PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunately, I'm still here...

Pride
01-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Normally it takes me a few weeks after our season ends for me to begin to believe that next year will be different.

But even now... I feel a sense of complete dismay that next year will likely be the same or even worse than this past year.

I sure hope Free Agency and the Draft change that...

tat2dmike77
01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
7-9 next year nothing will change

Forward_Lateral
01-20-2009, 09:29 AM

NO, if the Bills don't make the playoffs, you can rest assured Jauron will be canned, so at least that will change.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM
NO, if the Bills don't make the playoffs, you can rest assured Jauron will be canned, so at least that will change.

That was said going into this season as well.

Typ0
01-20-2009, 09:40 AM

not true.

HHURRICANE
01-20-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm not as pessimistic as years past. I am upset about watching Gandy, Ngata, and Bunkley playing well.

The Bills have made their share of mistakes. Hopefully Edwards, Evans, Lynch, Jackson, Stroud, Poz and a few others are enough to build around and get us over the hump.

FA is going to be huge for this team. Maybe the most important one ever.

Typ0
01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm confident they've actually been building and will continue to build. I hope they are close to putting the finishing touches on next year. I expect the team to be better. Still think it's largely dependent on QB play though. That and some playmakers on defense. I don't care what defense you are running you need playmakers.

ddaryl
01-20-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm usually the ultimate optomist in the offseason, but I too feel pessimistic about the Bills future even beyond 2009.

If cash to cap is not thrown out the window there is less then 0 hope IMO.

justasportsfan
01-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Look on the bright side Pride. The Jets just signed Rex Ryan. Turk offensive mind should easily dismantle Rex's D unit

don137
01-20-2009, 09:56 AM
I also am not optimistic about next year with RW as owner and country club Dick running the show. I see no reason why next year will be any better. They have a much harder schedule next year so 7-9 will be very difficult based on nothing really changing to make this team better.
In order to get better the first step is change in ownership and front office. That did not change so we will see a few different faces but in the end the Bills will be on the couch for the playoffs next year.

Typ0
01-20-2009, 10:07 AM
these responses made me think and I should change mine a little. I think there is a chance we might get some luck and have an exciting season and make the playoffs. I also think there is a zero chance we will truly become a franchise to be reckoned with while RW is alive. Since I don't expect that I'm not going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

bigbub2352
01-20-2009, 11:42 AM
This is the most unmotivated i have ever been as a Bills fan, Ever since the Toronto embarressment i listed to our owner say we just dont have the talent, and we were 20-25mil under the cap, i just couldnt even phathom how he could say that
I predict 5-11 DJ getting fired by the 4th game and April as the HC,
i also predict Malcom Jenkins at 11 CB at OSU
the only way we get any loaylity back is a huge splash in FA and that wont happen with the same regime, also media brainwash time, get ready for the sell of the 50th Anniversary crap
these are sad days to be a fan boys and girls
this team is a joke

Mudflap1
01-20-2009, 11:58 AM
I will always be a Bills fan...

That said, I'm really disenchanted with the team, and this really could be a backbreaker year for me. As it is, I'm pretty broken as a fan, and not optimistic at all about the coming season. But if the Bills stand pat (or make a few measily pickups), while the Jets go out and get Ryan, New England continues to retool and be aggressive with the likes of Belichick, Brady, and Moss, and the Dolphins continue to be aggressive, I may just tune out the Bills. How much can a fan take?

I mean, there are proven winners out there... Shanahan, Gruden, etc., and RW is content to sit back with Dick Jauron and guys like Russ Brandon (a bean counter) running the team, of which they gave Jauron an extension early in the season before the Bills completely collapsed, to NFL historic proportions.

Oh sure, the Bills will go out and overpay Melvin Fowler or Robert Royal type, but are they going to go after someone like Whoseyermama who would seriously upgrade the offense? We all know that answer.

It's pathetic, and as fans, I don't know how much more we can handle. I know I'm getting to the breaking point.

Note, this is not a "I'm threatening to not watch the Bills anymore, so everyone pay attention to me" post, it's merely the truth, as posted be fellow fans on this thread that I'm just getting sick of the same old crap from this broken organization.

Jon

justasportsfan
01-20-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm confident they've actually been building and will continue to build. I hope they are close to putting the finishing touches on next year. I expect the team to be better. .

typo talks as if the other teams in this division alone are not building to get better. All of which are already way ahead of us.

lukabrossi
01-20-2009, 12:09 PM
this team has been re-building for 10 years.......when does it end and when is enough, truly enough. The whole team makes me sick right now and next year is gonna be worse.

HHURRICANE
01-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm usually the ultimate optomist in the offseason, but I too feel pessimistic about the Bills future even beyond 2009.

If cash to cap is not thrown out the window there is less then 0 hope IMO.

When I'm optimistic and everyone else is pessimistic maybe this is a good sign.

Pinkerton Security
01-21-2009, 09:49 AM
this team has been re-building for 10 years.......when does it end and when is enough, truly enough. The whole team makes me sick right now and next year is gonna be worse.

ya but you can act like a man.

they are trying to do it right, they have a pretty good defense in place, albeit with some deficiencies. they have a QB who has the mental capacity AND the physical tools to get it done, and we have a solid running game. our OL was real solid before this year, idk what happened to that. If they can shore up our Lines on both sides of the ball, a big IF obviously, then we should improve.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
if we win 5 games next year I'll be shocked. Shocked.

bigbub2352
01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
this regime is a joke

Ingtar33
01-21-2009, 11:49 AM

unless we get a lot better in the offseason we won't be 7-9; at the moment it looks more like 4-12

PECKERWOOD
01-21-2009, 11:54 AM
If Ralph signed Houshmandzadeh and Karlos Dansby, he would easy have the fanbase back. Sadly, I think a capable veteran QB is more important though. We've all seen how Trent can't stay healthy. Get a clue people, he is a solid backup but Trent is not going to be the starter here after next year.

Mudflap1
01-21-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree. If T.J. and Dansby were signed, that would show the Bills are going after needed proven veterans that are towards the top of their positions. But it won't happen. The Bills would rather overpay substandard players in their mid 20s in the hopes they rise up and turn into superstars, ie Royal, Kelsay, Dockery, etc.

Jon