X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Jeanneret taking a vacation

TAMPA, Fla. — There's some big changes in store on both TV and radio for the Sabres' four-game Western road trip that begins Tuesday in Edmonton.

The team announced prior to Wednesday's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning that longtime play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret will not be on the trip and will be replaced by a trio of voices for the radio-only broadcasts. (None of the games will be shown on MSG Network.) Jeanneret's contract includes some vacation time during the season and he opted to take this trip off on the heels of the NHL All-Star break.

Analyst Harry Neale will be on the trip in his regular role. WGR radio's Paul Hamilton, who calls Niagara University games, will do the play-by-play for the Jan. 31 game at Phoenix and MSG studio-intermission host Kevin Sylvester gets the call for the Feb. 2 game at Anaheim.

The game Tuesday in Edmonton and the contest the following night in Calgary will be called by Curt Keilback, who spent 27 years as the announcer of the Winnipeg Jets and Phoenix Coyotes and called more than 2,300 games.

The Sabres' contract with MSG calls for 70 games and eight more are committed to the NHL's national deal with Versus, leaving the team to choose four for radio-only status. The West Coast games were chosen because of their later start times. The Calgary game will be carried in Canada by TSN and that broadcast will be picked up locally by NHL Network.

The other three games will be available in Western New York with home-market announcers on the NHL's Center Ice package or NHL.com's GameCenter package.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Jeanneret taking a vacation

looks like the rest of you will be joining me in watching bootleg video feeds online for a few games.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Eh, during this road trip I haven't hardly watched the MSG feed anyways because they aren't in HD for road games. Not to mention I'll never stay awake for half of these games anyways.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I can watch the Calgary game on NHL network.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Question

Is the NHL network offered on Time warner?

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Question

Is the NHL network offered on Time warner?
            yes it is in Buffalo, but you have to get the "digital sports tier" which you would have to pay extra for.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jan 2004

Kevin Sylvester gets the call for the Feb. 2 game at Anaheim, he did the Phoenix game last year. I can't stand him on Sabres Gamenight and the Shootout Post Game show on MSG. I have a feeling that the Sabres are grooming him to be the replacement for Rick once he does decide to hang up the mic for good. God that will be a day in Sabres history.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Kevin Sylvester gets the call for the Feb. 2 game at Anaheim, he did the Phoenix game last year. I can't stand him on Sabres Gamenight and the Shootout Post Game show on MSG. I have a feeling that the Sabres are grooming him to be the replacement for Rick once he does decide to hang up the mic for good. God that will be a day in Sabres history.
                Yeah, but it's cold outside.

[I just wanted to add a true LW post to this thread]

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

But if this keeps Jeanneret around the 3 more years it takes the Sabres to mature and take another run at the Cup, I'll suffer with Sylvester as Play-by-Play.

Comment

Working...
                  X