PDA

View Full Version : Scouting Report: OG Andy Levitre

DraftBoy
01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Andy Levitre-OG-Oregon State
http://www.gazettetimes.com/content/articles/2008/07/31/sports/beaver_sports/football/5osu02_off.jpg

Height: 6'3
Weight: 306
40: 5.25

Pros:
-Versatility
-Size
-Technique
-Football IQ

Cons:
-Short Arms
-Athleticism
-Punch
-Struggles at 2nd Level

Overall:
Levitre is a guy who played all three positions for a bad Oregon State team but played them all well. He projects best as a OG at the next level due to his below average athleticism. Levitre displays excellent technique when dealing with opposing defenders as he can stop both the bull rush, but also the speed moves. Levitre's biggest flaw is that his arms are short which can allow for defenders to get into his chest and control him, as opposed to Levitre being able to control them. Levitre struggles when working to the next level whether its his lack of athleticism or just an inability to work in space, he needs to work on that.

psubills62
01-28-2009, 09:57 AM
"her arms?" Haha, nice.

Sounds like an interesting prospect, could be good for depth, which we certainly need at OG.

DraftBoy
01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
"her arms?" Haha, nice.

Sounds like an interesting prospect, could be good for depth, which we certainly need at OG.

Fixed, Good Catch.

Levitre could be a starting OG in a year or twos time. He is one of the top OG's in the class due to his technique. Its impeccable.

Raptor
01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Easily the best guard in the draft

DraftBoy
01-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I can't agree with you there. Robinson has the best ability of anybody, Canfield is just as good a technician, and Urbik isn't out of the discussion either.

I really like the OG class this year.

Raptor
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
I can't agree with you there. Robinson has the best ability of anybody, Canfield is just as good a technician, and Urbik isn't out of the discussion either.

I really like the OG class this year.

Robinson is one of the more overrated players in this draft. He was pulled in the title game for a few series b/c he was getting whipped pretty bad

DraftBoy
01-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Robinson is one of the more overrated players in this draft. He was pulled in the title game for a few series b/c he was getting whipped pretty bad

He was also injured in that game which is why he pulled out of the Senior Bowl.

psubills62
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
He was also injured in that game which is why he pulled out of the Senior Bowl.

Still doesn't excuse being beaten badly by Tonga Tea versus Oklahoma State. I don't really like Robinson because every time I've seen him, he's had to hold guys really badly to keep froom getting beaten, but he still gets beaten badly sometimes. He tends to kill drives sometimes, from what I've seen.

DraftBoy
02-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Still doesn't excuse being beaten badly by Tonga Tea versus Oklahoma State. I don't really like Robinson because every time I've seen him, he's had to hold guys really badly to keep froom getting beaten, but he still gets beaten badly sometimes. He tends to kill drives sometimes, from what I've seen.

Not making an excuse for him and his play was certainly very disappointing this season as a whole but to criticize a game where he wasn't even 100% in was a little unfair. Last year he was unbeatable and suddenly this year the guy has a down year, but still a very good year overall and suddenly he's being called overrated and a potential bust. The Eb and Flow of prospects value by Draft fans is ridiculous at times.

Raptor
02-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Not making an excuse for him and his play was certainly very disappointing this season as a whole but to criticize a game where he wasn't even 100% in was a little unfair. Last year he was unbeatable and suddenly this year the guy has a down year, but still a very good year overall and suddenly he's being called overrated and a potential bust. The Eb and Flow of prospects value by Draft fans is ridiculous at times.

I dont see how this guy is rated as high as he is. He has big trouble w/ speed and is pretty much non existent on the second level. The guy started the game a 100% and was getting whipped from the word go and Rivals radio reported that while he was injured during the game he was kept out of more than one series because he was blowing blocking assignments. Add in the fact that I also think he isn't to bright as shown by his stupid penalty's in the title game that brought back some big plays.

I dont think he was a first rounder last year and after a year when he got benched in a couple games and got completely embarrassed in the title game to see him still ranked anywhere as a first rounder or the best guard in this draft is a joke when Levitre who does all the things he cant and outplayed him all year to anyone who watched the two play

There is zero doubt in my mind Levitre will be the best guard to come out of this class