PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of the Officiating in preseason

don137
08-30-2002, 08:25 AM
What is the point of playing preseason games if the officials call every little thing? It doesn't allow teams to get into a rhythm. As a result players are out there risking themselves to injury and not getting anything out of the games.
The officials have said they are calling every little thing in preseason. I don't see the point. I am all for calling the flagrant penalties in the preseason but this little stuff bothers me. If it was a questionable play then have the ref go to the player and tell him if this was the regular season I probably would of thrown the flag. Let the players play in preseason. It's tough to evaluate players when refs are nickel and diming every questionable call...

lordofgun
08-30-2002, 08:33 AM
I agree 100% Don. The penalties haven't only increased in Bills games either. It's an epidemic around the league this preseason.

Maybe the refs are trying to get into their rhythm? :D

doug45
08-30-2002, 09:20 AM
I agree between penalties and TV time-outs the game is getting as slow as Baseball at times.

LtBillsFan66
08-30-2002, 10:17 AM
I think the NFL needs to invest in better officials. Make them full time, pay them much more, and HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR MISTAKES!!!

LtBillsFan66
08-30-2002, 10:18 AM
Nothing po's me more than when the game it out of the hands of the players and coaches and into the hands of the refs.

casdhf
08-30-2002, 10:42 AM
If the players wouldn't break the rules....Neutral Zone infraction??? you'd have to be a friggin idiot to get that one... we wouldn't have the problem

Earthquake Enyart
08-30-2002, 10:49 AM
They have some sort of new rule that each OL's helmet must "break the plane" of the center's beltline to prevent the tackles from lining up waaay back. They call it about every third play. Hopefully they have made their point and it will calm down in the regular season.

colin
08-30-2002, 10:54 AM
IT sucks to watch Preseason, but it is better than getting 20 flags pergame in week one. They are pushing the rules pretty hard, but they are also seeing exactly how much of a change in the game each rule can make, so that they can ditch the crap rules. The holding calls are the worst, they are really coming from no where. On the other hand, the pass interferance and holding are not that common, I think they are trying to shift the weight of the rules from the corners to the front 7.