• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Bills should have options at 11

Though the 2009 NFL draft is still three months away, the prospects at the Senior Bowl have kept draft talk on the front burner. The good news is at pick 11, Buffalo is virtually guaranteed to land an immediate impact player, and will likely have close to the pick of the litter at a few need positions.
    There’s little debate that the Bills need a big boost for their pass rush. With a limited free agent market for pass rushing talent, the draft is the next logical place to turn. Often NFL teams have to grab a pass rusher early if they want an immediate impact, and after just 50 sacks over the last two seasons Buffalo has to address the need.
    Fortunately in the pick 10 to 15 range it’s likely that two to three of the best candidates will still be on the board. NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock believes teams in need of pass rush help in that range of the draft will benefit from some junior eligibles.
    more....

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills should have options at 11

What a fluff piece, our position in the draft is nowhere nears as promising as he's making it out to be.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

They can land a DE, OLB type that can help immediately. It's whether they execute that properly or pick a bum.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

B.J. Raji, Ray Maualuga and Michael Johnson would all be good picks at 11.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
          They can land a DE, OLB type that can help immediately. It's whether they execute that properly or pick a bum.
          They can land a DE or OLB, Im not convinced that it will be a player that can help immediately though.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            They can land a DE or OLB, Im not convinced that it will be a player that can help immediately though.
            I thought you were high on Michael Johnson? What's changed since then? We could easily look back a year from now and Michael Johnson could be the best and most complete DE in this year's class.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I agree, but after 9 years of futility, we really need 2 or 3 picks that can help immediately, plus a couple of free agents. We just can't afford prospects and projects anymore.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

With so many of the top talent underclassmen deciding to go back, the pickings aren't going to be great at number 11. Unfortunately.

This is the perfect year to trade down if someone falls that we don't need and we find a partner.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  I thought you were high on Michael Johnson? What's changed since then? We could easily look back a year from now and Michael Johnson could be the best and most complete DE in this year's class.
                  I am but I also recognize he has flaws in his game. I dont think any of the DE's (Orakpo included) are going to be hige impact players in the NFL year 1. I dont see enough consistency in their games.

The draft is full of high reward players but a lot of them are just not ready yet. Guys like Maclin, Brown, Stafford, Sanchez, Greene, Moreno, are all the tops or near the top at their positions and they aren't ready yet. They need time, this draft has plenty of talent, but its not ready for the NFL yet, in a year or two is when we will truly see this classes impact. I firmly believe that.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I agree, but after 9 years of futility, we really need 2 or 3 picks that can help immediately, plus a couple of free agents. We just can't afford prospects and projects anymore.
                    We will not get that from this class, and that's not just a knock on our FO, which sucks, but its also about the class itself. Its just not ready yet.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

this isnt as strong a draft as we have seen the past few years, alot of the top juniors went back to school. i can think of 4 sure fire 1st round picks that didnt turn pro (bradford, spikes, gresham, hardy), any DE we draft especially high is going to take longer to mature at the NFL level because they are going to have to learn to play with alot more leverage against elite tackles and guards at the next level. guys like michael johnson and everette brown and orkapo for that matter will not just throw these offensive linemen off there blocks, they are going to have to learn alot before being the 12-15 sack a year guys they are projected to be.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

I think that Michael Johnson would be a wise pick at 11. I also think that taking a DE in the 3rd-4th round on top of that would be a good idea as well. I fully expect us to draft 2 this year.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

I have to agree with DB, this draft is full of potential.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

“Brandon Pettigrew has just been dominant at the tight end position here,” said NFL Network draft analyst Charles Davis. “He can run and catch. We watched him in a blocking drill and he won every rep that we saw. We saw three reps against high quality linebackers coming at him off the edge on the line of scrimmage and they played run blocking and pass blocking and all three situations that I saw it wasn’t even close. He also looked very good running. He was a lot more fluid than people might understand. When he runs I think he’ll surprise people with his 40 time. He’s the total package.”

hmmmmmmmmmmm.......... and I am an idiot for defending Pettigrew as being a great player and possible first round talent...
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                              • Feb 2008

What a fluff piece, our position in the draft is nowhere nears as promising as he's making it out to be.

Im kind of confused why your name is draft boy.

Comment

Working...
                              X