PDA

View Full Version : Bob DiCesare: How much will you pay for success?

shelby
01-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Maybe they held the line on ticket prices because they foresee no change in their current budget, or as a concession to the staggering economy. Maybe they retained the status quo because they sense that the backlash over head coach Dick Jauron left them no other choice. The reason is immaterial. What matters is that a ticket to a Buffalo Bills home game — at least the ones played in Orchard Park — remains one of the premier values in major pro sports.
The NFL has it all over its competition when it comes to bang for the buck. As a result, the Bills, with one of the lowest average ticket prices in the league, rank as one of the best buys in the country, nine straight non-playoff seasons notwithstanding.
It’s the length of schedule that sets the NFL apart, the per-game importance. If the Bills lose their opener, there’s ground to make up and only 15 more games to do it. Not so in the NHL, the NBA, and certainly not Major League Baseball, where the 162- game journey sinks into mind-numbing tedium.
There are no Dog Days in pro football. Absent are the stretches of four games in six nights that undermine the quality of the product, as is the case in the NHL and the NBA. Unlike baseball, you won’t go to an NFL game and learn that the star player you’ve come to see has decided to sit this one out for no other reason than to rest up.
The highest-priced tickets for a Bills game in the “regular seating bowl” go for $77 walk-up, $70 as part of a season ticket package. For that you sit between the goal lines. And at the end of the day you have a pretty good idea how the result may impact the remainder of the season.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/bobdicesare/story/557589.html)

Pinkerton Security
01-23-2009, 07:58 AM
im sure we'll hear everything in this post about how we suck so thats why its cheap, but i hope we can at least see that prices could be much higher.

Night Train
01-23-2009, 07:59 AM
I'd pay an extra $10 for some real hope.

An affordable loser is not a good marketing plan.

Pinkerton Security
01-23-2009, 08:04 AM

what is $10 per ticket going to do? we have the money to spend on players, as evidenced by our cap situation the last couple years. I suppose maybe if Ralph was making even more money, he might be more inclined to spend it on players, but I doubt it.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2009, 08:11 AM

EASILY!!! I would pay double for a good team.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2009, 08:14 AM
No you wouldn't.

WE ARE POOR!

Ralph said so.

THATHURMANATOR
01-23-2009, 08:23 AM
No you wouldn't.

WE ARE POOR!

Ralph said so.
Dude I could EASILY swing 800 bucks no problem.

yordad
01-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Ralph wouldn't want to make too much. Then he would have done all his *****ing for nothing. Besides, he will just accept other teams revenue.

Mr. Pink
01-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Dude I could EASILY swing 800 bucks no problem.

Are you saying Ralph was LYING?

You will burn in hell.

WE ARE POOR!

billogic99
01-23-2009, 09:05 AM
What good is a ticket that is a "premier value" when your team constantly sucks? I think RW takes advantadge of the fact that the Bills are basically the only draw in this town and people will pay to see the games good or bad...unfortunately! I think treating this as a good thing, which is the impression I get from the paragraph, is beside the point.

I could see if the Bills were constantly winning the division and taking valid shots at the SB but coming up just short, but if anything this isn't about value, it's about loyalty and hope. Not to mention there's little else to do in Western NY on a sunday afternoon late in the year than tailgate a Bills game. RW isn't doing anyone a favor with his ticket prices we're doing him a favor by showing up at all for a team that constantly underachives, if anything this should be about the 'PREMIER FANS", not the ticket prices, wanna see the fans stop comiong, charge them the avg price of tickets around the rest of the NFL, you'll see the loyalty go away in a hurry. I think the "HOME GAME" in Canada proved that.

Pinkerton Security
01-23-2009, 09:09 AM
What good is a ticket that is a "premier value" when your team constantly sucks? I think RW takes advantadge of the fact that the Bills are basically the only draw in this town and people will pay to see the games good or bad...unfortunately! I think treating this as a good thing, which is the impression I get from the paragraph, is beside the point.

I could see if the Bills were constantly winning the division and taking valid shots at the SB but coming up just short, but if anything this isn't about value, it's about loyalty and hope. Not to mention there's little else to do in Western NY on a sunday afternoon late in the year than tailgate a Bills game. RW isn't doing anyone a favor with his ticket prices we're doing him a favor by showing up at all for a team that constantly underachives, if anything this should be about the 'PREMIER FANS", not the ticket prices, wanna see the fans stop comiong, charge them the avg price of tickets around the rest of the NFL, you'll see the loyalty go away in a hurry. I think the "HOME GAME" in Canada proved that.

so if they raise ticket prices you wont complain?

yordad
01-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Usually, you get what you pay for. But, I don't think we would get more if we paid more. So raising the price would be a loss for Bills fans, in my guesstimation.

For the record, I didn't plan on paying it weather they raised it or even lowered it.

Stewie
01-24-2009, 02:34 PM
what is $10 per ticket going to do? we have the money to spend on players, as evidenced by our cap situation the last couple years. I suppose maybe if Ralph was making even more money, he might be more inclined to spend it on players, but I doubt it.

Increase revenue by approximately $5.5 million dollars per season.

ddaryl
01-24-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd pay 1 meallion dollars

http://www.cinemacomrapadura.com.br/filmes/imgs/AustinPowersTheSpyWhoShaggedMe_1999_img_4.jpg