• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Best Possible Offseason

Free Agency:
    • Jason Brown, C, BAL (All he plays against is the 3-4 in his division, he is very good)
    • Karlos Dansby, LB, ARI (This is our 2nd big signing, he is an upgrade over Crowell)
    • Jason Peters, LT, BUF (Extend him and have LT position solved for next 5 years)
    • J.T. O'Sullivan, QB, SF (Trent's backup, capable starter)
    • Kirk Chambers, RT, BUF (Backup, but capable starter at RT)
    • Keith Ellison, OLB, BUF (Backup to Dansby and capable starter)

Trade:
    • Roscoe Parrish for a 3rd. (Cutting him would be moronic, he could end up in our division)

Release:
    • Chris Kelsay, DE
    • Copeland Bryan, DE
    • Jason Whittle, OL
    • Duke Preston, OC
    • Gibril Hamdan, QB
    • Corey McIntyre, FB

Draft:
    •Rd1: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri (Think Ted Ginn Jr. but more polished as a WR)
    •Rd2: Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon (Very physical, playmaking machine)
    •Rd3: Fenuki Tupou, OT/OG, Oregon (Gives us options and versatility on the OL)
    •Rd3b: Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech (15.5 TFL and 13 sacks)
    •Rd4: Philip Hunt, DE, Houston (18.5 TFL and 14 sacks)
    •Rd5: Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida (He could end up being a steal here)
    •Rd6: Mike Teel, QB, Rutgers (Accurate passer and good size at 6'4 220lbs)
    •Rd7: Tony Fiametta, FB, Syracuse (Beast in terms of run blocking, has decent hands as well)
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Best Possible Offseason

I think you made our DL much worse then it was in 2008

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
      • May 2007

Roscoe Parrish is a free agent, isn't he?

Denney - Stroud - Williams - Schobel ??? We don't have any depth at the defensive end position!
      I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Ellison is not and never will be a capable starter.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I think you made our DL much worse then it was in 2008
          Williams and Hunt would be better than Bryan and Kelsay. Between Kelsay and Bryan they only totaled 3 sacks.. That sucks! I would rather bring in 2 rookies who could probably equal that in their first year and have the potential to do even better.

DL: Hunt, Williams, Stroud, Schobel
          LB: Dansby, Posluszny, Mitchell
          CB: McKelvin, McGee, Youboty
          FS: Whitner, Simpson
          SS: Chung, Scott

OL: Peters, Dockery, Brown, Butler, Walker (Tupou could beat out Dock or Butler for a spot at guard)
          QB: Edwards, Sullivan, Teel
          RB: Lynch, Jackson, Omon
          FB: Fiametta
          WR: Evans, Maclin, Reed, Johnson, Jenkins (Hardy on IR)
          TE: Royal, Fine, Ingram

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Ellison is not and never will be a capable starter.
            He may not be a good starter but he proved that he can start football games and not be too much of a liability. He is a great backup and ST player, nothing more.

Comment

• Mitchell55
              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
              • Feb 2008

Wow, you managed to make us worse. Dansby does not fit our system. Hunt is a 3rd round pick. You gave us 2 Lee Evans. You gave us a Safty way to early who isnt even close to the best safty. Lastly, didnt even come close to improving the TE and Center postition.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                Wow, you managed to make us worse. Dansby does not fit our system. Hunt is a 3rd round pick. You gave us 2 Lee Evans. You gave us a Safty way to early who isnt even close to the best safty. Lastly, didnt even come close to improving the TE and Center postition.
                How does Dansby not fit our system? He would be perfect at WLB covering TE's and ocassionally blitzing.

Hunt is a 3rd round pick if he is very lucky, he is most likely a 4th round pick.

Chung imo is the best strong safety this year and Rashad Johnson is my favorite free safety prospect.

Maclin is much different than Evans. Maclin knows how to work the middle of the field, he is homerun hitter and fantastic return man as well. Evans is a 1,000 - 1,200 yard reciever and Maclin would probably come in right away and give you 600-800 yards easily in his first year. If we're trying to score more points, Maclin is our guy.. If we want production out of our defense, I would consider Raji with our 1st pick. Raji and Stroud could form a tandem like Henderson and Stroud in Jacksonville, both options are very appealing to me.

As far as tight end goes, Ingram is a solid TE prospect. I see no point in spending a 1st-3rd round pick on a tight end when Royal is serviceable and Fine was coming along and showed definite potential.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  How does Dansby not fit our system? He would be perfect at WLB covering TE's and ocassionally blitzing. 4-3 to 3-4

Hunt is a 3rd round pick if he is very lucky, he is most likely a 4th round pick. Every where I see calls him a 3rd

Chung imo is the best strong safety this year and Rashad Johnson is my favorite free safety prospect. I still favor Rashad over Chung by a mile

Maclin is much different than Evans. Maclin knows how to work the middle of the field, he is homerun hitter and fantastic return man as well. Evans is a 1,000 - 1,200 yard reciever and Maclin would probably come in right away and give you 600-800 yards easily in his first year. If we're trying to score more points, Maclin is our guy.. If we want production out of our defense, I would consider Raji with our 1st pick. Raji and Stroud could form a tandem like Henderson and Stroud in Jacksonville, both options are very appealing to me. Id rather Raji

As far as tight end goes, Ingram is a solid TE prospect. I see no point in spending a 1st-3rd round pick on a tight end when Royal is serviceable and Fine was coming along and showed definite potential. I still think that TE is a top 3 need.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

I'm pretty sure that Arizona plays the 4-3 and 3-4. Also, they send Dansby out into coverage ALOT over there if you haven't noticed.

Rashad and Chung are 2 different kind of safeties.. You're comparing a free safety versus a strong safety. Sure the positions are similar but comparing Chung to Moore and Rashad to Delmas would be more accurate of a comparison.

I can't say that I disagree with Raji over Maclin, I'm not sure which I'd rather have, atm. I guess it really depends on our free agency. I wouldn't be upset with either pick tho.

The only reason why Ingram is a mid round prospect is because he was injured all of last year with a torn ACL. Royal, Fine and Ingram would be a serviceable TE group, JMO.

On Philip Hunt, you should probably check out Walterfootball.com..

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      I'm pretty sure that Arizona plays the 4-3 and 3-4. Also, they send Dansby out into coverage ALOT over there if you haven't noticed. Ok, I guess your right but I posted this idea before and someone told me that Dansby only plays a 3-4.

Rashad and Chung are 2 different kind of safeties.. You're comparing a free safety versus a strong safety. Sure the positions are similar but comparing Chung to Moore and Rashad to Delmas would be more accurate of a comparison. Well no matter what I still like Rashad better in this pick. Whitner is a SS/FS so Rashad at FS and Whitner at SS again wouldnt be bad.

I can't say that I disagree with Raji over Maclin, I'm not sure which I'd rather have, atm. I guess it really depends on our free agency. I wouldn't be upset with either pick tho. Isnt Grady Jackson and Rod Coleman FA. I would love to pick one of them up.

The only reason why Ingram is a mid round prospect is because he was injured all of last year with a torn ACL. Royal, Fine and Ingram would be a serviceable TE group, JMO. Ill take your word for it.

On Philip Hunt, you should probably check out Walterfootball.com.. Yes, I know about Phillip Hunt. Ive been asking about him for a while and hes been in my last 3-4 mocks. Him and Jarron Gilbert I would love to have but I doubt he makes it to us in the 4th.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Dansby would be perfect for our strong side OLB.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Fever, I just think we need more help at DE. Although your 3rd and 4th rounders have a lot of potential, I want a top of the line stud. I see this as our biggest hole by far, no "maybes" will cut it, IMO. Especially 2 that will likely need some time since the Bills need immediate help.

If Ingram has a good combine, he might be gone in the 5th. If he doesn't, I don't want him. Double edged sword.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by yordad
                            Fever, I just think we need more help at DE. Although your 3rd and 4th rounders have a lot of potential, I want a top of the line stud. I see this as our biggest hole by far, no "maybes" will cut it, IMO. Especially 2 that will likely need some time since the Bills need immediate help.

If Ingram has a good combine, he might be gone in the 5th. If he doesn't, I don't want him. Double edged sword.
                            Yup, you make good points. If we have the right FA and help out the offensive side of the football then I would like Raji and maybe trade back up into the first and grab Michael Johnson. Our DL would be killer with Johnson, Raji, Stroud, Schobel.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Oh God please not JT uh-oh'Sullivan

Comment

Working...
                              X