• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Prioritize the Bills offseason needs

Lets hear from every one of you die hard broken heart Bills fans.

Personally My list goes like this

1.) Sign our own. Sign Peters quickly so it is not a pain in the ass distraction, or deal him and put us in a position to replace him. Not a popular choice, but we cannot be playing the Peters game every offseason
    a.) Sign Jackson
    b.) sign Crowell
    c.) sign Digi
    d.) sign Greer
    e.) Offer RFA's tenders
    2.) DE; We are super desperate for pass a rush. We need to force opposing QB's to make mistakes and not get comfortable. Free Agency would be my 1st choice but pickens are slim (Peppers and Suggs are the only pursuable options worth a damn) , and many of the DE's in the draft seem to be projected as OLB's in the NFL.

3.) C; We have to beef up the middle of our OL. Our C's got man handled by big NT's in 3-4 D's which in return had the entire O playing poorly vs: 3-4 D"s. I would get one of the C's that should be available in FA. Jason Brown would be my 1st choice based on his age. I would tell Preston to beef the **** up in the offseason if he ever wants to sniff the field again.

4.) OLB; Well see my DE comment above. We need an upgrade for Ellison. Crowell should be offered a contract, but i would not depend on Crowell to fix us. His injury concerns worry me. We can go either route FA or Draft but even if we resign Crowell we still need another OLB IMO... Ellison is too weak

5.) Backup QB. This is a vet FA pickup. There is no other option

6.) TE: We need one that can do it all. Not many TE's on the market so this could very well be a draft pcikup which means groom time. Better hope Fine and Schouman can pick it up, or Royal some how becomes Mr. Consistency. I feel good about Fine, but he hasn't done enough to eliminate the need to keep looking.

7.) WR upgrade is a tough call. It would be nice to have another threat, but unless we beef up the C of the OL and have a LT in the fold a WR upgrade would be futile.

I would take the best playmakers on the board in our draft over drafting for need. We need players that can disrupt opposing teams by themsleves. We are already loaded with role players.

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Prioritize the Bills offseason needs

I agree with a lot of what you said, though I would not resign Greer. We drafted McKelvin for this reason; we got enough talent at corner.. Spend it somewhere else.

I too would like Crowell back.. I think he'll be cheaper and for a shorter length than he would've been had he been healthy and played well like I expected this year.

I would also put a heavier emphasis on getting a good backup QB.. Trent is starting to show that he cant last over 16 weeks, so a good backup for him is invaluable.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

i think we have to sign peters and jackson to multi-year deals
      i think we have to sign good vet depth at WR, G, LBer, DT, DE, CB and SS
      I think we should re-sign preston, chambers, RFA's Dig, and ellison and bryan
      We need to draft on day 1 a DE, C, and TE
      We need to sign a top of the line OLB, but will go the cheaper route i think Crowell gets re-signed if healthy i am not oppossed to that
      We need to cut Kelsay and royal
      We need to get a real starting caliber FB thru the draft in the 4-5th round
      We need to sign a vet WR in FA, a proven number 2 even if it is an older player for a few yrs give Hardy and Johnson time to develop
      We need to have a real number 3 rd used in the games like every other team does, may it be omon, hall, or a vet with size a power back
      We need to add a solid number 2 vet QB Fitzpatrick
      if u dont draft a Center u need to throw a bumch of money at josh brown from balt
      Gotta do something right this offseason
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
        • May 2007

1) I agree, resign our own guys:

- Jason Peters: Just show him the money, we need him at training camp this time and even though he might be overrated he is our best o-liner.
        - Fred Jackson: Offer him something better but not much, he is in no position to reject a decent offer... if he doesn't sign then it's not such a big deal.
        - John DiGiorgio: Nice depth.
        - Core McIntyre: I'm actually kidding about this one hahaha.
        - Let Greer go: We have good depth at the position and we need the money to land a stud DE.
        - Let Crowell go: we can do good with Ellison and we need the money to land a stud DE.

2) Try to land a stud DE: Peppers and Suggs are a dream but we can still get Spicer or Berry.

3) Sign Jason Brown: He would be a kick-ass pick. If not then go for Birk who would actually be more expensive and difficult to bring but I'm just saying.

4) Trade our second round pick and something else like McCargo for Derek Anderson (lets remember the Browns need to upgrade their d-line).

That's it, I mean we could have the room to bring someone else but that's just asking to much to this franchise.

Draft: With our first pick draft whoever is the best player available (except for a running back or a quarterback) and trade our fourth round pick and next year's third round pick for another third rounder this year in order to grab both Shawn Nelson and Antoine Caldwell who ar NFL ready.

That would be an aggressive, smart, risky, and not that expensive approach in the offseason, I like it.

* If Edwards doesn't live up to expectetions play Derek Anderson, we have a second option.
        * Our interior offensive line would get much better with Brown and our running game would improve.
        * Derek Fine and Shawn Nelson could probably have a breakout season, if one of them is a bust we have the other guy.
        * Our wide receivers core would still be missing a big piece.
        * If we land either Orakpo or Raji our pass ruch would improve.
        * Try to play DiGiorgo as an outside linebacker, if he is not able to succeed just put Ellison.
        I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

1. OLB
          2. DE
          3. FS
          4. TE
          5. OC
          6. DT
          6. WR
          8. QB
          9. OG
          10. OT
          11. SS
          12. ILB
          13. CB
          14. K
          15. P
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Trade Peters for an established player (CJ, KW, TG type player) and a high second round pick.

Draft...

1st round: LB Rey Maualuga (MLB) USC or Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest.
            2nd round: Alex Mack C (from Peters trade) or Max Unger, C, Oregon
            2nd round: Brandon Pettigrew (TE) Oklahoma State

Sign Peppers and hope Schobel comes back healthy.

Re-sign Jackson, Chambers.

Free Agency: Besides Peppers, O-line depth, Vet QB backup.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              Trade Peters for an established player (CJ, KW, TG type player) and a high second round pick.

Draft...

1st round: LB Rey Maualuga (MLB) USC or Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest.
              2nd round: Alex Mack C (from Peters trade) or Max Unger, C, Oregon
              2nd round: Brandon Pettigrew (TE) Oklahoma State

Sign Peppers and hope Schobel comes back healthy.

Re-sign Jackson, Chambers.

Free Agency: Besides Peppers, O-line depth, Vet QB backup.
              You then need an OT to replace Peters.

And don't say Chambers.

Trading Peters for a player (especially the three you listed) and only a 2nd would be the dumbest move in several years made by this franchise.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

And don't say Chambers.

Trading Peters for a player (especially the three you listed) and only a 2nd would be the dumbest move in several years made by this franchise.
                Don't forget Peppers has already made it abundantly clear he wants to play in a 3-4 system which we don't have.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                  • May 2007

But maybe he is a money guy!

EDIT - Oh, but we are not a money team... forget this post then.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Don't forget Peppers has already made it abundantly clear he wants to play in a 3-4 system which we don't have.
                    DE is a position of drie need, but our options are minimal.

Suggs and Peppers are the only 2 FA that make any difference, and many of the DE's in college project to be OLB's in the NFL. It's going to be difficult ot make a big impact at DE this offseason which is depressing.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

And don't say Chambers.
                      Walker replaces Peters, Chambers replaces Walker. It worked well enough last year.

rading Peters for a player (especially the three you listed) and only a 2nd would be the dumbest move in several years made by this franchise.
                      No it wouldn't. It be one of the smartest moves that people fail to see.

What's Peters worth in a trade? I've been asking many people that and so far almost all have failed to answer. They just rather bash me for actually having an opinion.

Are you saying Peters is worth more than Tony Gonzalez and the Chiefs 34th pick?
                      Or Wilsow and the Browns 36th pick? Or CJ and the Bengals 38th pick? Or Bolden and the Cards 31st pick? Get real, the Bills would be lucky to get that.

Anyways, back to ddaryl's thread.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Why is it that everybody wants to cut our best blocking TE in Royal? Wouldn't you want us to cut Schouman first? I mean, c'mon.. That guy reminds me of Shaud Williams in the sense that he is soooo freaking undersized and ineffective at his position.

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                          • May 2007

Schouman made a lot of progress being a seventh round pick in his rookie season, I wouldn't cut him at all.

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            What's Peters worth in a trade? I've been asking many people that and so far almost all have failed to answer. They just rather bash me for actually having an opinion.

Are you saying Peters is worth more than Tony Gonzalez and the Chiefs 34th pick?
                            Or Wilsow and the Browns 36th pick? Or CJ and the Bengals 38th pick? Or Bolden and the Cards 31st pick? Get real, the Bills would be lucky to get that.

Anyways, back to ddaryl's thread.
                            You been asking a lot of people?

Anyway, I have to agree with the other guy... we could get much more for Peters. I mean, an inconsistent tight end with butter in his hands, an aging clown who uses his number as his last-name, or an extremely old dude who is going to retire pretty soon who doesn't even wants to come here is not really what I'm looking for our only Pro-Bowl player.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              DE is a position of drie need, but our options are minimal.

Suggs and Peppers are the only 2 FA that make any difference, and many of the DE's in college project to be OLB's in the NFL. It's going to be difficult ot make a big impact at DE this offseason which is depressing.
                              I completely agree which is why Ive been talking incessantly about people not advocating taking a DE just to take one. The guy has to fit our style of play and even then there is no guarantee he will help much. Personally I see a guy like Maurice Evans from Penn State as a good pickup in Rd 4, he got into some trouble last off season and got hurt, but the kid has top 20 talent and would be a steal later on.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X