PDA

View Full Version : Biggest bust? I think McCargo won it over Williams

Mitchell55
01-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Both were 1st rounders, we traded up to get McCargo and Williams was a 1st round pick so it evens up. But before you mark Williams as the biggest busts. Remember this. Williams actually played for us as a 1st pick and maintained his job for a while. McCargo has barley played because hes lazy and overweight.

So Mike Williams- number 1 pick. Over hyped, lazy, overpowered. But he actually played.

John McCargo- Lazy, doesnt play, overweight, traded 2nd round pick for him if I remember, lazy lol, even when he has played hasnt been productive.

BidsJr
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Both were 1st rounders, we traded up to get McCargo and Williams was a 1st round pick so it evens up. But before you mark Williams as the biggest busts. Remember this. Williams actually played for us as a 1st pick and maintained his job for a while. McCargo has barley played because hes lazy and overweight.

So Mike Williams- number 1 pick. Over hyped, lazy, overpowered. But he actually played.

John McCargo- Lazy, doesnt play, overweight, traded 2nd round pick for him if I remember, lazy lol, even when he has played hasnt been productive.

Nope

rcd333
01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
your underestimating the fact that mike williams was picked 4th and mccargo was picked 26th

Jeff1220
01-23-2009, 10:36 PM
I actually think it's a push.

BILLSROCK1212
01-23-2009, 10:36 PM
McCargo also has had his moments....he would have had more of them if he actually gave a crap

Billiever86
01-23-2009, 10:41 PM
i remember that 4th down stop against the giants where he murdered the middle...

more than mike ever did...

Mitchell55
01-23-2009, 10:42 PM
your underestimating the fact that mike williams was picked 4th and mccargo was picked 26th

We also had to trade to get that 1st.

TacklingDummy
01-23-2009, 10:58 PM
This team would look alot different if Williams, Losman, and McCargo didn't turn out to be busts.

Mitchell55
01-23-2009, 11:06 PM
This team would look alot different if Williams, Losman, and McCargo didn't turn out to be busts.

LOL. In your sig it says Trade Peters for Ocho and 2nd. I made that same exact trade to the Bengals in my GM offseason where people be the gms of there teams and make trades and such.

jimbohastle51
01-23-2009, 11:21 PM

i agree totally, this guy was supposed to be one of those DT's that had monster TFL numbers and get 6-8 sacks a year from the DT position. i guess he was just a product of having mario williams and manny lawson as his DE's in college. boy is that proof that i your surrounded by talent you can look better than advertised, and it always shows that the best rise to the top. williams is a stud and while lawson isnt elite he is at least serviceable at the NFL level, mcargo has no buissness in the NFL anymore (laziness, bad back, complacent, all the signs of a monster BUST!)

Crisis
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM
considering mike williams was picked 11 spots ahead of albert haynesworth and 20 slots ahead of ed reed...i'd say mike williams set us back a lot farther.

jimbohastle51
01-24-2009, 12:49 AM
considering mike williams was picked 11 spots ahead of albert haynesworth and 20 slots ahead of ed reed...i'd say mike williams set us back a lot farther.

well i guess the big difference in my opinion between the 2 besides who was drafted ahead and after them during the draft is the fact that williams actually had potential and started for us for more than 1 year. mccargo never even really held a starting gig with us at any point. he was a rotational player at best and the minute he got in camp the coaching staff was let down. this guy was a bust from day one, us fans just didnt see it right away cause we dont see him practice every day. he has been last in the DT rotation since he was drafted.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Not even close IMO, Williams was given the house (then he ate the house) and it set the team back for years.

trapezeus
01-24-2009, 06:12 AM
i remember that 4th down stop against the giants where he murdered the middle...

more than mike ever did...

i remember williams killing a couple drives on 4th down as well. ;-)

yordad
01-24-2009, 07:12 AM
I think they are long lost brothers.

Raptor
01-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Nah not even close, williams by a mile

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I don't think there is a doubt Mike Williams has been the biggest bust of this franchise lately. I mean he was the 4th pick in the draft people, in the other hand McCargo was the product of a second and a third rounder traded for a late first round pick.

Also, must scouts projected McCargo as a thrird/second round pick so it was not that he disappointed that much but more that Levy screwed it up.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-24-2009, 08:23 AM
*Double Post*

Ingtar33
01-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Williams looked pretty good for long stretches before his life imploded.

I think his is a story of psychological depression. From what i've heard, he just gave up on football. He should have got help, but didn't. But when he played and tried, he played pretty good.

I don't know what McCargo's issue is. in '07 he looked like he was showing flashes of being a good player and playmaker. then he tanked this year. Perhaps he's lazy. who knows.

patmoran2006
01-24-2009, 01:12 PM
You are ridiculous.

Do you factor MONEY and SALARY CAP into your evaluation?

What an insane statement.

Tatonka
01-24-2009, 01:17 PM
you know what i fully expect to happen.. just to make it worse.. mccargo will go to another team who will get him for next to nothing.. and the light will go on and he will realize that his nfl life is running out.. and then he will be the tackle we needed him to be.. just for someone else. he showed flashes of true talent.. it is there.. he has the abillity to be a stud.. but buffalo drafted him.. so as fans have come to expect.. he sucked balls for us.

TigerJ
01-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I remember "players" like Walt Patulski and Perry Tuttle.

The Jokeman
01-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Looking back McCargo didn't have many first round draft grades by most draft sites/experts. There was even a debate if he was the 3rd best DT in the draft so yes he was a reach and what hurts more is we gave up additional picks to get him. In terms of Mike Williams, in retrospect we should have taken John Henderson but will admit at the time was angered we passed on Bryant McKinnie who never lived up to predraft hype either but at least he's still playing in the league. Yet all things considered BIG Mike was the far bigger mistake yet it could be argued that McCargo cost us more in terms of what could have been had we not traded up for him.

PECKERWOOD
01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
well i guess the big difference in my opinion between the 2 besides who was drafted ahead and after them during the draft is the fact that williams actually had potential and started for us for more than 1 year. mccargo never even really held a starting gig with us at any point. he was a rotational player at best and the minute he got in camp the coaching staff was let down. this guy was a bust from day one, us fans just didnt see it right away cause we dont see him practice every day. he has been last in the DT rotation since he was drafted.

Our 5th round pick in Kyle Williams completely beat McCargo out for the job. That isn't supposed to happen but thank God we nailed that insurance selection.