PDA

View Full Version : Taxpayers cough up over 800K per Bills game

X-Era
01-18-2009, 07:21 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/552787.html

EESSHHH!

Thats alot for a team that hasnt had a winning season in the past 5 years.

Theres lots of info in the article... I dont know what to make of it.

Typ0
01-19-2009, 03:05 AM
oh my goodness. The Bills sell tickets to games and someone else doesn't pay all the expenses for them. My heart bleeds for them. They make it sound like the taxpayers are gyping them by not paying all their expenses. Screw those jerks.

Typ0
01-19-2009, 03:09 AM
this is exactly why RW is against having a new stadium that would solidify keeping the team in WNY--because in the long run some of the money will come out of his pocket because the taxpayers will not bear as much a percentage of the operating expenses. He's rather operate in an antique stadium where the taxpayers cover all the expenses. And then he moves games and they still cover expenses he doesn't even incur. That old ****ing miser *******.

Historian
01-19-2009, 05:46 AM
A prime example of the windfall arrived on Jan. 1, 2008. The Bills collected the National Hockey League’s rental fee, reportedly $250,000, for that day’s “Winter Classic” hockey game in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

:shakeno:

EricStratton
01-19-2009, 08:22 AM
By the looks of the article the county made a bad deal 10 years ago and the Bills reaped the benefits.

DynaPaul
01-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Gawd, I just want to throw up. Knowing this, I think the Bills have that much more of a responsibility to field a WINNING team. We are paying for a perennial loser with our tax money in a horrible economy.

JD
01-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Man oh Man I love Ralphie

Typ0
01-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Gawd, I just want to throw up. Knowing this, I think the Bills have that much more of a responsibility to field a WINNING team. We are paying for a perennial loser with our tax money in a horrible economy.

not really. It's one of if not the only market in the NFL where the municipality pays for the stadium AND the operating expenses yet the team is poor and they can't afford to win.

Typ0
01-20-2009, 05:45 AM
I think I'm going to have some jerseys printed up. It's going to be a regular jersey and the name on it will be "sucker". Should sell a ton.