PDA

View Full Version : Gragnani is heading to Buffalo

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-25-2009, 01:53 AM
http://letsgosabres.com/images/players/headshots/marc-andre_gragnani.jpg

Buffalo, NY (WGR 550) -- With Portland going into its All Star break the Sabres have called up D Marc-Andre Gragnani. Many had hoped the Sabres would make a trade to fill the hole on the blue line created by the injuries to Henrik Tallinder, Andre Sekera, Teppo Numminen, Mike Weber, Mike Funk and Mike Card. Gragnani is the Pirates leading scorer on defense with four goals and 26 assists in 44 games. In two games with Buffalo last season, he was scoreless and minus two in two games. Gragnani was Buffalo's third round pick in 2005. It's likely Lindy Ruff will use five defensemen and just give Gragnani a few shifts.

It's not Buffalo's way to make deals now as they almost never make in season trades unless it's around the trading deadline.
http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-go-with-youngster-/3719821

bigbub2352
01-25-2009, 10:35 AM
typical mediocre move from a mediocre franchise
sad

Ebenezer
01-25-2009, 10:52 AM
this thrills me to no end......

Nighthawk
01-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Typical loser mentality to not go out and actually fill the position with somebody who might be able to help for the remainder of the season.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I am for making a trade but Sekera will be back right after the west coast trip.

chernobylwraiths
01-26-2009, 11:41 AM
some of the best people that have been talked about in trade are hurt, that limits trades

DrGraves
01-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I love being committed to mediocrity.

SkateZilla
01-27-2009, 12:51 PM
we should trade the entire team and get chara, oh wait, that isnt fair for the other franchise, we get chara for nothing, lol, J/K dont jump on me.

Nighthawk
01-27-2009, 05:42 PM
we should trade the entire team and get chara, oh wait, that isnt fair for the other franchise, we get chara for nothing, lol, J/K dont jump on me.

That actually is pretty funny. However, it is sad too...because it is probably true.

Dr. Lecter
01-28-2009, 01:35 PM
For one game (and one game only) he did fine. He actually seems to have nice offensive skills. He made good passes and good decisions from the point.

He also got badly burned on the Oilers 2nd goal, looking very much like a kid in his first NHL game on defense.

Not nearly enough to declare him a future player, but he did not **** the bed either.