PDA

View Full Version : Sammie Lee Hill-DL-Stillman

DraftBoy
01-28-2009, 07:42 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/1/27/736486/tales-the-hunger-of-sammie

"…pick of the draft, the 325 lb. DE from football powerhouse Stillman, Sammie Lee Hill!"

Say what?

You bet. In an innovation that worked beyond their hopes, Greg Thompson, head coach of the Stillman football program, spoke to Dennis Conner, his OC, and they decided to try something new on defense. Their answer was Sammie Lee Hill, a very big, very versatile player with a lot of skills.

'I think I announced it at the press conference,' Thompson said. 'I knew he was a defensive player.'

Why wouldn’t he be? Mostly, because he could have been the next Shaq O’Neal. He had serious skills as a basketball player. And for all his size, Sammie Lee can jump. He can also play linebacker and tight end. He even played kicker. Oh, yes, and a little DT. So, why the move to DE?

methos4ever
01-28-2009, 08:47 AM
A guy like that, which a coach could just use to blow up the middle of the line setting the edge? Definitely worth a looksie via a later day two (earlier if warranted) draft pick!

Him or Mace? I'd give him a roster spot to just learn and get in an NFL program. He doesn't seem like the guy they wrote the stories about last year the bills signed as an UDFA and didn't make it out of conditioning...

TigerJ
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
I doubt he's going to play defensive end in the pros. I suspect he'll move back inside, though teams might be tempted to try him at tight end and fullback in goal line situations. With his small college background, he'll be a late round pick at best, and it won't be easy to make a team.

PECKERWOOD
02-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I like him in the 5th-6th.

DraftBoy
02-05-2009, 07:30 AM
I like him in the 5th-6th.

Too early imo. I have him as a 7th-UDFA prospect right now. His athletic ability is good but he is about as raw as they come.

PECKERWOOD
02-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Too early imo. I have him as a 7th-UDFA prospect right now. His athletic ability is good but he is about as raw as they come.

When you read about this kid it almost reminds you of Jason Peters when he first came out. I bet you that Stillman would be a beast on ST's blocking FG's.