PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Curry? Uhh, why??????

patmoran2006
01-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I"ve been reading a ton on him and watching as much video as I can get my hands on. I've also been keeping an eye on a lot of mocks (though I dont put much stock in them)

but I have a question.

Why is anyone on here even DISCUSSING Aaron Curry?!?!?

This guy is NOT falling to the 11th pick, and you don't have to be Mel Kiper or Mike Mayock or any of the "pros" to know this.

This guy won't even come in the vicinity of being around at #11. So lets talk more about some DE's or another position that has any kind of REALISTIC chance of being ON the board when the Bills pick at #11.

This is already becoming like 2007 all over again when 2/3 of this board swore there would be a chance Adrian Peterson fell to us at #12, or 2006 when D'Brickshaw Ferguson would slip to #8.

I'm not a Draft Pro I admit, but I can tell you with certainty that Aaron Curry will NOT be on the board when the Bills are picking 11th.

move on!

Mitchell55
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Yep, Cincinatti, Cleveland, GB, KC, and Oakland all need LBs. Why would one of the best fall to us.

patmoran2006
01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Yep, Cincinatti, Cleveland, GB, KC, and Oakland all need LBs. Why would one of the best fall to us.
All those teams but GB need just about everything, but that's not really the point.

From what i've seen and read and heard, Curry is way too talented to be around at #11.

Mitchell55
01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
All those teams but GB need just about everything, but that's not really the point.

From what i've seen and read and heard, Curry is way too talented to be around at #11.

Yes, they need alot but LB is a top 3 need for each.

bigbub2352
01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Malcom Jenkins at 11 CB OSU

Ingtar33
01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Curry won't make it past Oakland... unless something sparkly with an amazing 40 time distracts AL Davis this year.

Mitchell55
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM

Um, that would make me kill myself. Makes no sense at all.

Mitchell55
01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Curry won't make it past Oakland... unless something sparkly with an amazing 40 time distracts AL Davis this year.

Michael Crabtree would go to Oakland between the 2.

DraftBoy
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM

Hello Jeremy Maclin...IF he runs a sub 4.35 (which he claims he can) he'll skyrocket and Oakland could use a WR in the worst of ways.

DraftBoy
01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I"ve been reading a ton on him and watching as much video as I can get my hands on. I've also been keeping an eye on a lot of mocks (though I dont put much stock in them)

but I have a question.

This guy is NOT falling to the 11th pick, and you don't have to be Mel Kiper or Mike Mayock or any of the "pros" to know this.

This guy won't even come in the vicinity of being around at #11. So lets talk more about some DE's or another position that has any kind of REALISTIC chance of being ON the board when the Bills pick at #11.

This is already becoming like 2007 all over again when 2/3 of this board swore there would be a chance Adrian Peterson fell to us at #12, or 2006 when D'Brickshaw Ferguson would slip to #8.

I'm not a Draft Pro I admit, but I can tell you with certainty that Aaron Curry will NOT be on the board when the Bills are picking 11th.

move on!

Or we can discuss it because there is always a shot a player might fall and since OLB is arguable our biggest need and most feasible that we will make an effort to fix, it only makes sense to talk about its top ranked player, no? Your logic makes no sense here.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Jenkins won't be available either.

DraftBoy
01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Jenkins won't be available either.

He's Cleveland or Cincy bound, I can't see him getting out of Ohio.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2009, 03:54 PM
He's Cleveland or Cincy bound, I can't see him getting out of Ohio.

I really don't see Cleveland taking a Corner on Day 1.

Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald are both young and growing...Daven Holly, while not spectacular, is more than serviceable.

Cincy on the other hand is likely Jenkins destination.

Mitchell55
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Ive got Cincinatti taking a OT and Cleveland taking Curry.

patmoran2006
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Or we can discuss it because there is always a shot a player might fall and since OLB is arguable our biggest need and most feasible that we will make an effort to fix, it only makes sense to talk about its top ranked player, no? Your logic makes no sense here.
we can also discuss getting Julius Peppers via FA, but it's not happening, just like Curry isn't happening either (not at #11 anyway).

While the majority of us know each other pretty well, and have a somewhat mutual respect for each other and our knowledge of football, to a visitor of this board or a newbie who knows football, its pretty ******ed that we're even discussing a guy like Curry at #11.

DrGraves
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
because people are delusional and don't understand football. they don't understand that our offensive and defensive line is the source of the bills struggles.

SquishDaFish
01-19-2009, 04:10 PM
How about everyone can discuss anyone they want. Its called discussion and people talking up a player they like. WTH is wrong with that?? Get off your damn high horse

patmoran2006
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
How about everyone can discuss anyone they want. Its called discussion and people talking up a player they like. WTH is wrong with that?? Get off your damn high horse
Aww, Sweety Pie.. You mad that the Yanks signed CC and Burnett and Texeira????

OK. I think the Bills are going to sign Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Albert Haynesworth and Matt Birk in free agency, and then draft Aaron Curry in the second round, because I think he's going to slip into the second round.

methos4ever
01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
There are 2 Top 10 QBs, 3 Top 10 OT, Raji, Maluaga, Curry, Orakpo, Brown, Crabtree and at least a running back. Add in the yearly wonders that shoot up and there is a chance Curry could fall to us. Now will it fall out that way? I don't know...but to say he's definitely not going to be there at 11 is a little premature.

PECKERWOOD
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
we can also discuss getting Julius Peppers via FA, but it's not happening, just like Curry isn't happening either (not at #11 anyway).

While the majority of us know each other pretty well, and have a somewhat mutual respect for each other and our knowledge of football, to a visitor of this board or a newbie who knows football, its pretty ******ed that we're even discussing a guy like Curry at #11.

We have a MUCH better shot at getting Curry over Peppers!

Night Train
01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Lets keep ignoring O/D lineman and keep drafting skill players.

I want to be the Lions in the worst way.

Mahdi
01-19-2009, 05:10 PM

but I have a question.

move on!
I hope he isnt ont the board when we pick because it will increase our chances of getting Everette Brown. I have a feeling the only DE we will have a shot at is Michael Johnson though and he looks more like a Calais Campbell than a Julius Peppers.

X-Era
01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Hello Jeremy Maclin...IF he runs a sub 4.35 (which he claims he can) he'll skyrocket and Oakland could use a WR in the worst of ways.

I thin he has a real shot of being there at 11

Mahdi
01-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Jeremy Maclin could save the Bills draft. If he gets taken in the top ten then we have a shot at either Brown or Orakpo

Jaybird
01-19-2009, 05:35 PM
bottom line is the boy is that good, that even temas who don't need a LB, who draft before us will take him!!!!!

Mayock calls him a better Patrick Willis, and he sees ZERO flaws in his game.. unless we trade up into the top 5, he will never play for the bills!!!!

SquishDaFish
01-19-2009, 06:11 PM

OK. I think the Bills are going to sign Julius Peppers, Terrell Suggs, Albert Haynesworth and Matt Birk in free agency, and then draft Aaron Curry in the second round, because I think he's going to slip into the second round.

:lol: Hell no Im not mad. I have faith in the Red Sox front office recently seeing unlike your **** team we have won multiple times since 2000. They always seem to come up with the right moves. Thanx for caring

T-Long
01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
I gotta say that the only surprise pick that the Bills would make at #11 is if Malcolm Jenkins falls. With McGee having one year left, I truly feel like they could go in that direction if he falls, but I doubt he will.

So that leaves us with the possibility of a few DE's.

1. Brian Orakpo
2. Everette Brown
3. Michael Johnson

I think Orakpo goes top 10, but I think we could get Brown. Johnson is suited better as a late first rounder.

I'd be very happy to get Brown from FSU.

jimbohastle51
01-19-2009, 10:01 PM

but I have a question.

move on!

though i am not as high on him as some (i'll make my second opinion on him while at the senior bowl saturday and then after the combine i'll make my pick on where he ends up) after brandon spikes chose to go back to florida for his senior year that made curry the clear cut #1 outside linebacker in the draft. there is almost NO chance he falls out of the top 10 unless a team with multiple needs trades down and he falls to us, and even then as i am sure draftboy and you pat will agree someone if not multiple teams will probably be trying to trade up to get him since there is such a drop off after him with the outside linebacker crop this year. yes you could draft larinitis or mauluga (much like mitchell was moved from inside to outside when he went to NY) and put them outside but it is no sure thing? curry is a guy that you just plug in day one and he starts outside for you. larinitis or mauluga might not have as much juice there rookie year if put in that move. the minute spikes went back to school curry had to have had dollar signs in his eyes :)

jimbohastle51
01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
if orakpo is there, i see no way we pass on him period. i think by the time they say the bills are on the clock our guy would be there with our draft pick card to hand it in LOL! he is as sure fire as you get in this draft at DE.

lukabrossi
01-20-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm not knocking Lynch, but Buffalo could have traded-up for Peterson........Buffalo is never aggresive enough through the draft.

X-Era
01-20-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm not knocking Lynch, but Buffalo could have traded-up for Peterson........Buffalo is never aggresive enough through the draft.

On that we agree

The year we were shopping for a WR, Larry Fitz and Roy Williams went above us, we also wanted a QB and Big Ben, Eli, and Rivers went above us.

We needed a LB and Patrick Willis went above us

We needed a DT and didnt draft Ngata or Bunkley when they fell to us

X-Era
01-20-2009, 06:23 AM

By the way, the big problem is that they are never solid enough through free agency and trades that they could ever afford to be really aggressive (in their minds)

I would trade two or three solid starters obtained through the draft for a star from the draft, if I simply paid for those solid starters in free agency.

lukabrossi
01-20-2009, 06:24 AM
i can't argue.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Just what this team needs ANTHER DB

DraftBoy
01-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Jeremy Maclin could save the Bills draft. If he gets taken in the top ten then we have a shot at either Brown or Orakpo

I dont think Orakpo gets down to us, but it could happen with a bad combine and Brown will likely be there either way imo.

Dr. Lecter
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
If Pat will post a list of players that we are not allowed to talk about, I will add it to the TOS and ban people who mention the players.

DraftBoy
01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
If Pat will post a list of players that we are not allowed to talk about, I will add it to the TOS and ban people who mention the players.

Ill add the names to the filter also so all we see ***** instead of Curry.

Dr. Lecter
01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Ill add the names to the filter also so all we see ***** instead of Curry.

Last warning.

Do not say his name again!!!

DraftBoy
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Last warning.

Do not say his name again!!!

CURRY!
CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CU RRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!

:respect:

superbills
01-20-2009, 01:41 PM

Muuuuwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! It is so much fun rooting for a team that doesn't let money stand in the way of what they want. :D

patmoran2006
01-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Muuuuwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! It is so much fun rooting for a team that doesn't let money stand in the way of what they want. :D
Its the ultimate Irony of being a sports fan (being a Bills and Yankees fan)

Balances itself out. Yanks consider not winning the world series a failure.. Ralph Wilson considers not selling out every game a failure more than not making the playoffs.

X-Era
01-20-2009, 06:03 PM
CURRY!
CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CU RRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!CURRY!

:respect:

I love Indian food too...

Devin
01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Maybe we will trade up.......ahahahahahahaha just kidding.

*sigh*

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-21-2009, 11:07 PM
it really does not matter who in the top 50 players is available. The BIlls will select D3 standout Walter "Chunky" Poindexter. Hes a white high motor guy who really shows promise.

jamze132
01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't see Detroit taking a QB with the #1 overall which will affect the top 10. I think both top QBs will be gone by our pick which may allow Curry to be there.