PDA

View Full Version : Bills Free Agents- Who's staying, and who's going..

patmoran2006
01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
For Buffalo Bills fans and presumably the organization itself, February 27 can’t come quickly enough. On that day at the stroke of midnight, the free agent bonanza is officially open for business. While the Bills second half collapse and subsequent retaining of Dick Jauron inflated the ire of most fans, the admission of owner Ralph Wilson saying the team lacked talent gave eternal hope they’ll be aggressive when shopping season commences. MORE (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Pat_Moran)

patmoran2006
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
let me know what ya think, besides the fact Im a "hack"

ddaryl
01-29-2009, 02:15 PM
pretty spot on and seems to align with reality of our situation.

not bad for a self proclaimed hack

casdhf
01-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Could you post it? I don't want to give your blog any hits.

patmoran2006
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM
lol

psubills62
01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
I love how Dick's name is censored.

I agree with pretty much everything here. TBH, unless the market is dead for Crowell, I don't think he's coming back to Buffalo. Mended fences or not, the Bills don't really need him (they can upgrade for a cheaper price in the draft or elsewhere), and Crowell probably doesn't want to come back.

EDS
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I love how Dick's name is censored.

I agree with pretty much everything here. TBH, unless the market is dead for Crowell, I don't think he's coming back to Buffalo. Mended fences or not, the Bills don't really need him (they can upgrade for a cheaper price in the draft or elsewhere), and Crowell probably doesn't want to come back.

Out of curiosity, outside of Curry what draft pick is a potential upgrade from Crowell in the near future?

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Good article but I disagree on the Chambers thing. He was decent at Right tackle when Walker moved over and STUNK at LT..

psubills62
01-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Out of curiosity, outside of Curry what draft pick is a potential upgrade from Crowell in the near future?

I'm not necessarily thinking of an upgrade to Crowell. I'm thinking an upgrade over Ellison. At this point, Crowell is going to cost a decent amount of money. Not a ton, but enough that the Bills could find help elsewhere and demote Ellison to backup. Heck, Bowen would probably be an upgrade.

Clint Sintim is rising up draft boards, probably won't be around for our 2nd round pick. Zach Follett in the later rounds is a decent blitzer and solid against the run. Ellison could be used in coverage on passing situations in that case. Brian Cushing is another guy whose stock is rising fast. Tyrone McKenzie and Marcus Freeman are worth looks too, imo.

Honestly, our system is somewhat copied after the Colts' defense, where the LB's are easily replaceable. I don't know if the Colts have signed a LB to a 2nd contract in a long time. I doubt it happens with Crowell, too much money that could be used elsewhere.

yordad
01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
JMO, I don't think this should have been stated as a fact...
"The organization, irate at Crowell’s timing, placed him on injured reserve and shut him down for the year."

Lone Stranger
01-29-2009, 06:15 PM
I thought you did a good job until I saw the Yankees logo.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Very good i like it... But i think Losman will be Back :)

X-Era
01-30-2009, 06:09 AM

Your a complete ha-... ohh I just re-read your post. J/K

I think its very well done and probably very accurate.

patmoran2006
01-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Very good i like it... But i think Losman will be Back :)
I'm willing to bet that doesn't happen my man..

Night Train
01-30-2009, 06:41 AM
I'll be very interested to see what the Bills can do in FA, prior to the draft. I'm thinking the perception among players in regards to the Bills may have changed in the last year, with the entire AFC East having passed us.

$$ talks but if multiple teams want the same player, why would they come here ? Jauron already looks like a lame duck and players prefer a more stable situation, with the ability to win being a nice bonus

I'm a Bills fan but a highly skeptical one, at present. Ralph created this atmosphere of acceptable mediocrity. I believe most agents will have their clients avoid the Bills like the plague if there are other options.

DraftBoy
01-30-2009, 07:26 AM
Good write up, but one issue.

Matt Baker will make an impact next year! Baker Ball!!

madness
01-30-2009, 08:04 AM

At least that's an upgrade from jr. journalist.

I think.