• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Greer rosy on possible return to Buffalo

But Greer isn't necessarily interested in going up for bids.
    "I definitely want to get something done with Buffalo," said Greer, who will turn 27 next week. "It's a spot that I have so much appreciation for. I appreciate the opportunity that they gave me.
    "It's kind of weird to be in this situation, to have a choice. But at the end of the day, I know the community. I know my teammates. They're a spectacular group of guys, and it's a fun place to play."

I still think we can keep him on the roster at a decent price and have great depth at the DB postion with him in the fold.

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Greer rosy on possible return to Buffalo

no way.
    Spend his money elsewhere. Leodis is ready

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

Read about this article carefully. I think Tim Graham hit the nail on the head with this comment:

With two young cornerbacks -- McKelvin and Reggie Corner -- theoretically ready to emerge, McGee could become expendable, especially since McKelvin is an electric kick returner himself.

If the Bills do sign Greer, then McGee is out of the door. I like McGee on this team, especially on his contract year. But you gotta admit that we have very capable people behind him for everything he does and his market value will never be higher and he can bring a valueable resource to this team in other needy area.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

we need qualtiy depth, and I see no reason why greer can not be part of that Qualtiy... and what it would cost to replace him won't be too significant for what it will take to resign him.

CB's

McGee, Terrence
        McKelvin , Leodis
        Fox, Dustin
        Greer, Jabari
        Corner, Reggie

CB's on IR
        Youboty, Ashton CB

Safties
        Wilson, George
        Simpson, Ko
        Scott, Bryan
        Whitner, Donte
        Wendling, John

I think letting Greer go if he can be resigned inexpensively is the typical Buffalo bills mistake that keeps us in mediocrity

if anythign resign Greer and trade Mcgee, who I felt is overrated at CB anyways
        Last edited by ddaryl; 01-28-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I like McGee, but the smartest thing to do right now for the future of this team is to re-sign Greer and trade McGee.

It won't happen, though. They'll let Greer walk and get nothing in return since he's a FA.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I like McGee, but the smartest thing to do right now for the future of this team is to re-sign Greer and trade McGee.

It won't happen, though. They'll let Greer walk and get nothing in return since he's a FA.
            I was thinking the same thing.

But, even if we don't trade McGee (whom I very much like), we let him walk next year, and don't skip a beat with Greer and McLovin' our 2 top CB's for future. That way, we have two very good CB's locked up for at least three years after McGee leaves.

But it also all depends on how much of a home town discount Greer is willing to play for. If it really is a discount, sign him for the future post McGee. If he wants top CB money, let him walk and hope we can resign McGee to a decent deal or that Corner steps up to the plate.

The LAST thing I want to be doing is drafting a CB high in next year's draft to cover for McGee leaving!!!
            The One and Only

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

My hopes are:
              -the Bills re-sign Greer and give McKelvin a little more time to mature, play nickel duty, etc.
              - if they dont re-sign Greer, it is because they wish to use the money instead to upgrade at another position of need, largely LB (or re-sign Crow) or center

if we let Greer go and do nothing in FA, im gonna be upset.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Sign Greer and let McGee walk. That gives Corner and McKelvin another year with 2 vets above them.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

The Bills can't afford to keep looking to the guys that are coming through, where we have experienced players at critical positions we have to lock them up. With that schedule next year we need all the help at CB we can get.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

I like the guy but he's been hurt a lot. Don't forget, he had to build himself up from 165 lbs. and his frame may not take the beating. No one is questioning his heart or effort.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

are people really that anxious to see mcgee leave? he is a pretty darn good corner, and at this point is still better than greer or mclovin.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Usually that is the standard line.

However he would be an asset to the bills if they could find a way to keep him.

Which means he will be a Dolphin.

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...o-Buffalo.html

I still think we can keep him on the roster at a decent price and have great depth at the DB postion with him in the fold.
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

honestly they will make there offer to greer and it will be a take it or leave it thing i am sure. and probably the same with mcgee, this team let nate clements walk, they didnt franchise him then trade him, they just let him play his days out and then sign an 80 million dollar deal (which obviously means a year earlier we could have gotten at least a 2nd for him bare minimum). i could honestly see a scenario where both greer and mcgee go unsigned. if they dont resign greer and mckelvin takes another step forward and corner is as solid as he was this past year they might just draft another corner and let mckelvin and corner start and let a couple rookies play behind them and just bring in vets for training camp then cut them, remember the bills do this all the time with corner, they phased out clements and winfield and no one really though they would just let BOTH walk without even really trying to keep them, and neither greer or mcgee are of there caliber (i believe winfield is in the pro bowl this year)

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Interesting how the picture in the article is George Wilson not Jabari Greer....

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              are people really that anxious to see mcgee leave? he is a pretty darn good corner, and at this point is still better than greer or mclovin.
                              I don't think anyone really wants to see McGee leave. But the chances of keeping both McGee and Greer are slim to none.

So, that leaves two options: let Greer walk for nothing, or pay Greer and trade McGee and get something in return.

Since we're probably going to lose one of them anyway, most of us would like to get something in return. It's not that people actually want to get rid of McGee- we just don't want to lose one of our starting corners for nothing. It's the lesser of two evils.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X