SeatownBillsFan21
01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Birk cause we need a vet center if not him then TJ

Oaf
01-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Suggs. Easily.

Luisito23
01-22-2009, 02:10 AM
I want all of them, but reality, and repution we'll end up getting none...Either way we need to get someone who'll help us score...I voted other.

clumping platelets
01-22-2009, 02:43 AM
"Championship"

Romes
01-22-2009, 03:17 AM
I voted for Birk but it would be fun to hear Lynch talk about Houshmazoo

OpIv37
01-22-2009, 04:37 AM
Realistically, the only player on that list that has any shot whatsoever of coming to Buffalo is Birk, but even that's a long shot.

Scumbag College
01-22-2009, 06:16 AM
What are the Vegas odds that TO plays for the Bills next year? 10,000 to 1?

patmoran2006
01-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Jason Brown, with his position (center), ability and age is the most realistic "key FA pickup" this team could get this offseason, IMO.

He would really solidify the OL.

If we signed a top center like him and a good DE and maybe brought back Crowell since there aint no way we're going to get Dansby or Suggs, I'd be very happy. 3 guys, with over $29 mill in cap room AND our owner admitting talent was the problem isn't too much to ask for.

TacklingDummy
01-22-2009, 06:39 AM
3 guys, with over $29 mill in cap room AND our owner admitting talent was the problem isn't too much to ask for.

With cash to cap, Jason Peters will want all of that $29 million.

DraftBoy
01-22-2009, 07:18 AM
I choose other because I want...

Karlos Dansby

Romes
01-22-2009, 08:59 AM
I choose other because I want...

Karlos Dansby

Was there really the need to build the suspense with the "... {enter}"?

:D

Pinkerton Security
01-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Birk cause we need a vet center if not him then TJ

why not brown or saturday then?

yordad
01-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Weighting in the likely price, I want Crowell. If the $$ don't count, I want Peppers or Suggs (if they aren't franchised). I would also be very happy with Dansby.

mysticsoto
01-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Peppers! (although Suggs would be great also).

jimbohastle51
01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
birk, because of need, most the others are luxuries for us, we could use housh but no way we can pay 2 players lee evans money, and he will probably get more than lee on the open market.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Terrell Owens is not a free agent.

madness
01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
T.Jason HoushBrownzadeh

DraftBoy
01-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Was there really the need to build the suspense with the "... {enter}"?

:D

Whenever I post it deserves to have building suspense!

bigbub2352
01-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Josh brown would be huge he is young and can gel with our pretty young oline, he has paved the way for a good runnning game in Balt
no brainer

Bert102176
01-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Birk or Brown are my top, resign crowell, try to get Peppers or mike montgomery DE from the packers, or Bertrand Berry, even Kevin Carter, paul spicer Jaguars DE,

psubills62
01-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Josh brown would be huge he is young and can gel with our pretty young oline, he has paved the way for a good runnning game in Balt
no brainer

You mean Jason Brown?

I picked him too, because all he faces all year is the 3-4. He's obviously handled the NT's pretty well, and centers don't cost that much per year compared to most positions. I'd love to get Brown, although Dansby is intriguing and would certainly upgrade our LB corps.

EDS
01-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Ray Lewis is the best player on that list. That said, the chances of him actually playing for B-lo are nil - but that wasn't the question.

patmoran2006
01-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Ray Lewis is the best player on that list. That said, the chances of him actually playing for B-lo are nil - but that wasn't the question.
exactly.

I took Jason Brown, not because he's the best FA on teh list, but because I think he's the most realistic option at a postion we need far worse than people think (center).

We play a lot of 3-4 teams and they ALL punk Duke Preston off, how could that NOT be a huge priority??

BTW< we will have to overpay Brown, Dockery-style to come to Buffalo.. Im not saying he's getting 49 million, I"m saying he will be SEVERELY overpaid for a center.. Its the only way guys will come to Buffalo.. Would YOU for regular market value???

McBFLO
01-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Bart Scott

Buffalogic
01-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I played in an Arizona men's basketball league against Suggs lol so that would be really fun to have him on the bills. If you guys can even believe it I took him to the hole and laid it up on him and said 'kobe' while I did it haha...He just laughed and his boys were giving him **** for it. They killed us by like 50 points, but I can always say i crossed up t.suggs and beat him in our one on one battle lol. And I'm just a 5'11'' 210 pound white boy haha.

We played him twice (once in the playoffs) and since I was the captain of my team he always came and talked with me before the game and shook my hand and wished us luck (not enough luck in the world for us to beat them though). Cool guy and the dude is a monster. A huge, huge monster man. He screened me once and almost knocked me down. He can't jump that high though, too bulky.

The bills defense desperately needs a playmaker like Suggs. Someone who makes plays whether the ball is in the air or not.

Mike
01-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Who do I want -even thought it is not realistic- so to address the question:
1st Peppers
2nd Suggs
3rd Birk

Defensively this would allow us to change to a 3-4 having Peppers, Stroud, and Denny/Rookie for DLine ( I would releaser/trade Shobel & Kelsay) then for LB: Suggs, Crowel, Pos, Rookie = Very Good Defense. This would help our secondary enourmasly. For the following drafts (2010 etc..) I would draft LB, SS, FS, DL.
Offensively, Birk will allow us to do enough to win Ballgames, and run the ball effectively. Get OLine help via draft/FA and we will be playoff team!
Of course, this is a pipe dream, but I think these three aquisitions and a good draft/decent coaching and we have locked up a playoff spot!

PECKERWOOD
01-23-2009, 07:14 AM
I played in an Arizona men's basketball league against Suggs lol so that would be really fun to have him on the bills. If you guys can even believe it I took him to the hole and laid it up on him and said 'kobe' while I did it haha...He just laughed and his boys were giving him **** for it. They killed us by like 50 points, but I can always say i crossed up t.suggs and beat him in our one on one battle lol. And I'm just a 5'11'' 210 pound white boy haha.

We played him twice (once in the playoffs) and since I was the captain of my team he always came and talked with me before the game and shook my hand and wished us luck (not enough luck in the world for us to beat them though). Cool guy and the dude is a monster. A huge, huge monster man. He screened me once and almost knocked me down. He can't jump that high though, too bulky.

The bills defense desperately needs a playmaker like Suggs. Someone who makes plays whether the ball is in the air or not.

I thought that getting Suggs would be too good to be true so I didn't list that option, I would love to see it happen though.

madness
01-23-2009, 09:11 AM

What??? I don't agree with that at all.

Notes from the Senior Bowl...

From the “Overheard” file

The Ray Lewis-to-Dallas talk is drawing more snickers than affirmation. As one rival GM opined, “They can have my oldest, most expensive player too.”

EDS
01-23-2009, 09:51 AM
What??? I don't agree with that at all.

Notes from the Senior Bowl...

Ray Lewis is still the heart and sole of that defense - which remains one of the top units in the league. You also have to factor in the leadership and energy he brings to that unit. He gives the Baltimore defense its identity. The Bills don't have anyone who by sheer force of will can up their teammates level of play.

There is no question he is old and nearing the end but there is also no question that if he played for the Bills this past season he would have far and away been the best player on the entire roster. Can you say that about any of the other guys? Peppers is the only other guy who would fit that description.

And again, there is no way he would end up in Buffalo. If I am the B-lo GM I wouldn't even waste my time. I would go after a center and linebacker in free agency and then upgrade the d-line through the draft as Peppers and Suggs are unlikely options due to cost and demand.

The Jokeman
01-24-2009, 04:21 PM
I voted other, as if going to sign one FA the guy at the top of my list would be RFA TE Owen Daniels. As like Brown he's just hitting his prime and be worth spending the money but to me a secondary threat in the passing game that can open up the middle of the field is worth more then a Center as rather draft a player there. Yet doubt we'd give up the draft picks that will take to get him. As while I like Robert Royal more then most here think he's better suited as a blocking TE and have no faith in Derek Schouman or Derek Fine being anything more then career backups.

Devin
01-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Defense no question. Since we wont get any of the above ill play along for fun.

Id take Dansby (he is a FA I think) or Ray lewis. For voting purposes I put Lewis.

sting32
01-24-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm a big Ray Lewis fan. I like the heart he puts in the game. Although he is starting to wind down he has at least 3 years left. He's the fire we need right about now. But 9 mil a year is too much for Ralph and the Bills.