PDA

View Full Version : The Cards made it, so can the Bills

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Please. No one can tell me the Cards are an elite team. They have some pieces in place and got hot at the right time.

We have pieces in place too, and anyone can get hot at the right time. If the Cards can be the cinderella this year, the Bills can do the same next year.

Keep the faith.

patmoran2006
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Wisenhunt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jauron
Warner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trent

That's what its all about right there.. Coaching and QB.

There is a HUGE difference between these teams.

patmoran2006
01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Please. No one can tell me the Cards are an elite team. They have some pieces in place and got hot at the right time.

We have pieces in place too, and anyone can get hot at the right time. If the Cards can be the cinderella this year, the Bills can do the same next year.

Keep the faith.
Id like to keep the faith, but its near impossible with Ralph Wilson as the owner. He had a chance to shake **** up in the front office and voted for "continunity"

As on continually winning 7 games per season.

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2009, 08:00 PM

There is a HUGE difference between these teams. Oh come on.

One year ago you would've laughed your head off if someone told you Wisenhunt was a great coach and Warner was the man.

Did you sprain your ankle jumping on the bandwagon?

Mr. Miyagi
01-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Id like to keep the faith, but its near impossible with Ralph Wilson as the owner. He had a chance to shake **** up in the front office and voted for "continunity"

The Cards have been a perenniel bottom barrel team for years. Bidwill have been as popular as old Ralph. It has nothing to do with anything else but getting hot at the right time.

DraftBoy
01-22-2009, 08:04 PM

Keep the faith.

What pieces do we have in place outside of LT, RB, 1 WR and CB??

Joe Fo Sho
01-22-2009, 08:44 PM
The Cards have been a perenniel bottom barrel team for years. Bidwill have been as popular as old Ralph. It has nothing to do with anything else but getting hot at the right time.

Not trying to sound like a dick here, but I've never understood what "getting hot at the right time" means...winning? Cuz the Bills can't really do that very well....

I mean, to win a Superbowl, you have to win either 3 or 4 games in a row, so I guess that every team that has ever won the Superbowl gets "hot at the right time," no?

Anyways, I think we are set up very nicely for next year, so long as we can get a decent center, an OLB, a good TE, a safety, better O-line play, more consistancy at QB, a new coach and better FO.

GO BILLS!

billogic99
01-22-2009, 09:05 PM

Keep the faith.

If we were in the NFC, I'd agree with you, but we're not.

acehole
01-22-2009, 09:22 PM

Keep the faith.

Kurt Exavier Warner.

OpIv37
01-22-2009, 10:23 PM

Keep the faith.

BIG flaw in your logic: they got SIX games against the hapless Rams, Seahawks and 49ers. Those three teams COMBINED for 13 wins.

Contrast that with the Bills: We get to play 6 games against the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots, 3 teams that combined for 31 wins. Hell, the Fish and Pats had 11 EACH- that's only two less than the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers combined.

What's my point? Right now, it's MUCH easier to be Cinderella in the NFCW than the AFCE.

Next year will be just another season of flirting with .500.

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Honestly, Jauron is the wildcard in the entire discussion. His horrible coaching decisions are good for 3-4 losses a year. I just don't see this team getting anywhere with him leading the team.

OpIv37
01-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Honestly, Jauron is the wildcard in the entire discussion. His horrible coaching decisions are good for 3-4 losses a year. I just don't see this team getting anywhere with him leading the team.

and if you look at our talent, it doesn't get any better from there.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
The Cardinals have a great coach and a great offensive coordinator plus their QB has already gone to the Superbowl and won an MVP award. That's one hell of a difference to me.

Also, they have two Pro-bowl wide receivers, an offensive line that is actually able to protec their QB, a defensive line that is suddenly dominating the treches, a very good linebacking core, a kick-ass backfield, and so much depth at every position!

Whisenhunt > Jauron
Hailey > Schonert
Warner > Edwards
Leinart > Losman
James & Hightower < Lynch & Jackson
Fitzgeral & Boldin > Evans & Reed
Cards' D-line & pass rush > Bills' D-line & pass rush
Dansby, Hayes, & Okeafor > Mitchell, Poz, & Ellison
Cards' Backfield > Bills' Backfield

So basically they beat us at everything except running backs and special teams?

Lets face it, we suck ass.

Mike
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
hate to agree with you, but the cards are better than the bills at allmost every position!

Mike
01-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Hate to agree with you but the Cards are better than the Bills at almost every position. Moreover, it does not get anymore obvious than the result of the game played between the two teams on week 5... way back when the Bills were a 4-0 team and the Cards were looking for a statement victory.

X-Era
01-23-2009, 06:15 AM

There is a HUGE difference between these teams.

Ya know, your always exaggerating!

Wisenhunt>>>>>>>>>Jauron
Warner>>>>>>>>Trent

Thats more like it

I think that they are a much better team than that get credit for. Warner has played better than expectations, and Wisenhunt has had them exceed expectations. They are the classic underdog to me.

The Bills could do the same, but they don't have a winners mentality, not on the squad, not in coaching, and not in the front office.

Their talent IS better than ours by the way... Fitz and Boldin? are you kidding me?

TacklingDummy
01-23-2009, 06:19 AM
The Cards have play makers, who are the Bills play makers?

Jeff1220
01-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Fitz is probably a better C than Fowler or Preston, and he could probably rush the passer better than Kelsay or Denney.

justasportsfan
01-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I've kept the faith for 3 years MM. The result was 0-6 in the division. We have to climb within our division first before we can even talk about playoffs and then a sb.

We're not going anywhere with Turk at OC. Dick's never gotten the OC position right his entire career and he decided to stick with one that copies plays from other teams mid-season.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh, and the Cardinals have made the switch to the 3-4 defense meanwhile the Bills are trying to stay loyal to the Tampa 2. That's another differece.

Mike13
01-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Please. No one can tell me the Cards are an elite team

They beat the **** out of 3 very good teams in the playoffs, so what does that make them?

Wally The Barber
01-23-2009, 07:47 PM
When did it become fashionable to be so negetive on this board?

I thought the dude wrote a pretty good thread

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-24-2009, 09:29 AM
It's not negative, he is just making a fallacy and being naive at the same time. Just because the Cardinals used to suck doesn't mean every team that sucks will now go to the Superbowl.

Aristotle is a human being, every human being is Aristotle.
Cats are animals, every animal is a cat.
The Cardinals used to suck and now the are in the Superbowl, every team that sucks will eventually go to the Superbowl like the Cardinals.

That's a fallacy.

tat2dmike77
01-24-2009, 09:33 AM
What pieces do we have in place outside of LT, RB, 1 WR and CB??

But according to alot of people Trent Edwards is the man and he will win a bunch of super bowls for the Bills just watch.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
^ And since when people are correct?

BillsPride12
01-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Anyone who thinks the Bills are on the same level as the Cards is insane, and must not remember when they kicked our ass earlier this season. Granted, I will admit they are not one of the stronger Super Bowl teams we've seen over the years they do have ALOT more talent than we do with guys like Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Edge, Adrian Wilson, etc...I don't understand the arguement that just because Arizona used to suck and now they are good Buffalo is on their way too! That sounds like a bunch of Mularkey, excuse me let me rephrase that, it sounds like Dick to me.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-24-2009, 10:32 PM
^ They might not be one of the strongest but they are one of the must espectacular Superbowl teams I have seen in a while.

colin
01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
we can run on just about anyone, and we have talent in the secondary.

all we need is another playmaker on O, and 1 or 2 more disruptive players in the front 7 on d and then we are in business.

we have a young qb with some promise, evans, a sick pair of RBs, a line that imo even if we trade peters, along w an upgrade in the middle can punish people, and some players on D.

throw in the best special teams in the biz and frankly we really can be very good next year.

if our d can get some pressure and the odd turnover, they will force more early punts. punts go to roscoe who is a game changer with the ball in his hands. after his big returns we will have our running game in gear along w evans and hopefully one new playmaker on o.

we aren't there, but we aren't that far.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-25-2009, 03:09 PM
^ I hate when people think it is that easy.

lukabrossi
01-26-2009, 09:23 AM
The Bills aren't going anywhere, anytime soon. Jauron will keep this team in the cellar until his contract runs out......and we'll have nothing but heartache again.
Jesus christ, i think i just puked a little in my mouth thinking about the future of this franchise.

mybills
01-26-2009, 09:46 AM

I'm just as aggravated about that, so I'm trying to look at it this way..
Every coach we've had since Levy has had a short stay. What if this time it actually pays to keep him on just one more year? What if that one extra year of a familiar coach helps the players by not having to adjust to that one big adjustment? And because of it, they make the playoffs. I'm not big on what if's, but that's how I'm gonna look at this, and that's what I'm hoping for.

Mr. Miyagi
01-26-2009, 09:58 AM
It's not negative, he is just making a fallacy and being naive at the same time. Just because the Cardinals used to suck doesn't mean every team that sucks will now go to the Superbowl.

Aristotle is a human being, every human being is Aristotle.
Cats are animals, every animal is a cat.
The Cardinals used to suck and now the are in the Superbowl, every team that sucks will eventually go to the Superbowl like the Cardinals.

That's a fallacy.
Good thing for the Cards they didn't take that advice and believed they'd never make it, after seeing the Patriots came from a 4-12 season and won the SB the next year, or the Panthers went from picking #2 overall to going to the SB in 2 years, or the Giants went from 8-8 and won the whole thing last year, or the Rams went from 4-12 and won the SB the next year.

Because once you have sucked you will always suck and should not hold out any hope, just because it has happened to teams over and over again doesn't mean it will happen to you. Right?

:shakeno:

lukabrossi
01-26-2009, 10:24 AM
10 years of mediocre accomplishments from this franchise, isn't a rough spot, or a bad-patch or a bad-break.....it is the norm and once you accept it and stop fighting it, my friends......it's almost hypnotic and soothing. Just let the wave of inadequacy and mediocre football wash over you and take it for what it is.....garbage.

trapezeus
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
addressing the "what does it mean to get hot at the right time?" comment.

For the cards, warner has been a notorious fumbler. and he is rick james like. When he's on, he's great, when he's off, he's terrible. he is on right now. he's confident, he's not a turnover machine, and the team is playing well on defense.

as for the bills correlation to this, the only difference is that the cardinals have been improving with wisenhunt. They have taken on big names to excite the fan base, the took the high road with coaches with dennis green and wisenhunt. so they are learning how to be a competitive team. and like others said, their division makes the learning easier.

For the bills, we refuse to sign players like peters who are difference makers and players we want in key positions, but don't mind throwing big money at old players (schobel), players who aren't playmakers (evans), free agents who aren't playmakers (mitchell), and having a leader who is easily confused when the going gets tough. The fans are sick of it, they are making no effort to be different and they have several challenges facing them next year.

1. Another dominant year from the dolphins and pats upcoming.
2. no free agents at the positions we need to fix.
3. few draft prospects at the positions we need the most.
4. Peters contract situation.
5. No real back up QB for a QB who is promising yet potentially injury prone
6. Sign the #2 in the 1-2 RB punchout.
7. Will stick with a defensive system that has not been able to shut down opponents when it needs to.
8. Relies on the same scouting department for the last 8 years despite those guys being the ones who thought Losman, mcCargo, Williams and a slew of other busts as being worthy of top picks.

The Bills are relying on a miracle to get better. The cards at least have been slowly putting pieces in place to be better.

lukabrossi
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM
addressing the "what does it mean to get hot at the right time?" comment.

For the cards, warner has been a notorious fumbler. and he is rick james like. When he's on, he's great, when he's off, he's terrible. he is on right now. he's confident, he's not a turnover machine, and the team is playing well on defense.

as for the bills correlation to this, the only difference is that the cardinals have been improving with wisenhunt. They have taken on big names to excite the fan base, the took the high road with coaches with dennis green and wisenhunt. so they are learning how to be a competitive team. and like others said, their division makes the learning easier.

For the bills, we refuse to sign players like peters who are difference makers and players we want in key positions, but don't mind throwing big money at old players (schobel), players who aren't playmakers (evans), free agents who aren't playmakers (mitchell), and having a leader who is easily confused when the going gets tough. The fans are sick of it, they are making no effort to be different and they have several challenges facing them next year.

1. Another dominant year from the dolphins and pats upcoming.
2. no free agents at the positions we need to fix.
3. few draft prospects at the positions we need the most.
4. Peters contract situation.
5. No real back up QB for a QB who is promising yet potentially injury prone
6. Sign the #2 in the 1-2 RB punchout.
7. Will stick with a defensive system that has not been able to shut down opponents when it needs to.
8. Relies on the same scouting department for the last 8 years despite those guys being the ones who thought Losman, mcCargo, Williams and a slew of other busts as being worthy of top picks.

The Bills are relying on a miracle to get better. The cards at least have been slowly putting pieces in place to be better.

you took the words right outta my mouth.......well, not literally, of course........but, i agree with ya....aw, forget it.