PDA

View Full Version : DraftBoy is Right

Yasgur's Farm
01-27-2009, 06:42 PM
BPA is the only way to go heading into the draft.

Given that premise... Coupled with Ralph's proclaimaition concerning talent... And his retaining Dick and much of his crew... And in taking him at his word... Here's the way I see free agency panning out.

DE - Bertrand Berry, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
OLB - Karlos Dansby, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
C - Jason Brown, RFA, Baltimore Ravens (Gotta pay the price here)
WR - Hank Baskett, RFA, Philadelphia Eagles
TE -Eric Johnson, UFA, New Orleans Saints

Don't Panic
01-27-2009, 06:46 PM
That is a reasonable FA for this offseason. We may only get three or four out of those five, but I don't think you're going out on a limb...

If we're going to go BPA and there isn't someone we really like at #11, I'd like to see us trade down so we get get an extra day one pick. We need as much quality coming in here for training camp as possible...

PECKERWOOD
01-27-2009, 06:49 PM

Given that premise... Coupled with Ralph's proclaimaition concerning talent... And his retaining Dick and much of his crew... And in taking him at his word... Here's the way I see free agency panning out.

BPA seems likely for the 1st round, seeing as how our biggest need is at DE and most of the top rated DE's in this draft really belong in the 3-4 with exception of maybe Orakpo and Johnson. I don't like the talent at OLB this year tho and I think that FA is pretty weak at DE. I expect us to go the cheaper route in FA, something like:

Michael Boley, OLB, ATL
Shaun McDonald, WR, DET
Tank Johnson, DT, DAL

That type of FA would leave us alot of flexibility in the draft. Signing Brown would be a great signing though.

Raptor
01-27-2009, 07:08 PM

We are not getting Brown and Dansby both are about to cash in big time in FA'cy and w/ our system its a long shot at best that we get either let lone both

The Jokeman
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM

Unless of course the BPA is a QB or RB or WR. As to me we really don't have a need for said positions and/or feel that a rookie would not make an impact in any of those positions. In terms of your free agents, Eric Johnson is available to sign right now and haven't pursued so doubt we will later. I'm not a big fan of Baskett and if were to pursue a RFA as stated elsewhere rather pursue Malcolm Floyd. I like everyone else you listed though.

DraftBoy
01-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I think there should be a thread created with this exact title every day.

Yasgur's Farm
01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
LMAO... DB, don't let the ego take control.

That said... I love the idea of taking our best rated player with every pick!!!!

OpIv37
01-27-2009, 07:41 PM

At best we'll get two out of those five. Eric Johnson should be reasonable and then we'll pay for either Matt Birk or one of the remaining 4 on your list.

This team has 4 big holes IMO:
1. DE
2. C
3a. LB
3b. TE

So, if we go BPA in the draft, get E. Johnson and one more guy off your list, it still leaves 2 of those 4 holes unfilled.

BlackMetalNinja
01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Oh God... I'm not even going to read this thread, I'm pretty sure I just heard somebody's head explode all the way down in Atlanta.

PECKERWOOD
01-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh God... I'm not even going to read this thread, I'm pretty sure I just heard somebody's head explode all the way down in Atlanta.

:lmao:

Romes
01-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Draz...you aren't doing anything to help Draftboy's condition. :mad:

Nighthawk
01-27-2009, 08:25 PM
If that's what happens, then this team will once again be lucky to win 7 games. That being said, I don't see this organization turning this thing around and we will suck once again next year.

jimbohastle51
01-27-2009, 08:28 PM
i think we get one of the 2 major centers for sure but i think we will get birk (because we will draft one of the centers in the draft with our 3 or 4th pick and let him play behind birk for 2 years) and for outside linebacker i really think the FA here is going to be crowell coming back for the year (because he will be reasonably cheap after the injury and our team and team doctors know him best, i see him signing a 1 year deal with like a 2million base salary and everything else in incentives and use the year as an audition for other teams, it will help him and us out) and maybe we draft someone like a brian cushing in the second early to rotate in or play behind him for a year (there are not any outside linebackers after curry that plug in day one as a starter). as far as our first pick i think if orakpo is there and has another 15-20 pounds and has a decent combine i think he is our guy at 11 if not i am pretty sure we take one of the tackles and either kick him in to guard for a year or kick langston walker into guard. maybe we trade down but i agree with the BPA idea and one of those tackles will be there and if the top guys are gone in the top 10 that is going to be the pick, unless we reach for a need or trade back.

DraftBoy
01-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Just to note, I dont support just taking BPA either.

Ingtar33
01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
i'd pay a fortune to get Berry in here. as well as Birk or even that Brown kid.

We can move Berry to DE, pretty easy... resign Crowell, and take BPA in the draft.

Like Brandon Pettigrew

OpIv37
01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: BPA is a luxury that good teams can afford. Teams like the Bills NEED draft picks to fill holes.

PECKERWOOD
01-27-2009, 10:32 PM
i'd pay a fortune to get Berry in here. as well as Birk or even that Brown kid.

We can move Berry to DE, pretty easy... resign Crowell, and take BPA in the draft.

Like Brandon Pettigrew

Pettigrew?

I could name 20+ players that I would rather have over him, but then again opinions are like *******s, everybody has one and they all stink.

OpIv37
01-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Pettigrew?

I could name 20+ players that I would rather have over him, but then again opinions are like *******s, everybody has one and they all stink.

Draftboy's ******* doesn't stink, or at least that's what he said in his Facebook profile.

PECKERWOOD
01-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Draftboy's ******* doesn't stink, or at least that's what he said in his Facebook profile.

This is true but there are always exceptions to the rules!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-28-2009, 01:08 AM
DraftBoy is Right - I think that phrase is like oil and water, orange and purple, etc.

jamze132
01-28-2009, 02:38 AM
:limp:

SabreEleven
01-28-2009, 03:53 AM

But his breathe is a different story...:poop:

X-Era
01-28-2009, 06:14 AM
At best we'll get two out of those five. Eric Johnson should be reasonable and then we'll pay for either Matt Birk or one of the remaining 4 on your list.

This team has 4 big holes IMO:
1. DE
2. C
3a. LB
3b. TE

So, if we go BPA in the draft, get E. Johnson and one more guy off your list, it still leaves 2 of those 4 holes unfilled.
Thank you!

There are 4 big holes, the rest are nice to haves... I agree.

That said, we don't have many if any true stars, so upgrades at any position should be welcome. And our depth is too raw at way too many spots IMO, Id like to see more second tier vets to fill up a few spots... kind of like what Jason Whittle was supposed to be.

DraftBoy
01-28-2009, 07:06 AM

Stalker.

ddaryl
01-28-2009, 08:28 AM
People keep bringing up the cheap factor for us not to get all the top FA's we covet

so the question remains... What were the Toronto games for ?

Did Ralph not say that the Toronto deal was Buffalo's way of competing with the big market clubs ??? Therefore to compete we have to spend, and the Toronto games provide us with the needed cash to spend iN FA...

If cash to cap is not scrapped this offseason, will the fans rise up and finally threaten to beat ralph to a pulp for lying or do we roll over again and hope to get our bellies scratched...

OpIv37
01-28-2009, 08:37 AM
People keep bringing up the cheap factor for us not to get all the top FA's we covet

so the question remains... What were the Tronto games for ?

Did Ralph not say that the Toronto deal was Buffalo's way of competing with the big market clubs ??? Therefore to compete we have to spend, and the Toronto games provide us with the needed cash to spend iN FA...

If cash to cap is not scrapped this offseason, will the fans rise up and finally threaten to beat ralph to a pulp for lying or do we roll over again and hope to get our bellies scratched...

even with the Toronto money, bringing in those 5 guys is a tall order, especially with two of them being RFA's which would require additional compensation in the form of draft picks (or players, but we don't have any players that other teams want).

TacklingDummy
01-28-2009, 11:20 AM

The Bills are going to go out and sign a ton of free agents and give Peters the bank.

And I just won a million dollars.

ddaryl
01-28-2009, 11:58 AM
even with the Toronto money, bringing in those 5 guys is a tall order, especially with two of them being RFA's which would require additional compensation in the form of draft picks (or players, but we don't have any players that other teams want).

well... even with removing the above list... my thoughts about the Toronto games and the fact the Ralph said they were done to help Buffalo compete with the big markets means we need to see a pretty productive offseason and full scrapping of the cash to crap BS.

If were gonna compete with the Big Markets we need to bring in Big names