:eek:

Earthquake Enyart
05-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Liquid lunch today BillsNYC?

:drunks:

Spritzers for everyone!

HenryRules
05-09-2003, 11:21 AM
If you mean, Andre, I'd say Reed because Moulds has been too up-and-down in his career. Although Reed had the advantage of working with Kelly instead of the gimp, midget, or idiot throwing to him. Now that Moulds has Bledsoe, maybe he can put up consistent #'s and then I'll re-evaluate.

BillsNYC
05-09-2003, 11:22 AM
yes andre or moulds

i'm bored

JefftheBillsfan
05-09-2003, 03:13 PM
moulds, dude i thought you meant Josh, I was gonna say, that is the most incomprehensive post ever. But, you do raise an interesting question..

BillsNYC
05-09-2003, 03:54 PM
wow! gee...thanks!!!

shulafan
05-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Andre Reed was a BIG part of you guys best years; for sure Reed!

Dozerdog
05-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Reed is a HoF receiver (or should be soon)

Moulds- Jury is still out- needs 4-5 more 1,000 yard seasons

shulafan
05-09-2003, 08:00 PM
With Price gone, though Moulds will get his chance to prove if he really is big time or not. alot of balls are going to come his way this season

Ingtar33
05-10-2003, 12:43 AM
hmmm....

Interesting talk from a fin fan, considering Moulds has torched your D's for years now. He made the probowl without help, long before Price made any sort of impact, and you'd be hard pressed to name a single Bill on that offence outside of Flutie. I don't think Moulds has anything to prove to anyone.

shulafan
05-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Actually, I'm merely responding to the thread which was comparing Andre Reed to Eric Moulds-who's better. Being a Fin fan and having watched both of those guys; I still say Reed is (was) the better receiver-at this point. For what its worth, I've looked at Eric Moulds' stats against the Fins and it may surprise you to know that he's only had, if I recall correctly like 3 games of 100 yards or better (against the Fins) whereas Reed had quite a few more than that. And I'm not saying that Moulds is a poor WR, either. But certainly not the quality of Andre Reed
Hey I'm just here to help your offseason from becoming too boring, anyway..............

JefftheBillsfan
05-10-2003, 06:34 AM
i appologize bny if you took my post as offensive. My mistake, it was poorly worded on my part. This is a great thread!

colin
05-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Reed had a better career, but only because he has allready had his career, Moulds is still writing the history books.

In terms of who is a better player, a bigger difference maker, and a stronger talent, Moulds wins it hands down.

Pay attention to Ingtar's point, Moulds light up fools all by his lonesome, he is an aggressive nasty and physical reciever, those kinds of abilities will still be their after he has slowed down, and he does not look to slow down much because of his dedication and muscle mass.

I think Moulds is as good as any other receiver in the game.

Tatonka
05-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by shulafan
I recall correctly like 3 games of 100 yards or better (against the Fins)

anyone care to look that up?

lordofgun
05-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

anyone care to look that up?

Even if it's true, look who Moulds had throwing to him before last year. Not exactly Jim Kelly.

Tatonka
05-11-2003, 12:43 AM
i dont know where to find game by game stats past this year, but i would say 210 yard and 2 tds in 2 games agaist the fins is not bad. :snicker:

Kevikid
05-11-2003, 03:14 AM
It's very likely true. Last year, 211 yards against Miami in 2 games, 1 game over 100 yards. 2 years ago, 278 yards against miami, and he averaged well over 100 yards a game, so let's just assume he got over 100 in each. 3 years ago, 82 yards in two games, obviously not over 100 in either. So that's 2 or 3 games in the last three years. Before that, I doubt he got over 100 against Miami. Of course, this does not include playoffs. People can make statistics however they want them to look. Miami could point to his 65 yards per game career average he has against them. I'll point to the 95 yards a game over the last three years against them. He averages 75 against Cincy, and 56 against Houston (which has only existed 1 year) in that same three year span. Their corners must be a lot better than Miami's. Moulds also more touchdowns against Miami than any other team.

If I were a Dolphins fan, I'd say, heck, Jay Fielder averages more yards against the Bills than Moulds does against the Dolphins. And can you believe that that's actually true? Jay Fielder has my beloved Moulds beat, 148.2 yards per game against Moulds' 95 yards a game against each other. I guess we lose in the battle of superstars.

:gnight:

ublinkwescore
05-11-2003, 06:44 AM
my how quick you seem to forget the playoff game in Miami where he torched your @$$es for 240 yards on 9 catches.

A playoff record now that has yet to be broken - a record not held by Jerry Rice, Andre Reed, Art Monk, Randy Moss, no one but MOULDS!!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

JefftheBillsfan
05-11-2003, 10:23 AM
how do you compare QB's stats to a WR's stats? I hope you were just trying to make a point.

Kevikid
05-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
how do you compare QB's stats to a WR's stats? I hope you were just trying to make a point.

You have to normalize the statistics with sarcasm >=)

BillsOwnAll
05-11-2003, 11:27 AM
reed but well see how moulds finishes hes career

The Natrix
05-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Right now, Reed. When Moulds is still playing at a high level at age 38, Moulds.

justasportsfan
05-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Moulds had a great year with Flutie throwing to him. If anything, Moulds made Flutie look good. DF would throw it up in the air a hope that Moulds would come down with it. That's how Flutie made his living.

At this point in Moulds career, I'd say Reed. Moulds could potentially be the best though.

casdhf
05-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Who was better: Billy Brooks or Quinn Early?

The Natrix
05-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Johnson or Flutie? :calm:

WG
05-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Even if it's true, look who Moulds had throwing to him before last year. Not exactly Jim Kelly.

I couldn't agree more. I'll even expound on this in typical Wys Guy fashion. :D

Quite frankly, I think Andre is one of the most overrated WRs who has played the game. He had some huge games and a couple of big seasons. Longetivity was key to his career status.

He averaged just over 800 yards/season.

He averaged only 5.5 TDs/season.

He only had 4 seasons over 1,000.

7 of 18 seasons were under 800.

9 of 16 seasons were under 900.

He had double digit TDs only once, that that was 10 in '91.

He whined and cried when things didn't go his way, especially towards the end of his career.

He was good, not great. If I had to choose between Moulds and Reed in his prime, the choice would be a very, very easy one for me. I'd take Moulds who is by far a better receiver than Reed ever was. The only thing that will hinder Moulds from bearing that out will be injury unless he is traded or goes to a team like Cincy or Detroit.

Reed had 3 seasons in 16 worth crowing about, and a healthy Jim Kelly was throwing to him then. Meanwhile, in only half those seasons, actually, 7 seasons, less than half, Moulds has matched
Reed's 3 best seasons w/ crap at QB other than this past season. His per-season average in spite of all that is 100 yards greater.

His average over the last 5 seasons is 1,166 yards and 7.2 TDs. Unlike Reed, Moulds did not get a chance to start in his first two seasons.

Moulds has made more big plays in 3 seasons than Reed did in his entire career. I think Moulds has probably made more one-handed catches in one season than Reed did throughout his entire career.

There should be absolutely no question that Reed isn't anywhere near the caliber of Moulds!