PDA

View Full Version : WGR55 said the Bills and the Lions are laughingstock franchises!

blackonyx89
01-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I heard this a day or two ago as were saying that Arizona was a laughingstock franchise and now their in the Super Bowl. The only two franchises left for the NFL to mock are the Bills and Lions. I was right all along about how sad the Bills are and I know some of you guys heard this on the radio. I just wanted to say that and I'll probably get trashed for bringing it up, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Dr. Lecter
01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Go Lions!!!!!

blackonyx89
01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Go Lions!!!!!

:D: I guess the guys at WGR55 are catching on and that makes us smart and calling it what it is. LOL!

Pinkerton Security
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
i dont care. i have been made fun of for being a bills fan since my friends even knew how to make fun of someone, so im fine with it. i still enjoy rooting them on.

Joe Fo Sho
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
AHHH, Thank Christ you posted this!!! **** I don't know what I would've done had I not heard what WGR55 said about the Bills. Now hopefully every buddy knows just how depressing it is being a Bills fan.

I'm going to sleep so well tonight!

billogic99
01-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I heard this a day or two ago as were saying that Arizona was a laughingstock franchise and now their in the Super Bowl. The only two franchises left for the NFL to mock are the Bills and Lions. I was right all along about how sad the Bills are and I know some of you guys heard this on the radio. I just wanted to say that and I'll probably get trashed for bringing it up, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

I think the Bills are pretty amazing given the Ownership and Coaching they have. It's amazing the Bills can win 7 games as poorly managed and coached as they are, so the Bills shouldn't be lumped in with the Lions who finish in the bottom three of the league regularly.

eyedog
01-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah yeah. WGR is just pissed off that the Sabres suck too.

Jeff1220
01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
It sucks right now, but I started liking the Bills when I was 4 years old. I started really following the games and suck around 6 years old in 1980. Other than the playoff year under Knox when they won the division and lost to the Bengals, my whole childhood was filled with loving and following a major loser in the NFL. Back to back 2-14, etc. I remember the win vs. the Cowboys one of those 2-14 years, where Greg Bell had a huge TD to seal the W - it was one win, but like winning the Super Bowl.
As bad as this is, it doesn't compare, for me, to the yearly heartbreak of following this team as a kid. Hopefully relief will be coming soon. We're due to have some things go our way.

Nighthawk
01-20-2009, 07:07 PM
It sucks right now, but I started liking the Bills when I was 4 years old. I started really following the games and suck around 6 years old in 1980. Other than the playoff year under Knox when they won the division and lost to the Bengals, my whole childhood was filled with loving and following a major loser in the NFL. Back to back 2-14, etc. I remember the win vs. the Cowboys one of those 2-14 years, where Greg Bell had a huge TD to seal the W - it was one win, but like winning the Super Bowl.
As bad as this is, it doesn't compare, for me, to the yearly heartbreak of following this team as a kid. Hopefully relief will be coming soon. We're due to have some things go our way.

Man, I remember that Bell run...it was a long one...those years were brutal! However, these years are brutal in their own way. At least back then I was too young to truly understand what a joke they were. However, now...I can totally grasp the reality of how bad this organization is.

Oaf
01-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm just glad we didn't play the Lions this season.

BillsWin
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm sick and tired of sticking up for the Bills. It's time they return the love.

tat2dmike77
01-20-2009, 10:13 PM
The Bills are nowhere near the sorryness of the Lions at this point. Yes these past few years have been brutal to say the least. But come on the Lions are flat out horrible and possiblly the reason why Bradford decided to stay at Oklahoma.

Franchises go through ups and downs and i remember the Bills being a laughing stock and then dominating the AFC. Anyone remember when you could chalk up a win against the Pats? Yeah me too. Poor choices in staff have killed this franchise. But this franchise is not a laughing stock. A ulcer producer yes. If anyone is a laughing stock it is the Bengals and Lions between the two of them they have had about 100 top ten picks and still continue to suck.

lukabrossi
01-21-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm just glad we didn't play the Lions this season.

....nice, very nice. I was thinking the same thing. They should put the cellar-dwellers in their own league and let them battle it out. I mean, who are those ****ing lions to think that they've got a worse franchise than us? There record says their worse, but i'm sure Jauron could produce an "epic fail", yet again and give those lions a nasty run for the worst team in the league.
I have spoken.

Night Train
01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
WGR is an authority when it comes to being a laughingstock.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Coming from GR means very little to me. Either way, I am still a fan of the Bills.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-21-2009, 10:10 AM
I dont know if anyone already said this... I refuse to read an entire thread about stinky WGR, but here is MY comment:

WGR550 is a Laughingstock franchise.

billsburgh
01-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Aren't the Lions and the Bills the last 2 teams to hire Jauron? That's what really makes them laughing stocks of the league.

blackonyx89
01-21-2009, 11:31 AM
I dont know if anyone already said this... I refuse to read an entire thread about stinky WGR, but here is MY comment:

WGR550 is a Laughingstock franchise.

It's the only game in town for your daily Bills/Sabres sports news fix, love 'em or hate 'em!

:dolfan:

topher180
01-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Call me crazy, but I didn't know there was so much hate for GR. I think the radio universe could benefit from never hearing Mike Schoop's voice ever again. And Jeremy White is smarmy. Ew, anyone remember "The Coach" call in show from Florida?

Actually, it does suck doesn't it.

Thanks guys!!!

Static
01-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I disagree with the comparison.....

psubills62
01-23-2009, 02:26 PM
First of all, two completely different franchises. Buffalo has simply been mediocre for so long. The Lions have just plain sucked. No way Buffalo is that bad.

Secondly, no one mocks the Raiders? I don't care if they made the playoffs more recently, you can't tell me that people weren't laughing at the contracts being handed out by Al Davis in FA last year. What was it, 55 million to Javon Walker, who barely played at all?

They can't compare the Bills to the Lions at this point.

justasportsfan
01-23-2009, 02:59 PM
are we comparing who's crap stinks more?

lukabrossi
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
My old man always told me,".....a piece of **** with a pretty pink bow on it, is still a piece of ****".
So...how can a person possibly compare one **** franchise to another.

HughC
01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
As mediocre as the Bills have been, there are other franchises that have been far worse short term (1-3 years), over the last decade, for the past geneartion, and for the history of the franchise. Nobody (except for WGR55) compares the Bills to the Lions around the rest of the country.

PECKERWOOD
01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't see how anybody could argue with this. I'm glad that other franchises can laugh at us because I'm infuriated with this franchise as of late. Ralph Wilson is a stupid ******. He isn't greedy but he is a dumbass when it comes to spending money.

blackonyx89
01-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't see how anybody could argue with this. I'm glad that other franchises can laugh at us because I'm infuriated with this franchise as of late. Ralph Wilson is a stupid ******. He isn't greedy but he is a dumbass when it comes to spending money.

Exactamundo!!!!

EricStratton
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
If you listen to a NY radio station the Jets are the worst run team in the league, in Tampa it's the Bucs, in KC it's the Chiefs and so on.

That's how local radio works, you are either great or you stink and there is nothing in the middle.

lukabrossi
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
If you listen to a NY radio station the Jets are the worst run team in the league, in Tampa it's the Bucs, in KC it's the Chiefs and so on.

That's how local radio works, you are either great or you stink and there is nothing in the middle.

What's left in the middle of ****-sandwichs, is ****.....and that's exactly the way this club runs their franchise.