• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

A few comments on last night's game

1. Connolly is amazing. It's too bad he can't stay healthy because the guy can play.
    2. Miller screwed up on at least two of those goals and should have been pulled after the 5th one.
    3. It was only a matter of time before having so many young guys on D caught up with us, but both Rivet and Lydman made big mistakes as well.
    4. I had forgotten just how bad Andrew Peters is at playing hockey.
    5. Calgary just out-muscled the Sabres. For a while, it turned into an up-tempo game which favors the Sabres, but the hits just wore the Sabres down eventually. It's the same old story that's been going on since the playoffs 2 years ago.
    6. Both Paille and Hecht are in major slumps and it's affecting them mentally. Both made good moves to create scoring opportunities then choked on the shot.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: A few comments on last night's game

Paille was stopped by a very good save, at least his was traveling towards the net. Hecht had ample time to shoot, waited until just before too late and then missed.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Out of curiosity, how come you pretty much never choose to do these type of breakdowns after our good performances?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
        Out of curiosity, how come you pretty much never choose to do these type of breakdowns after our good performances?
        Honestly, when I watch on my computer it's hard to see what's going on. It's a smaller screen and a lower quality, and I can't rewind the streaming video. When I watch it on my TV, it's much clearer and I can rewind to make sure I saw it correctly.

It just so happens that last night's game was on NHLN so I got to see it clearly. I had to watch the Edmonton game on my computer. In fact, I think the last game that was actually on my TV was the Caps game, which was also a loss.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          • May 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Honestly, when I watch on my computer it's hard to see what's going on. It's a smaller screen and a lower quality, and I can't rewind the streaming video. When I watch it on my TV, it's much clearer and I can rewind to make sure I saw it correctly.

It just so happens that last night's game was on NHLN so I got to see it clearly. I had to watch the Edmonton game on my computer. In fact, I think the last game that was actually on my TV was the Caps game, which was also a loss.
          Valid point, thanks for answering!

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
            Paille was stopped by a very good save, at least his was traveling towards the net. Hecht had ample time to shoot, waited until just before too late and then missed.
            Hecht is a very average player at best and I don't understand this organization's love affair with him. He's not that good defensively, he's not particular very talented with the puck, he doesn't play physical and he's not really a leader. What the hell is it with this guy that he still has a place on this team??? How many times do I have to watch him give up the puck in the offensive zone before Darcy finally gets rid of this tool???

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              _______(insert MOST any current Sabre) is a very average player at best and I don't understand this organization's love affair with him. He's not that good defensively, he's not particular very talented with the puck, he doesn't play physical and he's not really a leader. What the hell is it with this guy that he still has a place on this team??? How many times do I have to watch him give up the puck in the offensive zone before Darcy finally gets rid of this tool???
              Let me fix this post for you just a little. I'd insert Kotalik before Hecht.
              Last edited by SabreEleven; 01-29-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                Hecht is a very average player at best and I don't understand this organization's love affair with him. He's not that good defensively, he's not particular very talented with the puck, he doesn't play physical and he's not really a leader. What the hell is it with this guy that he still has a place on this team??? How many times do I have to watch him give up the puck in the offensive zone before Darcy finally gets rid of this tool???
                I've never been overly enamored with Hecht either, but you have to stop and think that a team needs 12 forwards and he's still better than many teams 3rd or 4th liners. I guess it all comes down to his price tag in terms of keeping him around.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

I'll say that Hecht is usually a decent two way player and is having an AWFUL season. He could use his size a bit more too, but who CAN'T we say that about.

Comment

Working...
                  X