PDA

View Full Version : BillsWin: GM of the Buffalo Bills

BillsWin
01-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Dear Buffalo Fanbase,

I, BillsWin have just accepted the GM position for the Buffalo Bills.

Mr. Wilson and Mr. Jauron have given me some suggestions and concerns that I keep the coordinators for at least the season. I have regretfully agreed to comply to these terms for the time being.

So, as GM for this loyal and very much upset fanbase, I am going to outline my plan for this offseason. I am confident that I can make the Bills contenders in not only the future, but the present.

Let us start with free agency. It is my policy as a GM or football mind in general, that you do not BUILD through free agency, rather you patch, add and grow with it. I like to build through the draft and grab the proven players that will make our team better.

Due to financial restrictions, and persuasive suggestions from the staff I am limited in my choosing of these impact players, but I will still take into consideration the best for this team.

FREE AGENCY:

Angelo Crowell- One of the top priorities for the Bills this year is a true cover-2 SLB. After getting a clean bill of health from team doctors, and taking into account financial limitations, I conclude that we must look no further than our own free agent list. That is why I will do my absolute best to sign Angelo Crowell to a multi- year contract. nothing too big, maybe 3-4 years. I will let the number guys do the heavy work. But this will make the LB core better, and help out our defense tremendously. While I have nothing against Ellison, he is a backup. This is football, not everyone gets a cinderella, scrub to pro-bowl, story.

Kyle Boller- I feel this team is in need of a compitent backup quarterback. While the current coaching staff wants to draft someone to fill the role, I feel that our need is more pressing in that we need someone with some experience. I think Boller is such a suitable backup behind Trent Edwards, as Trent continues to grow as a leader and an NFL QB.

Matt Birk- A football team lives and dies by their strength in the trenches. From watching film of the Buffalo Bills it is painfully obvious one of my top priorities as GM is to get a leader to anchor the center position on the offensive line. Birk is such a player. However age is always a concern. I will look to the draft to find the next leader of the pack.

I will now look to the draft. I realize I have left several holes in our defense. Both on the defensive line, and in the back- backfield. I do not like the "pickings" of affordable defensive ends in this year's free agent market. I am pushing forward to take leaps of faith on young characters coming out of college.

DRAFT:
As it stands, the Bills major needs are now Defensive end, saftey, Tightend, defensive tackle and wide reciever, possibly a FB.

1. Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OK State: I am trading down in my first ever draft as a NFL GM. I feel 11 is too high for a tight end, and I can get great value for the 11th pick. There is no major defensive end project that floats my fancy. So I am trading this pick, for the 20th pick (Detroit Lions) in the first round, as well as a 2nd round this season and 4th round next. Brandon Pettigrew is definetly worth the 20th pick.

2. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon: A great player and a value pick over a defensive end here. I cannot pass up a play maker like Chung, when I have another 2nd round pick and I can take a defensive end with the 2nd of the two.

2.Connor Barwin, DE, Cincinnati: A high motor defensive end, yes. But I don't see him as another Ryan Denny or Chris Kelsay. I see him as a solid defensive end, possibly good enough to play beside Schobel as soon as possible. Barwin not only fits a need for a good pass rusher, he is pretty good value.

3.Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee: Another great defensive end to add to my melting pot of defensive ends. I am not going to sit by and allow the kelsay-denny-bryan experiment last any longer. Barwin or Ayers are players that will last for years and may actually make an impact. I see Ellis as a more roll player. He will compete, but I dont see him as a starter in what little time I saw him play. I want Kelsay out, denney out and I want fresh legs.

4.Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman: Defense wins championships. I for one am happy with our offense. I feel there are quite a few players that the Buffalo offense can be formed around. The defense needs a push up the middle and rush off the edge. Under my regime I will make sure that happens. Sammie Lee Hill is a big man. Could be a HUGE compliment to Stroud, with Williams spelling both.

5.Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma: He will be an amazing player in this league. I love watching this young man play. I am taking him a round higher than his ranking, because I have utmost confidence that he will be the leader of our offensive line in the future. He will also study under the best, in Birk.

6. Patrick Turner, WR, USC: At 6 foot 5, Turner brings some more height to our recieving corps. I love Hardy as an athlete and under the potential catogory, but a little competition between Hardy, Turner and Johnson will push the Bills' wide receiving depth to be very solid.

7.Javorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M: What better to help our run-game than a down hill blocker like Lane? I feel he will be a player we can use in our scheme.

With limited funds, an abundance of needs and a short amount of time to deliver my "1-year plan" to the Bills front office, this is what I have.

I would like to have more experience at DE, but I feel that to overspend on older talent in this season's weak free agency would be reckless.

The revamped LB and DT corps can assist in a pass rush. Chung helps the backfield. Defense will be upgraded.

Our wide reciever corp now has:
A deep threat in Evans and a number one to boot.
Size in Hardy and or Turner and or Johnson
Experience and blocking in Reed
A burner and role player in Parrish.

Our young QB now has, a capable backup, a pro bowl center anchoring a heavy o-line, a stellar RB, a diverse WR corps, a first round tight-end, and a 2nd year coordinator who will hopefully learn from his mistakes in his rookie year.

I feel this will be a solid offseason for the Bills' organization and franchise as a whole. I hope you can agree that as your GM, I have brought upgrades to several positions of need, and have made a strong push towards having a successful 2009-2010 campaign.

Sincerely,
-BillsWin
General Manager of the Buffalo Bills
1 Bills Drive
Orchard Park, NY

A Really Rough Draft of the Depth Chart:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCarla%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="Street"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="address"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} table.MsoTableGrid {mso-style-name:"Table Grid"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; border:solid windowtext 1.0pt; mso-border-alt:solid windowtext .5pt; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh:.5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev:.5pt solid windowtext; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <table class="MsoTableGrid" style="border: medium none ; border-collapse: collapse;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr style=""> <td style="border: 1pt solid windowtext; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> QB
</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Trent Edwards
</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Kyle Boller
</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> Gibran Hamdan
</td> <td style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: windowtext windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1pt 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.6pt;" valign="top" width="118"> <o:p> </o:p>
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> FB
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Javorskie Lane</st1:address></st1:street>
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> <o:p> </o:p>
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> <o:p> </o:p>
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.6pt;" valign="top" width="118"> <o:p> </o:p>
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> RB
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Marshawn Lynch
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Fred Jackson
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> Xavier Omon
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.6pt;" valign="top" width="118"> <o:p> </o:p>
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> WR1
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Lee Evans
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Steve Johnson
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> Roscoe Parrish
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> LT
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Jason Peters
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Langston Walker
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> <o:p> </o:p>
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> LG
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Derrick Dockery
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Jon Cooper
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> C
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Matt Birk
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Jon Cooper
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> Duke Preston
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> RG
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Brad Butler
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Duke Preston
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> RT
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Langston Walker
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Kirk Chambers
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> TE
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Brandon Pettigrew
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Derek Fine
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> Robert Royal
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> WR2
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Josh Reed
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> James Hardy
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> Patrick Turner
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> LCB
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Terrence McGee
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Reggie Corner
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> LDE
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Connor Barwin
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Robert Ayers
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> LDT
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Marcus Stoud
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Spencer Johnson
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> OLB1
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Angelo Crowell
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Keith Ellison
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> RDT
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Kyle Williams
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Sammie Lee Hill
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> OLB2
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Kawika Mitchell
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Keith Ellison
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> RDE
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Aaron Schobel
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Chris Ellis
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> FS
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Donte Whitner
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Ko Simpson
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 88.55pt;" valign="top" width="118"> George Wilson
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> SS
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Patrick Chung
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Bryan Scott
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> RCB
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Leodis McKelvin
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> Ashton Youboty
</td> </tr> <tr style=""> <td style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 0.7in;" valign="top" width="67"> MLB
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 1.5in;" valign="top" width="144"> Paul Posluszny
</td> <td style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color windowtext windowtext -moz-use-text-color; border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 107.25pt;" valign="top" width="143"> John Digiorgio
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <o:p> </o:p>

BillsWin
01-29-2009, 01:56 AM
It hath been a long night. I look forward to reading the comments in the morning. ta-ta for now. I hope everyone has a great night.

-BillsWin

ddaryl
01-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Your FA players are solid... but I can't help but feel we need one of the top FA DE's or LB as well. Getting a top C is a priority, but thinking Crowell is the only LB we need ot add is foolish. The guy can't stay healthy. I would like him back, but I would also like ot have an upgrade over Crowell.

You don't have any DL additions until rounds 2 3 and 4 of the draft and IMO that means our bend don't break D is going to bend and break.

If we do not get some guarenteed pass rush improvement I see little to be hopeful for, and I seriously doubt we will get much production form a late 2nd rd DE or later unless we get very lucky.. Taking Chung in the 2nd ives us another DB that will fail because we have no pass rush to force QB's to make mistakes to where a S like Chung could make plays.

I also do not know much about the players in the draft outside the top players at most positons to be able to determine how big of an impact they can make. Even if I did know something about htem I'd probably still couldn't accurately tell

lukabrossi
01-29-2009, 09:40 AM
i'd have to agree with the most part.

elltrain22
01-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Wish this wasn't a hypothetical post, b/c you are already 100X's smarter than anyone else in this front office. Too bad our brass won't operate w/ the same logic.

jimbohastle51
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
before we sign boller as a backup i would just assume let hamdan do the job. he knows our offense is very close with trent and has the same skill set (maybe not quite the arm strength) as boller. if we bring in a vet QB as a back up its going to be a older guy.... charlie batch (who even though on IR probably isnt leaving pittsburgh), or a guy like tim rattay or patrick ramsey, all have at least 7 years expieience over 16 NFL starts and are all known for film study, to help trent. if we bring in a backup QB its to help trent not try to take his job. i know you always want competition at camp but with a young QB you dont bring in a strong armed young guy that thinks he can beat the starter out (boller is such) you bring in a complement, they are committed to trent for this year weather we like it or not.

jimbohastle51
01-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Dear Buffalo Fanbase,

I, BillsWin have just accepted the GM position for the Buffalo Bills.

Mr. Wilson and Mr. Jauron have given me some suggestions and concerns that I keep the coordinators for at least the season. I have regretfully agreed to comply to these terms for the time being.

So, as GM for this loyal and very much upset fanbase, I am going to outline my plan for this offseason. I am confident that I can make the Bills contenders in not only the future, but the present.

Let us start with free agency. It is my policy as a GM or football mind in general, that you do not BUILD through free agency, rather you patch, add and grow with it. I like to build through the draft and grab the proven players that will make our team better.

Due to financial restrictions, and persuasive suggestions from the staff I am limited in my choosing of these impact players, but I will still take into consideration the best for this team.

FREE AGENCY:

Angelo Crowell- One of the top priorities for the Bills this year is a true cover-2 SLB. After getting a clean bill of health from team doctors, and taking into account financial limitations, I conclude that we must look no further than our own free agent list. That is why I will do my absolute best to sign Angelo Crowell to a multi- year contract. nothing too big, maybe 3-4 years. I will let the number guys do the heavy work. But this will make the LB core better, and help out our defense tremendously. While I have nothing against Ellison, he is a backup. This is football, not everyone gets a cinderella, scrub to pro-bowl, story.

Kyle Boller- I feel this team is in need of a compitent backup quarterback. While the current coaching staff wants to draft someone to fill the role, I feel that our need is more pressing in that we need someone with some experience. I think Boller is such a suitable backup behind Trent Edwards, as Trent continues to grow as a leader and an NFL QB.

Matt Birk- A football team lives and dies by their strength in the trenches. From watching film of the Buffalo Bills it is painfully obvious one of my top priorities as GM is to get a leader to anchor the center position on the offensive line. Birk is such a player. However age is always a concern. I will look to the draft to find the next leader of the pack.

I will now look to the draft. I realize I have left several holes in our defense. Both on the defensive line, and in the back- backfield. I do not like the "pickings" of affordable defensive ends in this year's free agent market. I am pushing forward to take leaps of faith on young characters coming out of college.

DRAFT:
As it stands, the Bills major needs are now Defensive end, saftey, Tightend, defensive tackle and wide reciever, possibly a FB.

1. Brandon Pettigrew, TE, OK State: I am trading down in my first ever draft as a NFL GM. I feel 11 is too high for a tight end, and I can get great value for the 11th pick. There is no major defensive end project that floats my fancy. So I am trading this pick, for the 20th pick (Detroit Lions) in the first round, as well as a 2nd round this season and 4th round next. Brandon Pettigrew is definetly worth the 20th pick.

2. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon: A great player and a value pick over a defensive end here. I cannot pass up a play maker like Chung, when I have another 2nd round pick and I can take a defensive end with the 2nd of the two.

2.Connor Barwin, DE, Cincinnati: A high motor defensive end, yes. But I don't see him as another Ryan Denny or Chris Kelsay. I see him as a solid defensive end, possibly good enough to play beside Schobel as soon as possible. Barwin not only fits a need for a good pass rusher, he is pretty good value.

3.Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee: Another great defensive end to add to my melting pot of defensive ends. I am not going to sit by and allow the kelsay-denny-bryan experiment last any longer. Barwin or Ayers are players that will last for years and may actually make an impact. I see Ellis as a more roll player. He will compete, but I dont see him as a starter in what little time I saw him play. I want Kelsay out, denney out and I want fresh legs.

4.Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman: Defense wins championships. I for one am happy with our offense. I feel there are quite a few players that the Buffalo offense can be formed around. The defense needs a push up the middle and rush off the edge. Under my regime I will make sure that happens. Sammie Lee Hill is a big man. Could be a HUGE compliment to Stroud, with Williams spelling both.

5.Jon Cooper, C, Oklahoma: He will be an amazing player in this league. I love watching this young man play. I am taking him a round higher than his ranking, because I have utmost confidence that he will be the leader of our offensive line in the future. He will also study under the best, in Birk.

6. Patrick Turner, WR, USC: At 6 foot 5, Turner brings some more height to our recieving corps. I love Hardy as an athlete and under the potential catogory, but a little competition between Hardy, Turner and Johnson will push the Bills' wide receiving depth to be very solid.

7.Javorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M: What better to help our run-game than a down hill blocker like Lane? I feel he will be a player we can use in our scheme.

With limited funds, an abundance of needs and a short amount of time to deliver my "1-year plan" to the Bills front office, this is what I have.

I would like to have more experience at DE, but I feel that to overspend on older talent in this season's weak free agency would be reckless.

The revamped LB and DT corps can assist in a pass rush. Chung helps the backfield. Defense will be upgraded.

Our wide reciever corp now has:
A deep threat in Evans and a number one to boot.
Size in Hardy and or Turner and or Johnson
Experience and blocking in Reed
A burner and role player in Parrish.

Our young QB now has, a capable backup, a pro bowl center anchoring a heavy o-line, a stellar RB, a diverse WR corps, a first round tight-end, and a 2nd year coordinator who will hopefully learn from his mistakes in his rookie year.

I feel this will be a solid offseason for the Bills' organization and franchise as a whole. I hope you can agree that as your GM, I have brought upgrades to several positions of need, and have made a strong push towards having a successful 2009-2010 campaign.

Sincerely,
-BillsWin
General Manager of the Buffalo Bills
1 Bills Drive
Orchard Park, NY

-Go Bills!

i really like your patrick chung pick. i am really high on this kid and if he does what i think he will do at the combine i think he could be the first saftey taken over rashaad johnson from alabama. the combine for him will be what it was for dominique rodgers cromartie (a spot to shine and separate yourself from competition), with his addition we could put some sick blitz combinations together because both him and wit could be coming from either side and they can both line up at slot corner, and chung play ROV in college (draftboy made a good point with telling me this) so he will be great at sensing where the ball is an flowing too it.

Lone Stranger
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Pretty solid thinking. I'm not crazy about Boller who has never done much. I think Ralph is going to fire you though because you have contradicted his daughter in too many areas.

BillsWin
01-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Your FA players are solid... but I can't help but feel we need one of the top FA DE's or LB as well. Getting a top C is a priority, but thinking Crowell is the only LB we need ot add is foolish. The guy can't stay healthy. I would like him back, but I would also like ot have an upgrade over Crowell.

You don't have any DL additions until rounds 2 3 and 4 of the draft and IMO that means our bend don't break D is going to bend and break.

If we do not get some guarenteed pass rush improvement I see little to be hopeful for, and I seriously doubt we will get much production form a late 2nd rd DE or later unless we get very lucky.. Taking Chung in the 2nd ives us another DB that will fail because we have no pass rush to force QB's to make mistakes to where a S like Chung could make plays.

I also do not know much about the players in the draft outside the top players at most positons to be able to determine how big of an impact they can make. Even if I did know something about htem I'd probably still couldn't accurately tell

Thanks for the feedback daryl I like reading your posts. I agree on the Crowell front. However I am trying to place myself into the "stay cheap" way of thinking for the front office. Crowell is the best cover 2 out there, and would be the cheapest to keep around. I believe I also put team doctors said he was 100%. Which at this point in time is the only time I would sign him. I also think having Digiorgio injured last season hurt our depth on the strong-side. I like Crowell here, and there are so many other wholes to fill, as GM, with limited funds, I must "spread the wealth".

Which brings me to my next point. About the defensive ends, there is no way Mr. Wilson is going to allow me to pursue Peppers or Suggs. Older and way too expensive. Those are the pick of the litter, the rest, we can live without. I chose to address the defensive line in rounds 2, 3 and 4. Because they are still higher rounds. You can get solid, if not starting players in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. Especially since I got such good value in trading our first, and most of the round 1 d-end talent are more suitable for 3-4 defenses. Which Mr. Fewell will not change to.

As for Chung and no pass rush, I am relying on added pressure up the middle from the new defensive tackle, Stroud and Williams. A much improved LB corp with Crowell back into the mix. Fresh legs at the defensive end spot, and saftey help. Not to mention most of the defense returning, allowing Fewell to add more complex blitz schemes to help out our pass rush. The defesive end pickings this year were not good enough for us to make a move on someone. sadly...

No one can tell what drafted players will do in the NFL, we can only make educated guesses.

Thank you for the feedback,
-BillsWin

BillsWin
01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Wish this wasn't a hypothetical post, b/c you are already 100X's smarter than anyone else in this front office. Too bad our brass won't operate w/ the same logic.

Thank you. I too am upset that the front office has a difficulty identifying needs and finding good talent to address them.

BillsWin
01-29-2009, 11:45 AM
i really like your patrick chung pick. i am really high on this kid and if he does what i think he will do at the combine i think he could be the first saftey taken over rashaad johnson from alabama. the combine for him will be what it was for dominique rodgers cromartie (a spot to shine and separate yourself from competition), with his addition we could put some sick blitz combinations together because both him and wit could be coming from either side and they can both line up at slot corner, and chung play ROV in college (draftboy made a good point with telling me this) so he will be great at sensing where the ball is an flowing too it.

I really like what I have seen from the kid. He is worth a look at the combine. I am really hoping we can take him.

BillsWin
01-29-2009, 11:49 AM
before we sign boller as a backup i would just assume let hamdan do the job. he knows our offense is very close with trent and has the same skill set (maybe not quite the arm strength) as boller. if we bring in a vet QB as a back up its going to be a older guy.... charlie batch (who even though on IR probably isnt leaving pittsburgh), or a guy like tim rattay or patrick ramsey, all have at least 7 years expieience over 16 NFL starts and are all known for film study, to help trent. if we bring in a backup QB its to help trent not try to take his job. i know you always want competition at camp but with a young QB you dont bring in a strong armed young guy that thinks he can beat the starter out (boller is such) you bring in a complement, they are committed to trent for this year weather we like it or not.

We are absolutely committed to Trent. However, if Trent cannot keep the job from Boller, does he deserve that spot? I'm thinking of the team in this aqusition. I would much rather have a strong armed young backup that can learn the system and come in and possibly win games, over an old vet that is there for nothing other than to hold a clip board. Boller knows he is a backup. It is accepted. I like a Batch pick though.

madness
01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
This team failed to address getting a vet #2 WR and playmaking TE last year. I like trading down for BP but I still feel you fell into the same trap. We need an immediate impact from one of those positions to help this offense.

Other than that, I like what you've done. :up:

Ingtar33
01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
you're not going to draft Brandon Pettigrew at 20. i don't think he gets out of the top 15.

other then that. nice work

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2009, 05:35 PM
you're not going to draft Brandon Pettigrew at 20. i don't think he gets out of the top 15.

Pettigrew in the top 15? Disagree. :shocked:

I thought it was pretty good. However, Javorskie Lane will most likely be a RB in the NFL if you ask me. He really isn't a pure blocking FB.

BillsWin
01-29-2009, 08:54 PM

Id take him at 11 if I didnt think I could trade down and get a solid value

BillsWin
01-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Pettigrew in the top 15? Disagree. :shocked:

I thought it was pretty good. However, Javorskie Lane will most likely be a RB in the NFL if you ask me. He really isn't a pure blocking FB.

Youre right about Lane there. rookie GM mistake by me. Although I still like him as an athlete.