PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mularkey,

billogic99
01-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Goes to the Falcons and leads them to the playoffs. I know he got a lot of crap from us, but the guy did well in Atlanta. Maybe he just needs talent around him to coach well. He lead us to our last winning season and now he's doing that in Atlanta. Can't knock the guy after the season they just had with a rookie QB and HC.

Forward_Lateral
01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Big difference between being a good OC and a good head coach. There are a TON of guys who are great co-ordinators, but lousy head coaches.

Mularkey is one of them.

PECKERWOOD
01-21-2009, 11:58 AM
He just didn't choose all his people right, he will probably be a better headcoach on his 2nd try, he still is a helluva OC though.

evol4276
01-21-2009, 12:01 PM
offensive coordinators and HC's are a bit different tho.

DraftBoy
01-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Mularkey always was a great OC, when people laughed at him going to Atlanta, they were fooling themselves. He has done an absolute ton for Matt Ryan down here.

Jeff1220
01-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Lets also not forget that he was even worse in Miami than he was in Buffalo. I honestly believe that a lot of coaching is being the right person at the right time for the right situation. One size does not fit all - for coach or team. Sure some guys are truly bad and others are truly great, but most just end up in either the right or wrong situations for success.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Goes to the Falcons and leads them to the playoffs. I know he got a lot of crap from us, but the guy did well in Atlanta. Maybe he just needs talent around him to coach well.

Mularkey, Gilbride, Williams, Wyche, Clements, McNally, Phillips, etc... were all successful coaches before and after Buffalo. More proof that the talent on the field is the main reason the Bills have sucked.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Big difference between being a good OC and a good head coach. There are a TON of guys who are great co-ordinators, but lousy head coaches.

Mularkey is one of them.

Most great coordinators usually go on to be head coaches with teams who have been struggling. It's no surprise those teams continue to struggle.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Mularkey always was a great OC, when people laughed at him going to Atlanta, they were fooling themselves. He has done an absolute ton for Matt Ryan down here.

Or you could say Matt Ryan and Michael Turner have done a ton for Mularkey.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Lets also not forget that he was even worse in Miami than he was in Buffalo. I honestly believe that a lot of coaching is being the right person at the right time for the right situation. Miami was like Buffalo, no QB.

justasportsfan
01-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Mularkey, Gilbride, Williams, Wyche, Clements, McNally, Phillips, etc... were all successful coaches before and after Buffalo. .Learn to read. The coaches you pointed out were good OC's except for Wyche. No ones denied that.

Clements was a good OC before he came here?

More proof that the talent on the field is the main reason the Bills have sucked.

:rofl: Bledsoe , Milloy, Willis ,Clements , Leonard , Bannan played better when they left. We had the talent but the coaches didn't know what to do with them.

As to MUlarkey he seems to be the opposite of Jauron. Jauron gets his players to rally for him even though his philosophy sucks but Mularkey may have better X's and O's but isn't much of a players coach which is why he lost his players.

Thurmal
01-21-2009, 01:01 PM

Mularkey is one of them.
Jauron is another.

billogic99
01-21-2009, 01:06 PM

Mularkey is one of them.

I don't know, we had a winning season with him as HC, it's better than anything we've seen since he left.

billsburgh
01-21-2009, 01:23 PM
If I remember correctly Mularkey wanted to bring Ken Whisenhunt with him as the offensive coordinator when he tookt he Bills' head coaching job, but the steelers wouldnt let Whis go. Imagine how different things might have been if Whis was the offensive coordinator here.

Typ0
01-21-2009, 01:26 PM
If I remember correctly Mularkey wanted to bring Ken Whisenhunt with him as the offensive coordinator when he tookt he Bills' head coaching job, but the steelers wouldnt let Whis go. Imagine how different things might have been if Whis was the offensive coordinator here.

the would have still been working with Lossman.

TacklingDummy
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Learn to read. The coaches you pointed out were good OC's except for Wyche. No ones denied that.

And then they came here and struggled. Why? Because the Bills have lacked player talent for a long time. DOH.

Or did they come to Buffalo and forget how to coach?

DraftBoy
01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Or you could say Matt Ryan and Michael Turner have done a ton for Mularkey.

Not really considering both players openly praise MM for his play calling ability and schemes on game day. They both say he was one of the biggest reasons for the teams success.

Nighthawk
01-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Jauron is another.

Not trying to be funny, but Jauron wasn't even a good coordinator. Look it up...he's just not that good of a coach...HC or not.

Nighthawk
01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Not really considering both players openly praise MM for his play calling ability and schemes on game day. They both say he was one of the biggest reasons for the teams success.

And the Bills players all love Jauron and heap praise on him...what's your point?

That being said, I don't think Mularkey is a bad coach, he just made some rookie HC mistakes when he was here.

DraftBoy
01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
And the Bills players all love Jauron and heap praise on him...what's your point?

That being said, I don't think Mularkey is a bad coach, he just made some rookie HC mistakes when he was here.

Point is that Mularkey was a successful OC before coming to Buffalo, because he sucked here doesnt mean he was bound to suck back as an OC. Jauron has never been successful really anywhere.

Typ0
01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
when DJ leads this team on to win the next five superbowls consecutively you folks are all going to be here proclaiming it's a fluke.

tat2dmike77
01-21-2009, 06:53 PM
when DJ leads this team on to win the next five superbowls consecutively you folks are all going to be here proclaiming it's a fluke.

:lmao: please tell me you're joking

Nighthawk
01-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Point is that Mularkey was a successful OC before coming to Buffalo, because he sucked here doesnt mean he was bound to suck back as an OC. Jauron has never been successful really anywhere.

I agree, I don't even think he sucked here. He just wasn't great. Jauron, on the otherhand, has sucked everywhere he's gone.

justasportsfan
01-22-2009, 10:28 AM
:lmao: please tell me you're joking
sad part is that he's not joking. Typo is a Jauron licker.

justasportsfan
01-22-2009, 10:32 AM
And then they came here and struggled. Why? Because the Bills have lacked player talent for a long time. DOH.

Or did they come to Buffalo and forget how to coach?

Nope, because they weren't HC material to begin with.