PDA

View Full Version : Don Banks Mock Draft

bigbub2352
01-22-2009, 12:45 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/22/mock2/index.html
has us taking Brandon Pettigrew TE oklahoma st
i dont like this pick, if it was Greisham yes, but a guy with no tds last year?
i would rather us go with Chase Coffman in the 2nd round and get a pass rusher here

BillsWin
01-22-2009, 12:52 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/22/mock2/index.html
has us taking Brandon Pettigrew TE oklahoma st
i dont like this pick, if it was Greisham yes, but a guy with no tds last year?
i would rather us go with Chase Coffman in the 2nd round and get a pass rusher here

that's two good NFL analysts that have us taking him.

Bert102176
01-22-2009, 12:55 PM
I like the pick

yordad
01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
that's two over-rated NFL analysts that have us taking him.I fixed that for ya.

Kenny
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Dont like it.

After seeing guys like vernon davis and winslow, drafting a TE high is a bad idea.

We need to go DE or OLB.

PECKERWOOD
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I remember everybody was predicting that Posluszny would be our first pick -- we got him in the 2nd. Perhaps Pettigrew slides and we get him in the 2nd? Would be nice. ;-)

Forward_Lateral
01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Winslow, if he wasn't such a moron off the field, would be the best TE in the game, so saying he was a bad idea isn't accurate.

That being said, I don't think taking a TE with the 11th pick is the right move either. I'd rather see a defensive playmaker drafted, or the Bills' trading down for extra day 1 picks.

jamze132
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
We better not go TE in RD1.

DE, C, LB.

DrGraves
01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
we should trade out of the first round, that way it will be physically impossible to be disappointed with our first round pick. everybody wins.

psubills62
01-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I remember everybody was predicting that Posluszny would be our first pick -- we got him in the 2nd. Perhaps Pettigrew slides and we get him in the 2nd? Would be nice. ;-)

I'm kind of hoping that might happen. He's supposedly really slow (but can still create separation due to running good routes), so if his combine numbers are bad, he just might slip.

Thurmal
01-22-2009, 03:41 PM
If the Bills take a TE with the 11th pick, I will be borderline homicidal.

How many years will it take before our douchebag FO realizes that we need solid offensive and defensive lines? I'll even take an OLB who can rush the passer.

billogic99
01-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Question is will he be the best player on the board when we draft at 11, it might not be a case of like or dislike, but who the best player is. We sure as heck need a lot of upgrading, so does it really matter who it is as long as they're the best player on the board? I don't think so. I think we all should know by now that just because we want a DE or whatever position at 11 doesn't mean that player will be an automatic star.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Mel has us taking him as well dont like the pick at all

camelcowboy
01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm all for a tightend

bflojohn
01-22-2009, 09:13 PM
What if free agency makes this pick a "no brainer"? Mike Mayock, the other day, said he spoke to a friend that scouts the Big-12 exclusively. This person said that Brandon Pettigrew was the best player in that conference!! Anyone with half a brain would know that the Heisman trophy winner resides in that conference. Also, Pettigrew has set himself up for talk amongst Burmeister, Davis and Mayock about whether he has earned top 10 consideration!! Maybe your consternation will be short lived if he does, indeed, earn higher consideration. Historically, the Bills have chosen Oklahoma State prospects rather high . Terry Miller in the late 70's super nova'd and we also selected Rueben Gant a TE from Okla.St. in the first round in the late 70's. Both players busted! Thurman Thomas was our second Okla. St. RB and the Hall of Fame beckoned, so does that mean that our second excursion into Okla. St. for the TE results in a Hall of Famer? Just a thought.....

Mitchell55
01-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Dont like it.

After seeing guys like vernon davis and winslow, drafting a TE high is a bad idea.

We need to go DE or OLB.

K2 is one of the best tight ends in the nfl.

Mitchell55
01-22-2009, 09:18 PM
What if free agency makes this pick a "no brainer"? Mike Mayock, the other day, said he spoke to a friend that scouts the Big-12 exclusively. This person said that Brandon Pettigrew was the best player in that conference!! Anyone with half a brain would know that the Heisman trophy winner resides in that conference. Also, Pettigrew has set himself up for talk amongst Burmeister, Davis and Mayock about whether he has earned top 10 consideration!! Maybe your consternation will be short lived if he does, indeed, earn higher consideration. Historically, the Bills have chosen Oklahoma State prospects rather high . Terry Miller in the late 70's super nova'd and we also selected Rueben Gant a TE from Okla.St. in the first round in the late 70's. Both players busted! Thurman Thomas was our second Okla. St. RB and the Hall of Fame beckoned, so does that mean that our second excursion into Okla. St. for the TE results in a Hall of Famer? Just a thought.....

Let me ask you a question based on your last sentance. Say your a great college player. Does the fact that history says you will be good mean you will be good?

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Ah come on, this is the second mock draft I see that predicts us to draft Pettigrew. I don't think we should draft according to our needs because that way we are going to keep sucking d*cks the entire decade. We definetly should draft the best player available and I seriously doubt Pettigrew is the best player available with the 11th pick.

Anyway, if we are indeed going to draft Pettigrew we should at least move down in the draft. Maybe we could get the 20th - 30th pick and a high second rounder (or maybe another first rounder?). If we just simply use the 11th pick to draft Pettigrew then I'm gonna eat a twinkie.

Lone Stranger
01-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Don't like it. We should draft a DE or Raji.