PDA

View Full Version : DLine & sacks ...

TypicalBill
05-10-2003, 02:46 PM
with a much improved Defensive front and with better support from our active linebackers, how many sacks do you think our D'Line will collect next season?

Sam Adams should get doubled teamed a lot which will give us an indication of how good Pat williams really is ;).. this will really help our DE's too. Blockers will focus on our LB's too. I think Schobel is gonna get double digits this season!

Dline sacks

Schobel = 12 sacks

Kelsay = 6

Jones = 4

Denney = 4

Big Pat = 3

McKenzie = 2

Irons = 2

offcorse, only Dline is included here.

what are your projections?

Schobel94
05-10-2003, 03:27 PM
lolo that would be awsome, 30+ sacks by the d-line alone is phenomenal.

TypicalBill
05-10-2003, 03:33 PM
i dont think its out of the question...think of it this way, 2 sacks by the D'line per game..not really that difficult... i think we can pull it off. And the major reason for that is Sam Adams. If he stays healthy, this D'line will really produce.

XNOUGHT
05-10-2003, 07:38 PM
D-Line should be so much more improved.

Nothing is out of the question if the CB's stick to thier men.

Steve-Mo
05-10-2003, 08:06 PM
I voted for 25-29 sacks.

Kevikid
05-10-2003, 10:35 PM
I voted for 35+ as a joke, and I am surprised to see that 2 other people agreed with me. Seriously, 10 sacks each at 4 different positions? Our DTs are run stuffers. We don't have the stars at DE to come close to that. I have to agree with Wys on this one. Bledsoe throws far too many interceptions and sacks the opposition quarterback way too little.

The_Philster
05-11-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Kevikid
I voted for 35+ as a joke, and I am surprised to see that 2 other people agreed with me. Seriously, 10 sacks each at 4 different positions? Our DTs are run stuffers. We don't have the stars at DE to come close to that. I have to agree with Wys on this one. Bledsoe throws far too many interceptions and sacks the opposition quarterback way too little.

We don't have to get those 35 sacks from the starters, though. Sam Adams definitely won't be putting up more than maybe 3 sacks but Pat Williams has quicker moves and could get around 5-6 if the line plays up to its potential. Personally, I see closer to a 25-29 number coming from the line. Spikes and Posey should be able to generate some decent numbers given the opportunity.

Schobel94
05-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Yeah, so should Wire, I could easily see Wire getting 5 or six sacks, and Winfield may get a couple too, this will be a great defense.

Kevikid
05-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Schobel94
Yeah, so should Wire, I could easily see Wire getting 5 or six sacks, and Winfield may get a couple too, this will be a great defense.

It asks specifically for DLine! No cheating! >=)

BillsOwnAll
05-11-2003, 11:33 AM
i think 30-34

colin
05-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Adams had like 7 sacks one year.

We managed to get teams in 3-long a bit last year, but we just got soft and let them make it (watson much of the time). If we give ourselves as many opportunities as we did last year, we should pile on some sacks.

I say 20-30 from the line alone, if we do some smart zone blitzing, we will get a bunch from our LBs and secondary as well.