PDA

View Full Version : Best Possible Offseason

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Free Agency:
• Jason Brown, C, BAL (All he plays against is the 3-4 in his division, he is very good)
• Karlos Dansby, LB, ARI (This is our 2nd big signing, he is an upgrade over Crowell)
• Jason Peters, LT, BUF (Extend him and have LT position solved for next 5 years)
• J.T. O'Sullivan, QB, SF (Trent's backup, capable starter)
• Kirk Chambers, RT, BUF (Backup, but capable starter at RT)
• Keith Ellison, OLB, BUF (Backup to Dansby and capable starter)

Trade:
• Roscoe Parrish for a 3rd. (Cutting him would be moronic, he could end up in our division)

Release:
• Chris Kelsay, DE
• Copeland Bryan, DE
• Jason Whittle, OL
• Duke Preston, OC
• Gibril Hamdan, QB
• Corey McIntyre, FB

Draft:
•Rd1: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri (Think Ted Ginn Jr. but more polished as a WR)
•Rd2: Patrick Chung, SS, Oregon (Very physical, playmaking machine)
•Rd3: Fenuki Tupou, OT/OG, Oregon (Gives us options and versatility on the OL)
•Rd3b: Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech (15.5 TFL and 13 sacks)
•Rd4: Philip Hunt, DE, Houston (18.5 TFL and 14 sacks)
•Rd5: Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida (He could end up being a steal here)
•Rd6: Mike Teel, QB, Rutgers (Accurate passer and good size at 6'4 220lbs)
•Rd7: Tony Fiametta, FB, Syracuse (Beast in terms of run blocking, has decent hands as well)

ddaryl
01-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I think you made our DL much worse then it was in 2008

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Roscoe Parrish is a free agent, isn't he?

Denney - Stroud - Williams - Schobel ??? We don't have any depth at the defensive end position!

Nighthawk
01-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Ellison is not and never will be a capable starter.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I think you made our DL much worse then it was in 2008

Williams and Hunt would be better than Bryan and Kelsay. Between Kelsay and Bryan they only totaled 3 sacks.. That sucks! I would rather bring in 2 rookies who could probably equal that in their first year and have the potential to do even better.

DL: Hunt, Williams, Stroud, Schobel
LB: Dansby, Posluszny, Mitchell
CB: McKelvin, McGee, Youboty
FS: Whitner, Simpson
SS: Chung, Scott

OL: Peters, Dockery, Brown, Butler, Walker (Tupou could beat out Dock or Butler for a spot at guard)
QB: Edwards, Sullivan, Teel
RB: Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB: Fiametta
WR: Evans, Maclin, Reed, Johnson, Jenkins (Hardy on IR)
TE: Royal, Fine, Ingram

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Ellison is not and never will be a capable starter.

He may not be a good starter but he proved that he can start football games and not be too much of a liability. He is a great backup and ST player, nothing more.

Mitchell55
01-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, you managed to make us worse. Dansby does not fit our system. Hunt is a 3rd round pick. You gave us 2 Lee Evans. You gave us a Safty way to early who isnt even close to the best safty. Lastly, didnt even come close to improving the TE and Center postition.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, you managed to make us worse. Dansby does not fit our system. Hunt is a 3rd round pick. You gave us 2 Lee Evans. You gave us a Safty way to early who isnt even close to the best safty. Lastly, didnt even come close to improving the TE and Center postition.

How does Dansby not fit our system? He would be perfect at WLB covering TE's and ocassionally blitzing.

Hunt is a 3rd round pick if he is very lucky, he is most likely a 4th round pick.

Chung imo is the best strong safety this year and Rashad Johnson is my favorite free safety prospect.

Maclin is much different than Evans. Maclin knows how to work the middle of the field, he is homerun hitter and fantastic return man as well. Evans is a 1,000 - 1,200 yard reciever and Maclin would probably come in right away and give you 600-800 yards easily in his first year. If we're trying to score more points, Maclin is our guy.. If we want production out of our defense, I would consider Raji with our 1st pick. Raji and Stroud could form a tandem like Henderson and Stroud in Jacksonville, both options are very appealing to me.

As far as tight end goes, Ingram is a solid TE prospect. I see no point in spending a 1st-3rd round pick on a tight end when Royal is serviceable and Fine was coming along and showed definite potential.

Mitchell55
01-25-2009, 04:10 PM
How does Dansby not fit our system? He would be perfect at WLB covering TE's and ocassionally blitzing. 4-3 to 3-4

Hunt is a 3rd round pick if he is very lucky, he is most likely a 4th round pick. Every where I see calls him a 3rd

Chung imo is the best strong safety this year and Rashad Johnson is my favorite free safety prospect. I still favor Rashad over Chung by a mile

Maclin is much different than Evans. Maclin knows how to work the middle of the field, he is homerun hitter and fantastic return man as well. Evans is a 1,000 - 1,200 yard reciever and Maclin would probably come in right away and give you 600-800 yards easily in his first year. If we're trying to score more points, Maclin is our guy.. If we want production out of our defense, I would consider Raji with our 1st pick. Raji and Stroud could form a tandem like Henderson and Stroud in Jacksonville, both options are very appealing to me. Id rather Raji

As far as tight end goes, Ingram is a solid TE prospect. I see no point in spending a 1st-3rd round pick on a tight end when Royal is serviceable and Fine was coming along and showed definite potential. I still think that TE is a top 3 need.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that Arizona plays the 4-3 and 3-4. Also, they send Dansby out into coverage ALOT over there if you haven't noticed.

Rashad and Chung are 2 different kind of safeties.. You're comparing a free safety versus a strong safety. Sure the positions are similar but comparing Chung to Moore and Rashad to Delmas would be more accurate of a comparison.

I can't say that I disagree with Raji over Maclin, I'm not sure which I'd rather have, atm. I guess it really depends on our free agency. I wouldn't be upset with either pick tho.

The only reason why Ingram is a mid round prospect is because he was injured all of last year with a torn ACL. Royal, Fine and Ingram would be a serviceable TE group, JMO.

On Philip Hunt, you should probably check out Walterfootball.com..

Mitchell55
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that Arizona plays the 4-3 and 3-4. Also, they send Dansby out into coverage ALOT over there if you haven't noticed. Ok, I guess your right but I posted this idea before and someone told me that Dansby only plays a 3-4.

Rashad and Chung are 2 different kind of safeties.. You're comparing a free safety versus a strong safety. Sure the positions are similar but comparing Chung to Moore and Rashad to Delmas would be more accurate of a comparison. Well no matter what I still like Rashad better in this pick. Whitner is a SS/FS so Rashad at FS and Whitner at SS again wouldnt be bad.

I can't say that I disagree with Raji over Maclin, I'm not sure which I'd rather have, atm. I guess it really depends on our free agency. I wouldn't be upset with either pick tho. Isnt Grady Jackson and Rod Coleman FA. I would love to pick one of them up.

The only reason why Ingram is a mid round prospect is because he was injured all of last year with a torn ACL. Royal, Fine and Ingram would be a serviceable TE group, JMO. Ill take your word for it.

On Philip Hunt, you should probably check out Walterfootball.com.. Yes, I know about Phillip Hunt. Ive been asking about him for a while and hes been in my last 3-4 mocks. Him and Jarron Gilbert I would love to have but I doubt he makes it to us in the 4th.

yordad
01-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Dansby would be perfect for our strong side OLB.

yordad
01-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Fever, I just think we need more help at DE. Although your 3rd and 4th rounders have a lot of potential, I want a top of the line stud. I see this as our biggest hole by far, no "maybes" will cut it, IMO. Especially 2 that will likely need some time since the Bills need immediate help.

If Ingram has a good combine, he might be gone in the 5th. If he doesn't, I don't want him. Double edged sword.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Fever, I just think we need more help at DE. Although your 3rd and 4th rounders have a lot of potential, I want a top of the line stud. I see this as our biggest hole by far, no "maybes" will cut it, IMO. Especially 2 that will likely need some time since the Bills need immediate help.

If Ingram has a good combine, he might be gone in the 5th. If he doesn't, I don't want him. Double edged sword.

Yup, you make good points. If we have the right FA and help out the offensive side of the football then I would like Raji and maybe trade back up into the first and grab Michael Johnson. Our DL would be killer with Johnson, Raji, Stroud, Schobel.

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh God please not JT uh-oh'Sullivan :pray:

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Oh God please not JT uh-oh'Sullivan :pray:

lol, I just remember him whooping our ass last year. Either him or Fitzpatrick, imo!

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
01-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Just for the record, Dansby played all his career in a 4-3 system until this year.

DrGraves
01-25-2009, 09:31 PM
roscoe parrish is the best player on this team. wtf.

BillsWin
01-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Free Agency:
• Jason Brown, C, BAL (All he plays against is the 3-4 in his division, he is very good)
• Karlos Dansby, LB, ARI (This is our 2nd big signing, he is an upgrade over Crowell)
• Jason Peters, LT, BUF (Extend him and have LT position solved for next 5 years)

Trade:
• Roscoe Parrish for a 3rd. (Cutting him would be moronic, he could end up in our division)

Release:
• Chris Kelsay, DE
• Copeland Bryan, DE
• Jason Whittle, OL
• Duke Preston, OC
• Gibril Hamdan, QB
• Corey McIntyre, FB

Draft:
•Rd1: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri (Think Ted Ginn Jr. but more polished as a WR)
•Rd7: Tony Fiametta, FB, Syracuse (Beast in terms of run blocking, has decent hands as well)

.........................................................................................................................

Mr. Miyagi
01-25-2009, 10:44 PM
lol, I just remember him whooping our ass last year. Either him or Fitzpatrick, imo!
He whopped our ass? In the SF game just this season?

1) The score was 10-3.
2) It was Shaun Hill.
3) They had 195 yards in total offense.

PECKERWOOD
01-25-2009, 11:21 PM
He whopped our ass? In the SF game just this season?

1) The score was 10-3.
2) It was Shaun Hill.
3) They had 195 yards in total offense.

Ahh, nvm then. I was at that game in person, thought it was Sullivan, my bad. Regardless, Shaun Hill looked alot better than Edwards and he whooped our ass. The conditions were awful that day, I remember rain and high winds. If I remember correctly, Gore got completely shut down.

BillsWin
01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Buffalo Fever, you left us with no major pass rush help besides a ROOKIE in that "best offseason possible".... besides that fact, i like it.

BillsWin
01-25-2009, 11:53 PM
4th round rookie.

BillsWin
01-25-2009, 11:55 PM
and i have no rep because I constantly fight with DB and OP, and get in trouble for bashing LT and FIN, and posters like you adding negative rep at will because of one post. but thanks for your comment. I enjoy the rep. Good or bad it means people read what you write. :D

ddaryl
01-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Williams and Hunt would be better than Bryan and Kelsay. Between Kelsay and Bryan they only totaled 3 sacks.. That sucks! I would rather bring in 2 rookies who could probably equal that in their first year and have the potential to do even better.

DL: Hunt, Williams, Stroud, Schobel
LB: Dansby, Posluszny, Mitchell
CB: McKelvin, McGee, Youboty
FS: Whitner, Simpson
SS: Chung, Scott

OL: Peters, Dockery, Brown, Butler, Walker (Tupou could beat out Dock or Butler for a spot at guard)
QB: Edwards, Sullivan, Teel
RB: Lynch, Jackson, Omon
FB: Fiametta
WR: Evans, Maclin, Reed, Johnson, Jenkins (Hardy on IR)
TE: Royal, Fine, Ingram

I do not believe a 3rd rd and 4th rd DE draft pick would make us better on the DL in 2009. We need to put more of a priority on upgrading the DL then 3rd and 4th rd IMHO.

But I would sacrafice either the Maclin or Chung picks and try to get the best playmakers at DT, DE, or LB at one of those spots

I also don't feel you release Preston... he is still depth.

Your FA pickups were good !

PECKERWOOD
01-26-2009, 03:41 PM
and i have no rep because I constantly fight with DB and OP, and get in trouble for bashing LT and FIN, and posters like you adding negative rep at will because of one post. but thanks for your comment. I enjoy the rep. Good or bad it means people read what you write. :D

I don't mind disagreements but responding with "..............." is a slap in the face.

BTW, the only help we will get at DE is in the draft -- unless you're expecting us to sign Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs, have you even read who the UFA's are at DE this year? It's pretty damn safe to conclude that we will be going DE in the draft. We spend more money on the DE position on this team, more than any other position. That's why adding 2 mid round draft picks at DE makes it economiclly viable to our situation. Sounds familiar? That's a page straight out of the Russ Brandon how to play Bills fans like dummies book.

PECKERWOOD
01-26-2009, 03:50 PM
I do not believe a 3rd rd and 4th rd DE draft pick would make us better on the DL in 2009. We need to put more of a priority on upgrading the DL then 3rd and 4th rd IMHO.

But I would sacrafice either the Maclin or Chung picks and try to get the best playmakers at DT, DE, or LB at one of those spots

I also don't feel you release Preston... he is still depth.

Your FA pickups were good !

The only DE I would take in the 1st round is Michael Johnson.. I wouldn't mind a Paul Kruger or Connor Barwin in the 2nd but after those 3 guys, IMHO it's a very weak draft at DE. Take notice how all of the top DE's this year are projected as OLB's in the 3-4. Brown, Orakpo and Maybin just to name a few.. It doesn't help that free agency is very weak at DE and I mean weak in the sense that we won't dish out the big bucks to bring Peppers or Suggs here.

patmoran2006
01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Dude I dont think you should EVER pick apart another person's post, especialy when it concerns off-season moves, after reading your rheoteric.

once you said "trade Robert Royal" you lost ANY SHRED of credibility.

Oh, and did you just say he did nothing to improve the center position? What ****ing high school weed are you smoking? Jason Brown?? Hello??? Do you not read? He's the FIRST person he listed.

patmoran2006
01-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Free Agency:

My Take: That would be about as good it can get. Stud center and OLB (Brown and Dansby). Credible backup (Sullivan) and resign Chambers and Ellison for depth. Its kind of been the Bills policy last two offseasons to spend on two new players (Dockery and Walker in 07, Stroud and Mitchell last year). This would be a great offseason in my opinion.

Trade:

My Take: It AIN'T HAPPENING. He's the best punt returner in the league (one of em anyway) and a decent gadget WR and can play when needed. He's under contract and I dont see us trading him, and I DEFINITELY dont see anyone giving up a 3rd round pick for him either. He's staying.

Release:
• Chris Kelsay, DE
• Copeland Bryan, DE
• Jason Whittle, OL
• Duke Preston, OC
• Gibril Hamdan, QB
• Corey McIntyre, FB

My Take:Mostly agree. Preston is a RFA though isn't he, we wouldn't have to release him. I'd bring him back anyway. He can backup both the center and guard positions, and we dont have a solid interior backup on the team. You bring him back. I would definitely show kelsay the door. I think you may find Ko Simpson on this list sooner rather than later. From what I hear the front office is not very happy with him in many regards.

Draft:

My Take: I very much disagree. This team has enough "skilled" players to win with. People, including the Bills FO apparently, need to learn that we win or lose at the line of scrimmage. I'm not going to list names, because everyone has different rankings.. But if you're staying at pick #11, it is a TOTAL NO BRAINER. You take the best defensive end that is available to you, and you start to get some big, atheltic bodies on the line of scrimmmage. 2nd round, assuming there is one of any kind of decent value, should be a tight end (becuase you signed Jason Brown for center). After that, take the best player each round regardless of position..

Lastly, when you talked (defended) your DL moves, you never mentioned Chris Ellis once. .Are you cutting him already?

PECKERWOOD
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, the reason why I went with Maclin as the first pick is because he would be a tremendous upgrade at WR, first and foremost. Here is a guy who has better physical abilities than Ted Ginn Jr. and he is way more polished as a WR coming out of college then Ginn was. I could make a very strong case that Maclin would add the most production out of any offensive weapon in this year's draft -- that includes Michael Crabtree. McKelvin & Maclin would be a very impressive return tandem. My major beef with Roscoe is that he is a very dumb football player. He runs very unimpressive routes and can't get seperation. He is more of an instinctive player, as seen when he gets the ball in his hands on punt returns and the ocassional reception. A 3rd round pick would be a very fair trade for a team who is looking for an elite return man. With the emergence of McKelvin and the acquisition of Maclin, Roscoe becomes expendable.

Chung on the other hand, he IMO is the best strong safety this year. I just really like what he brings and with him we could put Whitner in at free safety and keep him there permanently.(or vice versa) Although some of the other safeties this year may have better size and measurables, Chung has that "it" factor about him. With Scott and Simpson as our backup safeties, we would be set for the next 5-10 years.

I agree with most of the criticisms that I've gotten here, we really need to upgrade defensive end but I don't think that the 1st round is where we should do it at. Orakpo, Brown and Maybin --- the 3 top DE prospects this year are all projected as OLB's in the 3-4. Why waste our 1st round pick on a DE who may not be best suited at that position? This is why I like the idea of waiting till outside of the 1st round to draft a defensive end.

BillsWin
01-26-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't mind disagreements but responding with "..............." is a slap in the face.

BTW, the only help we will get at DE is in the draft -- unless you're expecting us to sign Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs, have you even read who the UFA's are at DE this year? It's pretty damn safe to conclude that we will be going DE in the draft. We spend more money on the DE position on this team, more than any other position. That's why adding 2 mid round draft picks at DE makes it economiclly viable to our situation. Sounds familiar? That's a page straight out of the Russ Brandon how to play Bills fans like dummies book.

the only thing wrong with your offseason post is that you leave the one position that we need the MOST help with out to dry. yes you have two MID round DEs coming in. awesome, fantastic, brilliant. So you think that move helps this team or sets them back another year?

everyone else you have us aquiring serves some purpose, but you didnt pick up an impact pass rusher. what we really need.

once again, read the post. i liked it, but im very drawn to trenches first, skills later. Games are won on the offense and defensive lines. We cant expect to compete next season without making both sides better. and using up a first round pick on a skilled position over another position of need is rediculous. Then you try to fill it up with mid-round picks. I would be very dissapointed if we didnt take an impact DE, signed one or hell even a D-tackle would make more sense at 11. Our defensive line is horrible without a pass rush.

(phillip Hunt would be a great pick for us though...)

BillsWin
01-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Chung would be an excellent pick as well.

PECKERWOOD
01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
the only thing wrong with your offseason post is that you leave the one position that we need the MOST help with out to dry. yes you have two MID round DEs coming in. awesome, fantastic, brilliant. So you think that move helps this team or sets them back another year?

everyone else you have us aquiring serves some purpose, but you didnt pick up an impact pass rusher. what we really need.

once again, read the post. i liked it, but im very drawn to trenches first, skills later. Games are won on the offense and defensive lines. We cant expect to compete next season without making both sides better. and using up a first round pick on a skilled position over another position of need is rediculous. Then you try to fill it up with mid-round picks. I would be very dissapointed if we didnt take an impact DE, signed one or hell even a D-tackle would make more sense at 11. Our defensive line is horrible without a pass rush.

(phillip Hunt would be a great pick for us though...)

How many times do I have to say that the top 3 DE's coming out this year are projected as OLB's in the 3-4? We can find plenty of talented DE's outside of the 1st round, this makes sense for 2 reasons:

1.) We can find a defensive who actually FITS our system.
2.) They are relatively affordable outside of the 1st round. We spend more money on the defensive end position than any other position on this team!!

You can mock me by saying "brilliant" or "fantastic" or by posting "......." but I ask you this... Why is it that you want us to draft an undersized DE with our 1st pick? Don't we already have enough overpaid, undersized DE's on our roster? Take the immediate impact player with our 1st pick.. That equates to either Maclin or by some miracle Curry.