• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

5 reasons why we are better right now!!

Five reasons that the Bills are better without having to do a thing:

1) No JP Losman. JP obvioulsy struggled at the backup position and the Bills were forced to play him because of the vesting. In the end he couldn't win us a game. I think Hamden wins us the Jets game.

2) Wether you like or hate Turk the fact is that every coordinator needs at least a year to get his act together and get the team to buy into his system. Edwards struggled with some of the stuff and it cost us the Browns game.

3) McKelvin is star in the making. This guy will be burned alot but he is going to get his share of picks as well and maybe one of the more exciting guys in football.

4) Center. Even if we don't bring another player in and just resign Preston it would be an upgrade over the play of Fowler. The run game improved after Preston cemented the Center role.

5) Steve Johnson. This guy will be our #2 or #3 WR this year. Is he a star in the making? Who cares. If he catches 4-500 yards in passes next year that would be a huge upgrade over anything we've had in recent years.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: 5 reasons why we are better right now!!

1.) we do not know what hamden woulda coulda shoulda done for us. But we all wanted to see what he could do

2.) We're going to find out one way or another...

3.) Who says he'll get burned alot... maybe maybe not.. but I agree he'll make some stuff happen. I beleive he'll tighten his game up to compliment his ability to make a play

4.) Disagree. If we do not upgrade the C positon we will continue our ineffective ways against 3-4 D's

5.) I hope he is.. he didn't get the opportunities he deserved last year, and it cost us

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Yer weird.

You’ll write this post and later today follow it up with a thread on why ‘well never be good”

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Yer weird.

You’ll write this post and later today follow it up with a thread on why ‘well never be good”
        Ummmmm......

Errr.......

Pat, I don't know how to say this.

I'll just put it this way - you have been known to flip-flop once or twice or a thousand times in the past.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Great but there are more than five places we need to improve in order for it to make a difference...
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Yer weird.

READ!!!!

I didn't say anything more than we were better. Better doesn't have any other deep hidden meaning. It doesn't mean playoffs or Superbowl.

OP has you guys conditioned to either be negative or positive. It is possible to be both based on different aspects of the team.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Romes
              Great but there are more than five places we need to improve in order for it to make a difference...
              Do you have 5 where we are worse? I don't. Unless the Peters thing spirals out of control, which I highly doubt, the team is in good shape in regards to FA.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Do you have 5 where we are worse? I don't. Unless the Peters thing spirals out of control, which I highly doubt, the team is in good shape in regards to FA.
                I have one.

Pass rush.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

I wouldn't necessarily say that Preston has the C position "locked down".

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

OL, LB and DB depth could all take a hit this year. There are lots of current Bills hitting the market at those positions...especially, OL and LB. Stroud and our DE's are not getting any younger...

And also...everyone assumes positive development of players. Development of McKelvin and Johnson are moot points because if you assume positive development of young Bills players you also have to do that for other team's players, too.
                    Originally posted by paladin warrior
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• lukabrossi
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Dec 2008

i think yer wrong on all parts here.....and i ain't buyin into the hype.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                        • Sep 2007

Yeah I got one we still have Jauron as our head coach and he definently will be worse with a very tough schedule this coming season.
                        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

QB-Regardless of how much yuo hate JP, we have no proven veteran option behind him. With the way Edwards regressed last season, we are worse off at this position as of right now.

OC-We have nobody here since both players are current UFA, to say we are improved here is just a manifestation

DL-McCargo is a bust, Schobel is old and injury prone and Kelsay and Denney's numbers were down, we are worse off here.

CB-Greer is a UFA, losing him and putting McKelvin in no matter how much you think he's going to be a star is going to be some sort of drop off, maybe not for long but there will be one.

K-Lindell was shaky at best last year, we need an upgrade

WR-We have no real #2 WR and with Hardy out most, if not all, of next season that hurts his development.

There is 5. I could go on to mention our overall lack of depth at LB, OT, OG, or that we have no true FB, we still need a real FS and a guy to push Donte, but that would be a bit of overkill, dont ya think?
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

there is no way we are worse at QB because JP is gone. We have to hire someone so there is at least a chance we are better at that position. Since he sucked I'd say there is at least a 80% chance we get someone better at backup and that might even be TE. An 80% chance of being better (or even a 1% chance) is better than guaranteed incompetence. That's not hate either it's just the facts.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                              there is no way we are worse at QB because JP is gone. We have to hire someone so there is at least a chance we are better at that position. Since he sucked I'd say there is at least a 80% chance we get someone better at backup and that might even be TE. An 80% chance of being better (or even a 1% chance) is better than guaranteed incompetence. That's not hate either it's just the facts.
                              No that's basically made up statistics that you pulled out of thin air really.

The fact is that JP knows the offense, he knows the entire playbook, he knows the personell. He knows the timing with the WR's already and where the weak points are in his line. Any vet or rookie coming in won't know that, we will be worse off till they learn that stuff.

Those are called facts not some random percentage you pulled out of thin air.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X