PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Question

Bone
01-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Could it be possible for us to change are defensive with the same coordinator, and is likely with the Tampa 2 being dead?

yordad
01-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Just because Matt Bowen says it is dead, does not mean the Bills will change schemes. Scheme changes usually come with coordinator changes in the least.

At some point, offenses will be geared toward defeating the 3-4. I fear we will sit on the cover 2 for a decade waiting for it to become completely unorthodox.

Once Jauron is fired if they promote from within, Fewell will probably be the next HC, lol. Especially if Bobby April is gone by then.

Short answer: I doubt we will change any time soon.

OpIv37
01-22-2009, 06:56 PM
The Tampa 2 died long before Matt Bowen proclaimed it dead. Some of us have been saying that for 3 years.

But I agree, the Bills won't change anytime soon.

Among this coaching staff's many shortcomings, one of them is their marriage to offensive and defensive schemes. It doesn't matter if we don't have the right personnel. It doesn't matter if it's a terrible matchup with our opponent that week. They spent time installing schemes, and dammit, they're going to use them even if the Pats beat us 56-10.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Dick Jauron's future in this team and the Tampa Two's rise or demise in Buffalo are tight together. If one succeeds the other one too, if one falls the other one too. The problem is that the second option is the one expected by everyone of us, I hope we are all amateurs and know nothing about football.

jamze132
01-23-2009, 01:22 PM
We will have a new scheme for the 2010 season when we have new coaches. Here's hoping for a 3-4!

xXSpIkes5IXx
01-24-2009, 05:36 PM
We didnt really play the "tampa 2" in the strictest sense of the word. The porous run defense of the prior 2 seasons caused the coaches to modify it a bit, hence trading for Stroud to occupy some space.

Also Kawika Mitchell isnt your "tampa 2" style linebacker, it was obvious we needed to get bigger, rather than having the speed emphasis, which is what we did and our defense improved. However, the defense still retains the drop off into coverage, get pressure with your front four philosophy, which absolutely has to change.

Mr. Pink
01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I guess that Indy will have to change their defensive scheme too...

You know, since the Tampa 2 is dead and all.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-24-2009, 10:57 PM
^ They should.