PDA

View Full Version : Donte Whitner...

Buffalogic
01-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Anytime I need a quick little sickening laugh I remind myself that Donte guaranteed the playoffs lol.

Not only did he say that, but remember what he said after the chargers win about Trent Edwards? When he said 'You have these elite quarterbacks in the league like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, well I think it's time to start aknowledging Trent Edwards as one of those elite quarterbacks.' Pffft lol! Easy There Donte!

Stick to living united and go ahead and slow your role with the whole team spokesman thing.

Yup, it's still good for a laugh!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-29-2009, 03:12 AM
That doesn't make me laugh at all.

Crazygoo
01-29-2009, 05:05 AM
I don't think thats funny

jamze132
01-29-2009, 06:25 AM
Maybe Donte should stop worrying about the team and other players and just worry about his own sorry ass play...

DraftBoy
01-29-2009, 07:01 AM
I found it humorous then and its still funny now. Any time a player runs his mouth you just have to laugh at him. I mean really what is that supposed to mean now? He was trying to fire his team up, and be a leader. I can respect that, but did anybody actually take him seriously?

madness
01-29-2009, 08:21 AM
I found it humorous then and its still funny now. Any time a player runs his mouth you just have to laugh at him. I mean really what is that supposed to mean now? He was trying to fire his team up, and be a leader. I can respect that, but did anybody actually take him seriously?

Up to 5-1, almost everybody did. Then the rest of the AFCE shouted...

"Will the real Buffalo Bills please stand up, please stand up.."

HHURRICANE
01-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Maybe Donte should stop worrying about the team and other players and just worry about his own sorry ass play...

The problem with the Bills in this decade is that they lead with their mouths instead of their play. It's TSS or what's known as Takeo Spikes Syndrome.

Whitner likes to lead with his mouth instead of his play.

ddaryl
01-29-2009, 08:38 AM
I have no problems with what Donte said.. I give him lots of credit for trying to fire up the team.

I also believe his comments about Trent were correct... Just because he had a rough patch in the middle doens't mean he hasn't demonstrated some skills. The team as whole looked like crap but Trent took much of the blame for that when it should have been spread aorund to much of the team. Not to mention it was his 1st full year as the starter, there were some growing pains, and then a 1st year OC, and key injuries like including that nasty concussion to Trent etc.. all factored in to that losing streak.

acehole
01-29-2009, 08:47 AM
If he played qb we might have made it.

Anytime I need a quick little sickening laugh I remind myself that Donte guaranteed the playoffs lol.

Not only did he say that, but remember what he said after the chargers win about Trent Edwards? When he said 'You have these elite quarterbacks in the league like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, well I think it's time to start aknowledging Trent Edwards as one of those elite quarterbacks.' Pffft lol! Easy There Donte!

Stick to living united and go ahead and slow your role with the whole team spokesman thing.

lukabrossi
01-29-2009, 09:31 AM
he's a jackass.

Owen DeBoard
01-29-2009, 11:04 AM
The problem with the Bills in this decade is that they lead with their mouths instead of their play. It's TSS or what's known as Takeo Spikes Syndrome.

Whitner likes to lead with his mouth instead of his play.
No the problem with the Bills this decade is the sorry ass coaching that has lead this team.

OpIv37
01-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I have no problems with what Donte said.. I give him lots of credit for trying to fire up the team.

Whitner frustrates the hell out of me so I'm biased to begin with, but this is exactly why I'm so bothered by the guy. He gets credit for trying? I'm sick of trying. I want to see the guy actually succeed at something.

I was pissed when he made the guarantee, but if it actually motivated his teammates then I'd gladly eat crow. Except it didn't- it just embarrassed him and the organization as a whole.

The whole thing reminds me of the scene in Animal House where John Belushi gives his motivational speech then runs out of the house, only no one follows him. Except in the Whitner version, the part where they eventually DO follow him never happens.

Buffalogic
01-29-2009, 12:14 PM

I also believe his comments about Trent were correct... Just because he had a rough patch in the middle doens't mean he hasn't demonstrated some skills. Nobody is bashing Trent, but putting him in the elite with Manning and Brady is laughable at this point in his career.

Pretty much everything that came out of Whitner's mouth backfired and was an embarrassment. But I do like when he helps kids stay active.

trapezeus
01-29-2009, 01:01 PM
i think the stiff arm that he got in the final game far outplays the guarantee. Everyone talks about their team doing well at the beginning of the season.

Few players are so publically embarassed during the game. it was him and the RB one on one and he just got walked over and hit the ground like a 8 year old boy trying to tackle his dad.

I realize he played the second half of the season injured, but the visual of that hit pretty much was the end of the game and the season.

I'd like to see how he is when we have a decent pass rush. i think he could be a ball hawk.

Buffalogic
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Man I remember him getting steamrolled there in that game. In all honesty the rb laid everything he had into Donte's already injured shoulder and it just totally crumbled him. Yeah, though trap you are right about that.

Thurmal
01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Whitner's play has been a disappointment, yes, but if we had more guys on this team with his mentality, the Bills would be much better off.

This team comes out every game looking flat, as if they could care less whether they win or lose.

Kill the guy b/c his play hasn't lived up to his draft position, not b/c he is fiery or tries to instill some semblance of attitude on this roster.

OpIv37
01-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Whitner's play has been a disappointment, yes, but if we had more guys on this team with his mentality, the Bills would be much better off.

This team comes out every game looking flat, as if they could care less whether they win or lose.

Kill the guy b/c his play hasn't lived up to his draft position, not b/c he is fiery or tries to instill some semblance of attitude on this roster.

the problem is that he's fiery OFF the field but not ON it. He talks a big game about playoffs, then he gets beat to the endzone and tackles the guy deep, or he gets knocked the **** out by a stiff arm. You want to talk? Fine, but do something to back it up. Otherwise you're just a cheerleader on steroids.

acehole
01-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Otherwise you're just a cheerleader on steroids.

I like confidence.... without is anyone is set up for failure.

There is somthing about that statement that is hot.
(Cheerleader being female.)

PECKERWOOD
01-29-2009, 05:37 PM
lol, if he doesn't make it in the NFL, he could possibly make it as a comedian.

Luisito23
01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
The league is still laughing at us for even picking him...

OpIv37
01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I like confidence.... without is anyone is set up for failure.

There is somthing about that statement that is hot.
(Cheerleader being female.)

I'd prefer a cheerleader on cocaine (female, of course), but to each his own.

As far as the first part of that statement, I think Whitner has crossed the line between confidence and arrogance. It is possible to be confident without comparing a QB with 20-something starts to the two best guys in the game right now or making BS guarantees.

Buffalogic
01-29-2009, 07:32 PM
^^

That's the point. And that's why it's funny.

Nighthawk
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
What makes me laugh is that the players on this team think Jauron is a "great coach"...now THAT is funny!

OpIv37
01-29-2009, 08:55 PM
What makes me laugh is that the players on this team think Jauron is a "great coach"...now THAT is funny!

He's great in their eyes because he lets them take practices off, he gives them "Club Jauron" training camp and he doesn't hold them accountable.

Wouldn't you love to have a boss who doesn't make you do anything and doesn't discipline you when there are consequences?

ParanoidAndroid
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM

But not much for a thread.

trapezeus
01-30-2009, 05:29 AM
He's great in their eyes because he lets them take practices off, he gives them "Club Jauron" training camp and he doesn't hold them accountable.

Wouldn't you love to have a boss who doesn't make you do anything and doesn't discipline you when there are consequences?

but you hate that boss a few yeras later when you realize you are behind the curve andcant get a job somewhere else. that's a fate that will meet a number of bills during this offseason and after training camp if they get cut.

Block "O"
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
I laugh at all these fair weather fans who hate Whitner now (these are the same morons who high-five you at the Ralph when he makes a big hit). Mark it down on your calendars....this time next year the Leodis-bust talk will begin from the same jackasses.

PECKERWOOD
01-30-2009, 05:17 PM
He has a big mouth and it's good for a laugh but I still think that he can be a star if we get a pass rush on this team.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-01-2009, 07:08 AM
I laugh at all these fair weather fans who hate Whitner now (these are the same morons who high-five you at the Ralph when he makes a big hit). Mark it down on your calendars....this time next year the Leodis-bust talk will begin from the same jackasses.

Actually, I can honestly say that I have never been a big fan of Whitner, especially when he was at the Block O. However, you can't disagree with the fact that he hasn't been that great in the NFL.

Block "O"
02-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Actually, I can honestly say that I have never been a big fan of Whitner, especially when he was at the Block O. However, you can't disagree with the fact that he hasn't been that great in the NFL.

Actually the Block O is a student section so he was never at the Block O. He was in The Shoe a few years ago. Oh and I'm shocked, SHOCKED a Michican't fan wasn't a fan of Whitner LOL. I know its tough sledding for you Wolverine/Bills fans with all the 1st Round Buckeyes we draft. Just be thankful Jenkins didn't come out last year or we would have taken him instead of Leodis.

Luisito23
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
If it wasn't him it would've been Huff...So turns out everybody's a loser...

justasportsfan
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
It was all Jauron. Jauron has a way of making people believe in themselves and himself. Dick breeds optimism. Hell, he even got the players to believe he's a head coach. He also got some of the fans here to believe that as well even after 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons. One more 7-9 season these fans will think it's not coaching and that it's better than 4 consecutive sb's.

tat2dmike77
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I laugh at all these fair weather fans who hate Whitner now (these are the same morons who high-five you at the Ralph when he makes a big hit).

When is the last time he made a big hit? Last year against cincy is the only one that comes to mind.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Actually the Block O is a student section so he was never at the Block O. He was in The Shoe a few years ago. Oh and I'm shocked, SHOCKED a Michican't fan wasn't a fan of Whitner LOL. I know its tough sledding for you Wolverine/Bills fans with all the 1st Round Buckeyes we draft. Just be thankful Jenkins didn't come out last year or we would have taken him instead of Leodis.

Trust me, Block O, horseshoe, Luckeyes, it is all the same crap to me.

OpIv37
02-02-2009, 11:42 AM

So, what would you like Bills fans to do? Boo a good play if they don't like the player who makes it? That's just absurd.

When we're discussing things on the board, we're analyzing and complimenting players who get the job done and criticizing those who don't. But when the game starts on Sunday afternoon, we want EVERY player with that Bills uniform on to play well, and if we happen to be at the game, we cheer for whoever makes the play.

It's the team, not the individual.