be any good.

hydro
01-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Trade Hydro as well

:mad:

LtFinFan66
01-18-2009, 03:58 PM
:lolpoint::mad:

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 04:05 PM
No but i would definitely take Evans off your hands

See, you just made my case for me.

Ginn>Evans.

How much are we paying Evans?

Night Train
01-18-2009, 04:12 PM
:rofl: unreal

You are the worst poster EVER !

HHURRICANE
01-18-2009, 04:16 PM
:rofl: unreal

You are the worst poster EVER !

This is what cracks me up about this board. Evans is great because????

I made the case that Lynch was running poorly early in the season and I got the same reaction. Than the coaching staff admits publicly that Lynch was struggling and everyone disappears around here.

X-Era
01-18-2009, 04:22 PM
This is what cracks me up about this board. Evans is great because????

I made the case that Lynch was running poorly early in the season and I got the same reaction. Than the coaching staff admits publicly that Lynch was struggling and everyone disappears around here.

This is a significant difference between saying someone is great and saying we should **** can them

Using that logic, we will have about 51 holes to fill and 51 extra picks

Keep what you have thats good, and simply add more talent.

LtFinFan66
01-18-2009, 04:23 PM
See, you just made my case for me.

Ginn>Evans.

How much are we paying Evans?Nope...never said that. I am a Buckeye fan which is why I want to keep Ginn and he is younger. Evans is better AT THIS POINT but Ginn is getting better

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 04:31 PM
When's the last time Evans sat out the entire OTA's and training camp after signing an extension the year before? You all know full well what the issue is here!!

X-Era
01-18-2009, 04:36 PM
So we can win a Superbowl without ever paying players what they are worth?

The Bills dont set the market, the other 31 teams do.

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Than why sign the contract to begin with? Bills took a chance on Peters... Now he's gone from undrafted free agent to millionaire. Let him wait like everyone else for his next big payday!!

X-Era
01-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Than why sign the contract to begin with? Bills took a chance on Peters... Now he's gone from undrafted free agent to millionaire. Let him wait like everyone else for his next big payday!!
What "chance" did the Bills take? They paid him second tier OT money when everyone knew he was an up and comer.

Im not going to argue the history. It doesnt matter. Your talking about our best lineman... yet he isnt paid even remotely like the #1 guy on our line. Forget top this or that money, just pay him more than the rest of our lineman... just pay him that, he certainly deserves it.

But if your gonna try to play business man, and save dollars when we are a losing team and hes one of our best players... I have no use for that... I have no interest in trying to put more money in Ralphs pockets.

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Ralph's pockets have nothing to do with this... Bruce Smith pulled the same stunt... Only thing is, Bruce pulled it off... Jason doesn't!!!

Akhippo
01-18-2009, 05:02 PM
What "chance" did the Bills take? They paid him second tier OT money when everyone knew he was an up and comer.

Im not going to argue the history. It doesnt matter. Your talking about our best lineman... yet he isnt paid even remotely like the #1 guy on our line. Forget top this or that money, just pay him more than the rest of our lineman... just pay him that, he certainly deserves it.

But if your gonna try to play business man, and save dollars when we are a losing team and hes one of our best players... I have no use for that... I have no interest in trying to put more money in Ralphs pockets.

So they make the mistake and overpay for Dockery, so we should compound that mistake by paying Peters. The man gave up almost a sack a game; Id hate to see how much we would have to pay him if he was a top 10 tackle last year.

X-Era
01-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Ralph's pockets have nothing to do with this... Bruce Smith pulled the same stunt... Only thing is, Bruce pulled it off... Jason doesn't!!!

Getting rid of Peters makes us worse not better... so your willing to have an even worse record just to "stick it" to him?

Good call :rolleyes:

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Where did I say that... If anything I'm showing where we could fill more holes.

X-Era
01-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Where did I say that... If anything I'm showing where we could fill more holes.

Exactly, fill more holes with more mediocrity by giving up something really good.

Im sure there is a version where the Bills end up with better talent and better as a whole by trading him... but I think its extremely unlikely and I think its dumb just to trade him because we dont want to pay him or want to sedn him a message.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Lets Trade Peters, Evans and Lynch for draft picks! :brilliant:

Add Whitner and Schobel into it and let's start making some deals.

X-Era
01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Add Whitner and Schobel into it and let's start making some deals.

Russ is that you?

SeatownBillsFan21
01-18-2009, 06:04 PM
SPAM

HAMMER
01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Why do I open these ridiculous threads by the King of Ridiculousness, idiocy.

acehole
01-19-2009, 08:47 AM
For all the arguments about Peters not playing like a top LT, after watching the playoffs so far, Evans looks like the one that should be traded.

Evans doesn't challenge CBs at all.

Can we trade hhurrican for somebody on the fins board?

Dujek
01-19-2009, 09:02 AM
I say we trade him for FTP, they both make as much sense and I don't feel guilty about bashing a fishstick...

HHURRICANE
01-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Replace Edwards, trade Peters, trade Lynch.

My point is that if the guys above are negotiable than so is Evans. Evans hasn't played like a guy that is elite. He plays like a guy that is our best WR. There is a huge difference between the two.

Dujek
01-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Edwards and Lynch shouldn't be negotiable, and if Peters hadn't thrown his dummy out of the pram and held out of camp he wouldn't be being mentioned either. The fact is we need all four of the players mentioned, but if Peters is going to have a negative effect on team morale then trading him becomes a viable option.

Simple enough?

ddaryl
01-19-2009, 09:17 AM

If you can justify trading Peters than you can more than justify trading Evans.

Evans didn't sign an extension then 1 year later hold out for a new contract. In fact Evans still showed up to camp and still played before getting his new contract. Evans also handled the team / media end with a lot more class the Peters did. Evans also accepted a reasonable contract which is something Peters needs to do but I feel he has no intention of doing.

IMHO Evans is a classy player, Peters is proving to be an *******.

I don't want the Bills to trade him, but I expect him to be a problem. He proved he was a problem last season.

PECKERWOOD
01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Like I said before, every player is tradeable at the right price. Give me a 1st, 3rd & a pick next year and you can have him.