• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Bills hire Bob Sanders as D-Line coach

V-text.

Former defensive coordinator in Green Bay.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • rcd333
    • Mar 2007

Re: Bills hire Bob Sanders as D-Line coach

wow
    i thought they'd just promote somebody

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

DC to DL coach is a pretty big step down.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
        DC to DL coach is a pretty big step down.
        Or next step in line.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Not a bad hire. He's done pretty well with defenses in general. While GB's defense was terrible this past year, it seemed to be mostly due to injuries. Every other year has been very good for him, and imo his defense was the main reason GB got to the NFC championship two years ago.

This offseason is starting out to be interesting with Nix and Sanders being hired. Makes me curious to see what they'll do in FA.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Wow...they must really be afraid of us. Still, they refuse to do press conferences. Come on Ralph, grow some balls!

Comment

• Griz78
              • Sep 2002

I think this is a good move, the Pack got a lot out of guys like Jenkins, Kampman and Jolly on the D Line. Their defense was pretty good for the years he was the DC. I know their whole Defensive staff was canned but I think this is a good hire. He should be able to get our line going.

Seems like he wasn't hesitant in the to replace older guys with better younger guys (i.e. KGB and Grady Jackson)

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Wow...they must really be afraid of us. Still, they refuse to do press conferences. Come on Ralph, grow some balls!
                Huh?

How mean teams hold a PC to announce the hiring of a position coach?
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

On a side note, I'm not sure what to think about the hire. He's taking a big demotion because the Packers defense was so bad this year, but he sounds like he would be good for our DL.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

I don't know....but I'm still bitter that the administration refuses to face us.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

It seems like a pretty good hire.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Bills hire Sanders to coach D-line

Chris Brown, Lead Journalist
                        Posted Jan 28, 2009

Buffalo didn’t wait very long to fill their vacant defensive line coaching position hiring former Green Bay defensive coordinator Bob Sanders. Sanders served as the Packers defensive play caller for each of the past three seasons, but has coached defensive linemen for 15 of his 30 years in coaching.
                        “I’m very appreciative of the opportunity to join this organization,” Sanders told Buffalobills.com. “Coach Jauron and I have a lot of mutual friends and even though we’ve never worked together I have a lot of respect for the work he does.”
                        Sanders oversaw a Green Bay defense that tied for the NFC-lead with 22 interceptions and ranked fourth in the NFC with 28 takeaways in 2008. They also lead the league with six interceptions returned for touchdowns. In 2007, Green Bay’s defense ranked third in the NFL in third-down defense, sixth in scoring defense and 12th overall.
                        In 2006, Green Bay ranked among the best pass-rushing defenses in the NFL. The Packers ranked first in the NFC (fourth in the NFL) with 46.0 sacks. Green Bay also ranked fourth in the NFL with 29 forced fumbles and fifth in the NFC in overall defense (11th in the league).
                        “I like defensive linemen that play fast and hard with great passion,” said Sanders. “In addition to the obvious physical qualities you look for they need to have a love of the game and the work ethic that you have to have to be successful.”
                        Being good friends with Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, Sanders doesn’t see much of a transition for him with respect to what he’ll need to get out of his defensive linemen here in Buffalo.
                        “There are a lot of similarities between our schemes,” said Sanders. “They were both 4-3 schemes so there are a lot of things within it that I’m already used to. They’re very ,very similar.”
                        Sanders is also very familiar with the AFC East. The coaching veteran oversaw the Miami Dolphins linebackers for four years as he helped Zach Thomas post four of his most productive seasons.
                        The rest of Sanders’ career was spent in the college ranks, mostly at the University of Florida, where the Gators led the SEC in sacks for four consecutive seasons (1996-99).
                        “I feel I’m a good teacher,” Sanders said. “That’s what coaching is and I look to bring enthusiasm and loyalty to the club and I’m grateful for the opportunity.”

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

New D-line coach is a good get

By Chris Brown - Posted January 28th, 2009
                          Hiring Bob Sanders to coach the defensive line is a heady move by Dick Jauron and his staff. Sanders is good friends with Perry Fewell, who likely recommended him for the job.
                          Having another assistant with defensive coordinator experience is a valuable mind to have in the room when putting game plans together.
                          Even better as defensive coordinator of the Packers last year, Green Bay faced the AFC South and NFC South, the same divisions the Bills will be facing in 2009. So he’ll offer some familiarity of the personnel on those teams as well.
                          Talking to him his defensive scheme had similarities to that of Fewell’s so the transition for him and what he’ll need to get from his defensive linemen won’t be all that different from what he’s used to coaching.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

This is a good signing, any input to Fewell's defense can only help, plus Sanders does know how to get after the QB, i am shocked that we signed him to be our DLine coach
                            i cant believe we didnt promote from within
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

I think it's a good signing but....

Comment

Working...
                              X