PDA

View Full Version : Bills and Fred Jackson Talking Multi Year Deal?

Romes
01-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Sounds like thats what Jackson is alluding to...

Jackson accounted for three touchdowns and a little over 900 yards combined rushing and receiving in his second year with the Bills this season, forming a perfect complement to top back Marshawn Lynch. As a reward, he's in the process of trying to land a multiyear deal to stay in upstate New York.

"It's just the business of the game," Jackson said. "I've got to negotiate a contract coming up, so we'll see what happens with that. I'm pretty sure I'll be back in Buffalo. We've talked to them already. They want to do some things to kind of keep me there, and I want to be there."

Link (http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090120/SPORTS/701209862/tbd)

bigbub2352
01-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Good News we need him locked up with Lynch and build around them

Pinkerton Security
01-21-2009, 10:26 AM

Link (http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090120/SPORTS/701209862/tbd)

how is this possible? we cant do anything right. why isnt he fleeing the area?

THATHURMANATOR
01-21-2009, 10:27 AM
agreed.

Jeff1220
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM

I'm sure like all the other players, that he just loves Dick.

Dujek
01-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Good news, get the deal done and move onto the next one.

DraftBoy
01-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Great to hear some bright news this offseason!

yordad
01-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Good, we should get an update sometime in November.

JJamezz
01-21-2009, 11:30 AM
WTF is he talking about he's pretty sure he'll be back.. Sounds like even Freddy doesn't know what an ERFA is.

jimbohastle51
01-21-2009, 11:39 AM

very good point. the optimal way to keep our best offensive threat is by keeping both. what makes our offense unique (like the giants and the panthers) is that we have 2 solid starting running backs (if jackson would have gotten the carries lynch got he would have topped 1000 yards as well). no way can we loose jackson because he makes lynch better. people have to gameplan for jackson which takes time away from practicing for lynch during a game week. give us a starting tight end that teams have to respect and it will pull a linebacker into coverage and leave the outside open more for those 2 and he our going to be a top offense. we ARE a starting vetran center and a tight end away from averaging 24-28 points a game. it would be so hard to only rush 3 against us when you will have to not only worry about lynch and or jackson catching out of the backfield but also a great tight end going over the middle and getting separation on those 5-8 yard routes.

Crazygoo
01-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Sweet!! i hope freddy stays for a while

PECKERWOOD
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
He is certainly one of our best weapons on offense.

Romes
01-21-2009, 12:06 PM
WTF is he talking about he's pretty sure he'll be back.. Sounds like even Freddy doesn't know what an ERFA is.

i took it to mean that he's pretty sure a longer deal will get done. who knows what he meant though... :idunno:

DraftBoy
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM

There is no guarantee the Bills will tender him though, so why should he be 100% confident. As of this moment he is not under contract so how can be sure?

TacklingDummy
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM

Link (http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090120/SPORTS/701209862/tbd) Great news. Jackson is the best overall back on the roster and should see a lot more action with Lynch being injury prone.

Maybe the FO will be smart and trade Lynch so we can upgrade another position.

mysticsoto
01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Excellent news. Now get a good run blocking Center (Mack ?), work hard on the offseason minicamps and TC to improve the Oline's run blocking, grab a run blocking guard in the draft (in case Butler doesn't pan out) and let's build around the run game where we definitely have superstar talent instead of building around Trent - who has been inconsistent up to now.

Then work on improving the Dline on defense and by default, we'll be a better team next year.

justasportsfan
01-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Great news. Jackson is the best overall back on the roster and should see a lot more action with Lynch being injury prone.

LOl. If it's not a qb controversy you're trying to create , it's a rb or some other position. Go Chambers!!!

topher180
01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Great news.

And btw, have I mentioned how great and creative some of your avatars are? Sorry to get off topic, but that one with Jauron as the tin man is effing priceless.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2009, 04:05 PM
LOl. If it's not a qb controversy you're trying to create , it's a rb or some other position. Go Chambers!!!

I didn't start the controversy. Lynch the first round pick being out played by someone who was not drafted did.

X-Era
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM

Say what you like, but this is exactly the kind of thing we DO do. Kelsay, McGee, Parrish, Williams... all extended to second tier FA money.

Thats our deal.

Its a good extension and resigning, but if he becomes the next Michael Turner and demands to be paid like it ... cough... Peters... cough... we will stick it to him.

Its a good way to half ass a team... you keep decent players for cheap and get rid of everything fantastic but then argue you can simply re-add it through the draft... and then it takes years to get the return on your draft pick, and then when they become something good which could be great, we dont pay them and they sign elsewhere.

Nighthawk
01-21-2009, 06:00 PM
The odds were already very high that Jackson was coming back because of his status, but this is good to hear.

billogic99
01-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Bills arguably have the best backfiled in the division, lets hope it satys that way.

lmcshadow
01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
You never know what Willis and the boys got planned for us...stayed turned to watch the season :blowup: finally.........

clumping platelets
01-21-2009, 10:36 PM
:clap:

justasportsfan
01-22-2009, 10:39 AM
I didn't start the controversy. Lynch the first round pick being out played by someone who was not drafted did.

LOl. Lynch is being outplayed by our own coaching staff. Teams know when we're running and yet Lynch is able to run for positive yards with 3-5 people on his back.

YOu obviously haven't noticed that this team has been injury prone under CLUB Dick. I'm not blaming Dick for that but you have to know that it's something that could happen again in the future.

I'm not taking anything away from Fred but only someone who hasn't learned anything would be willing to trade Lynch away and keep Fred as the only capable back and live with OMan as the back up. Should anything happen to Fred we know how you'll be crying that we have no talent.

Should anything happen to Chambers (who's not even proven) because we traded Peters away (your move) you'd be crying we have no talent.

When the passing game fails because the qb is getting sacked, you and Chad will be crying at the same time.