PDA

View Full Version : Anquan Boldin, I think this would be an answer.

HHURRICANE
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Certainly his little hissy fit didn't help him much but the guy can play and our team would be instantly better on offense.

Thoughts?

DraftBoy
01-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Jerry Rice would of been an answer too. What's the point here?

PECKERWOOD
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I wish.

circlethewagons
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
we'd have to give up waaay to many draft picks to get him (2 firsts probly) and we have way to many holes to fill. Not only that but he wants a new contract, something the bills are hesitant to give, especially when they would have to pay him higher than lee

ddaryl
01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
between giving up our 1st rd pick this year and probably next year the 40+ million contract he will recieve doens't fit well with Lee's contract.

Plus if we were to sign Boldin and Peters we would have absolutly no cash left to do anything in FA therefore we would have another year of Kelsay Denney, Schobel.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Peters for Boldin.

TacklingDummy
01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Peters for Boldin.

:up:

Straight up.

bigbub2352
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I would trade for him in a second

HHURRICANE
01-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Ironically we could probably trade Peters for Gandy and Boldin.

Gandy knows our system.

patmoran2006
01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
There are at least a dozen teams in this league saying the same thing if he were to become available.

Big name WR= NOT happening. We just paid Lee Evans $40+ million whether we like it or not (I do). We are NOT going to pay another big time WR big time money.

PECKERWOOD
01-19-2009, 05:51 PM
There are at least a dozen teams in this league saying the same thing if he were to become available.

Big name WR= NOT happening. We just paid Lee Evans $40+ million whether we like it or not (I do). We are NOT going to pay another big time WR big time money.

The difference between Boldin and Evans is that Boldin is actually a #1 WR! He isn't just paid like a number 1, he IS a number 1! Fantastic difference.

Raptor
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
would love to have him here but it aint happening

more cowbell
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
this has as much of a chance of happening as peyton manning being traded to the patriots

acehole
01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Certainly his little hissy fit didn't help him much but the guy can play and our team would be instantly better on offense.

Thoughts?

Talk about stupid posts that will never happen gezzusskkrist.

lukabrossi
01-20-2009, 06:23 AM
You my friend, are a jackass. You think the Cards would ever let him go? You think that there wouldn't be a line-up down a small city block from other teams to snap him up? You think that Buffalo could even compete with a fair and decent contract for him, when teams like Dallas have a never-ending cash supply and deep pockets?.......i can't believe i even wasted my time reading this.

patmoran2006
01-20-2009, 06:51 AM
The difference between Boldin and Evans is that Boldin is actually a #1 WR! He isn't just paid like a number 1, he IS a number 1! Fantastic difference.
Don't disagree. I'm saying we would not pay any WR huge money when we just extended Evans for all that money.

Whatever resources we spend, wont be going to WR-- at least not Boldin-money anyway

ddaryl
01-20-2009, 07:34 AM

I though Lee received about 36 million

User Manuel
01-20-2009, 07:45 AM
I'd take him, but I'd rather take a shot at Braylon Edwards, but that is just a personal preference. either would be a huge addition. I would worry about Boldin playing outdoors in the cold for the first time regularly.

patmoran2006
01-20-2009, 08:46 AM
I though Lee received about 36 million
Yeah.. My bad.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
He actually got an additional $37.5 million over four years.<o:p></o:p>

Regardless, it’s very unrealistic to think the Bills would go out and sign or acquire a receiver like Boldin, or Edwards as some others have discussed.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they wouldn’t be great upgrades and be tremendous addition to our offense; what I’m reiterating is that Ralph Wilson is not going to give another WR $8-10 million per year when Evans already got all that money this year.<o:p></o:p>
I do expect the Bills to sign a WR in free agency, but not at anywhere near the price one of the top guys would cost. Nate Washington or Hank Baskett (RFA) are two guys that immediately come to mind. With Hardy likely far from ready by the summer ,and with Reed having a good year but better suited in the slot, the Bills really need a vet guy for the outside. Just don’t’ expect it to be a pricey one.<o:p></o:p>
The Bills will likely make 1-2 significant free agent moves, and I’d expect them to come at either DE, LB or center.<o:p></o:p>

Pinkerton Security
01-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I'd take him, but I'd rather take a shot at Braylon Edwards, but that is just a personal preference. either would be a huge addition. I would worry about Boldin playing outdoors in the cold for the first time regularly.

anquan is the better receiver overall, but if braylon can solve his dropsies, he is very close, and would be much cheaper to get. however, he is still one of the best players on the browns and i dont see that happening.

Mahdi
01-20-2009, 12:15 PM
You my friend, are a jackass. You think the Cards would ever let him go? You think that there wouldn't be a line-up down a small city block from other teams to snap him up? You think that Buffalo could even compete with a fair and decent contract for him, when teams like Dallas have a never-ending cash supply and deep pockets?.......i can't believe i even wasted my time reading this.
Hey how bout you get lost! or post with respect...

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
And what about the pass rush?

Marvelous
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
tRENT eDWARDS l-o-v-e-s Josh Reed. Coincidence? NO-way!
-I'll explain- He lacks confidence in throwing deep. I guess..I mean why else would he hit the flats,the RB's,TE's & Josh Reed sooo much? So if we do stick with Trent then we BETTER prepare the offense to suit him. Lets not repeat the JP mistake. Trent Needs a Josh Reed clone but upgraded. One with some skills after the catch besides JR's bulldozing spins etc...So the player types ima thinking is Anquan Boldin & Roy Williams, Keenan Mcardell,Chris Chambers etc etc.. No i don't think Chambers is anythign special, but he is a posession WR & that's what Trent needs to be successful IMO...
--Disclaimer- I love Lee Evans & i esp Love players homegrown(we draft) & Evans is thee only jersey i've bought in two seasons now. THROWBACK Evans for wife. BUT it's obvious that he & Trent lack chemistry & Trent has no long ball & NO Long ball CONFIDENCE. So Evans value is shot...I owulda loved Evans for Boldin str8^..Or Evans for Roy WIlliams.. Or Evans traded for any stud clutch WR who's talent,skill set is hands & 1st downs instead of speed demon......Guys, we must address this for Trent asap to be successful, OR Pat is gonna be right in that we need a Stud TE to compensate..Crap, we atleast need to score a stud FB who can be usefull catching outta the backfield/flats..

-Is this years STUD-FB up there in recieving skills like Brian Leonard? I'd spend a 3rd or 4th on the position if it means Trent gets a awesome security blanket.
::error/edit:: yes i did say yesterday that "FB is useless in todays game" But i meant it as the Gash type & useless ofr our current team.. If Trent loves the flats & shorties then dmn str8 we need to upgrade TE & score talented FB who specializes in sweet hands... Shouman DID progress very nicely last year. A super stud rookie would be better because of Hype, but we know Shouman could breakout if he gets rythem with Trent.. Wish i could make a 40 second highlight(lol) of him for the masses..I was impressed, but 2 awesome catches from the TE position is enough to impress us TE deprived fans.....Did MItchell really suggest us trade Robert Royal? ROTFLMAO.. Madden!

Luisito23
01-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Peters for Edwards and Cleveland's 2nd....

lukabrossi
01-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Hey how bout you get lost! or post with respect...

i offer my apologies.