• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

BJ Raji

Im starting to read and hear a lot of good things about him.. He's a 334-pound DT from Boston College and now projected to be a Top 12 draft pick.

Heard he's been dominating practice at the Senior Bowl.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: BJ Raji

Top 10 pick actually, and this is nothing new, he's been dominant all year long at BC.

This is what Bruce Feldman had to say about him;
    Follow your favorite college teams and pro prospects. Join our crew of draft gurus and follow the NFL Draft here!

44 Tackles, 14 TFL, 7.5 Sacks, 5 PD, 3 QBH were his stats this past year which were good enough to lead BC in both sacks and TFL's. And they don't begin to show his ability to change a play's direction or to force the QB to either throw early and move out of the pocket. He was a force all year long.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

He's a menace. And what DB said about him is so true, he changes the plays direction on almost every down, he looked like a man amongst boys in the ACC.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Well, I would think then the Bills should definitely consider drafting him if the DE they want at 11 isn't there.

Kyle Williams is a hard worker, but he's not dominant. This guy sounds he could be DOMINANT.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

we need disruptors !!!

Comment

• dasaybz
            • Apr 2005

Draft this guy and sign Peppers. Our DLine would be one of the best in the NFL.

Peppers Raji Stroud Schobel

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

The Bills would have to trade up to get Raji, I dont think there is anyway, he'll be there. I could see Singletary pulling the trigger on him, as could Jax or Cincy.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dasaybz
                Draft this guy and sign Peppers. Our DLine would be one of the best in the NFL.

Peppers Raji Stroud Schobel
                That's what I've been saying.

Sign Peppers. If you can get a vet Center also, great.

Then draft Raji, best OLB (or better yet, keep Crowell), then TE and BPA afterward...including a good run blocking OG and maybe a faster, if a bit raw, Safety.

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

Doesn't matter because the Bills won't draft him. Didn't they already pass on a similar d-tackle a couple of years ago ? For a safety for crissakes. Remember the bs, he doesn't fit the system.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Well, I would think then the Bills should definitely consider drafting him if the DE they want at 11 isn't there.

Kyle Williams is a hard worker, but he's not dominant. This guy sounds he could be DOMINANT.

That makes too much sense for the Bills front office.

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                      • May 2007

First of all, he hasn't been dominating the practices... actually it was until yesterday he had a good day. He didn't impress anyone the firts two days.

Second, with the 11th pick I think we are going to have a shot at Brain Orakpo or Michael Johnson.

Finally, I wouldn't be that sure of drafting a DT considering how much this position has disappointed in the last seasons: Jarvin Moss, Justin Harrell, Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Kentwaan Balmer. The scouts might be doing something wrong.

That being said, I wouldn't mind the Bills drafting Raji if Johnson and Orakpo are gone.
                      I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• dasaybz
                        • Apr 2005

Orapko got dominated against Oklahoma. He might be pretty similar to Gholston.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                          Doesn't matter because the Bills won't draft him. Didn't they already pass on a similar d-tackle a couple of years ago ? For a safety for crissakes. Remember the bs, he doesn't fit the system.
                          You are missing some big things here.

1. Ngata was a 3-4 Technique DT, thats not the case with Raji who ran a 4-3 system at BC next to Brace.

2. Ngata was a space eater, Raji can penetrate or collapse the pocket. He's not the best space eater in the world even at his large size.

3. Raji is a hell of an athlete for his size and is more so than Ngata was coming out

Those three things allow me to say that Raji does fit into our 4-3 C2 system. Just because he is bigger does not mean he doesnt fit. And that was not the only reason people said Ngata fit with us. If Raji comes to us, Id imagine he would shed some weight 10-15 pounds likely just for conditioning/athletic purposes. It will be interesting to see his weight at the combine to see if he is slimming, staying put or gaining weight.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

There's no way he's getting past SF.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dasaybz
                              Orapko got dominated against Oklahoma. He might be pretty similar to Gholston.

Huh??

Orakpo against Oklahoma had;
                              6 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 Sacks, and a FF

If that's him getting dominated, Ill take him on my team every day.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X