PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl

jimbohastle51
01-25-2009, 12:35 AM
just got back from the game about an hour ago and though alot of players played well there are 5 that really stuck out to me.

1) pat white QB WV-maybe not your prototypical QB but some team IS going to draft him in the 2nd round and he is going to get a chance to be a QB, kinda like kordell stewart, he may have to do the receiver thing and "slash" role for a bit, but he is going to get a chance to be a starting QB somewhere (i personally like the 49ers for him), he has accuracy and a pretty good sized arm and honestly after sitting there and watching all of the senior QBs play tonight he looked the best with john parker as a runner up.
2)derick williams WR penn st.-this guy not only had a great night as a returner against specail teams that had the like of ayers from tennesse, and mauluga, cushing, and matthews from USC on it but he consistantly was open at the WR position (wheather he was thrown to or not).
3)patrick chung S Oregon-first let me say that this guy played EVERY play on defense and special teams (even coverage units as well as returner, i swear to you besides when the offense was on the field this this guy may have taken 2-3 plays off the whole game at an allstar game) he was around every tackle and around every play, it was very very obvious that the NFL scouts wanted a good long look at him and on my chart he has positioned himself as the #1 saftey coming out this year and i am pretty sure he went from a solid 2nd rounder to a very solid first rounder (the combine will only push him higher as he is well known to have elite speed and his defensive skills are elite after being a a ball hawking saftey throughout his tenure in the pac-10 against very good receivers) wheather it was stopping the run (which he even shut a south RB back down on the 1 in a goal line defense series) or the pass he is worth the hype i am giving him.
4)brian cushing OLB USC-this guy blew an offensive lineman off a block so hard it put the O-lineman on his butt 2ft. back. he is a very good blitzer and has very good side to side speed and is deffinatly a premier OLB in this draft, i dont see a senario where he lasts beyond the beginning of the 2nd round and truthfully it would probably take alot of crazy picks from teams for him to slide that far.
5)rey mauluga ILB USC-this guy is a born leader on the field, even on special teams he was lining people up and he made some really nice plays in the backfield disrupting the north team.

LtFinFan66
01-25-2009, 07:04 AM
Where do you live? I went to the Senior Bowl Troy Smiths senior year

jimbohastle51
01-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Where do you live? I went to the Senior Bowl Troy Smiths senior year
because of work, i live in ft. walton beach florida, and new orleans LA but born and raised in buffalo

jimbohastle51
01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
i was there for that troy smith game as well.

LtFinFan66
01-25-2009, 11:57 AM
because of work, i live in ft. walton beach florida, and new orleans LA but born and raised in buffaloas do I....Eglin AFB to be exact

jimbohastle51
01-25-2009, 12:06 PM
cool man, its good to know there is another fellow bills fan in the area!

LtFinFan66
01-25-2009, 12:07 PM
that's a negative on the Bills fan thing sir

jimbohastle51
01-25-2009, 12:11 PM
that's a negative on the Bills fan thing sir

sorry forgot the fin fan name, ya know i know alot more bucs fans and saints fans here than dolphins fans?

LtFinFan66
01-25-2009, 12:18 PM
I know quite a few Fin fans....but they are mostly all Air Force and not from Florida originally

jimbohastle51
01-25-2009, 12:28 PM
well miami is like another state away from here, so that could have alot to do with it. you must be happy that parcells is staying, congrats. i am sure i'll see you posting down the road.

BlackMetalNinja
01-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Jimbo, think you could eliminate a certain Fish Face for us since you're nearby and all?

LtFinFan66
01-25-2009, 03:37 PM
:yawn:

Block "O"
01-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Robiskie will be the steal of this years draft. Had a Frosh QB all year who struggled in the passing game. Brian ran better routes than the seniors did his freshman season.

DraftBoy
01-26-2009, 07:45 AM
No love for Jennings who looked like the best RB out there?

I dont see White as a 2nd Round QB, or even close at this point. He didnt look bad yesterday but in practice all week he was horribly inconsistent.

It was a rather unimpressive game overall, I thought the E-W Shrine game was more exciting.

jimbohastle51
01-26-2009, 10:29 AM
No love for Jennings who looked like the best RB out there?

I dont see White as a 2nd Round QB, or even close at this point. He didnt look bad yesterday but in practice all week he was horribly inconsistent.

It was a rather unimpressive game overall, I thought the E-W Shrine game was more exciting.

it wasnt the most impressive game, jennings looked good but peerman for the north team broke a couple nice small runs too. i just didnt think they looked that impressive. pat white i think will get drafted in round 2 for the "slash" role, but i think that he'll get a chance to play QB. he was the best offensive player out there. you could visably tell the difference between him and the others (now i know no underclassmen are there so some of the positions were alittle weak but still i thought he was pretty solid against a pretty good south defense which had a couple big time prospects on it) the CB lankster stood out to me to from WV, he looked i think he only had one really noticeable bad play. i am sold on chung :) i know your opinion on him draftboy but i think he is the real deal. and he had a great game. he was by every defensive play and showed return skills as well as on coverage units an looked pretty good at saftey, what will be his make or break is much like you said, its going to be his drills at the combine. he can push himself into the first round (i feel he will) or he can fall to the end of the 2nd begining of the 3rd, but i love this kid. i will say this about the east west shrine game, that running back out of nebraska, lucky is his name, he had a strong game, and could be a nice mid round (4th-6th) pick.

jimbohastle51
01-26-2009, 10:33 AM
most unimpressive player was graham harrell, his timing was off so bad from dropping back out of center, even his completed passes looked awful and he fell once and tripped once coming out from underneath, he has a long way to go. he had a good bit of hype because of the lack of talent at the QB position there and he looked like he was playing at the level of the other QB's on his team (which is just about undrafted, bomar does have a really nice release though) position, he sure didnt separate himself from the guys that will be mid-late round picks.

DraftBoy
01-26-2009, 10:38 AM
most unimpressive player was graham harrell, his timing was off so bad from dropping back out of center, even his completed passes looked awful and he fell once and tripped once coming out from underneath, he has a long way to go. he had a good bit of hype because of the lack of talent at the QB position there and he looked like he was playing at the level of the other QB's on his team (which is just about undrafted, bomar does have a really nice release though) position, he sure didnt separate himself from the guys that will be mid-late round picks.

I thought Brown looked good as a QB out there, I like Bomar's mechanics as well, and Harrell did what I thought he would do and be completely underwhelming. The guy is not an NFL caliber QB.

Dr. Lecter
01-26-2009, 10:41 AM
sorry forgot the fin fan name, ya know i know alot more bucs fans and saints fans here than dolphins fans?

He is a closeted Bills fan. Don't let the username fool you.

The last buffalo fan
01-26-2009, 01:16 PM

:snicker: :hi5:

:lolpoint: :danthephinfanisabillsfannow:

LtFinFan66
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
He is a closeted Bills fan. Don't let the username fool you.:negrep:

LtFinFan66
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
:snicker: :hi5:

:lolpoint: :danthephinfanisabillsfannow::negrep:

jimbohastle51
01-26-2009, 10:50 PM
I thought Brown looked good as a QB out there, I like Bomar's mechanics as well, and Harrell did what I thought he would do and be completely underwhelming. The guy is not an NFL caliber QB.

couldnt agree more about harrell and i was sitting there watching bomar throw and he really throws a beautiful ball but unfortunatley that isnt all it takes at the next level. brown was average but he has no arm strength, you could see that in his warm up and he had a couple he tried over 15 yards that just looked like he had no touch on a deep ball. i am sure you agree draftboy, if your looking for a QB in the top 3 rounds you probably werent looking at this draft. john parker is a mid to late round pick and if harrell gets drafted it is stricktly on is college career and not on his ability to improve, brown and cullen harper (probably the worst QB there besides harrell) are late round picks, and bomar may get drafted in the 3rd to 5th based on being able to make all the throws (but how accutate remains to be seen). i know you dont like the pick :) but i do think if you draft pat white in the second somewhere you get a 3rd sting QB with promise and a really nice slot reciever slash wildcat QB slash return man. at least if being a QB doesnt work out for white he has a chance at another position.

jimbohastle51
01-26-2009, 10:52 PM

kinda figured as much :) being a mod and all, not to mention all the posts on a bills fan forum, and honestly he is pretty insightful at times, which means he is definatly a closet bills fan LOL!!