X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Do the Bills have any Superstars?

Do you think that the Bills have any superstars? (top of their position; different positions will have different number of superstars eg: QB vs WR)
    If so who and how many?
    I think that we have some talent at key positions but no real Superstars. Marcus Stroud is the closest we come! Jason Peters was there, but this past season was sub-par. Lynch is very good, but he is not great. Evens is not a Superstar receiver, even though he is very good. Which brings me to the following point: How is it possible for us to compete with a Patriots teams so loaded with Superstars, or even a Cardinals team? The answer is that we can not compete with them and beat them consistently and that is why we are 7-9 this year with a cup-cake schedule. The only chance this team has of improving in the next year or two, is if Trent Edwards plays like he did in his first 5 games and avoids injury
    Please Make Sense
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Do the Bills have any Superstars?

well mike, the patriots are only all superstars now because they won so many superbowls. If we won as many as them Evans, Lynch, McGee perhaps, and others would definitely be superstars.

But having superstars does not win you Super Bowls. How many "superstars" do the Cards have, besides Fitz, Boldin and maybe Warner? and the Steelers? Ya, Big Ben is a superstar. Willie Parker? I dont think so. Harrison? Maybe, but before this year definitely not.

Look at the Cowboys and Chargers. Filled with superstars, yet we beat the Chargers, and the Cowboys melted down. I dont want superstars. I want guys who win games, and if they also happen to be stars, thats fine too.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

We have a few stars in the making IMO, and I agree Peters is the only one that really stands out at this time.

We have players that could be stars on better teams in the league IMO... heck we've seen numeorus cases of of some of our recent discards playing admirably for playoff teams

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

No. This team has no A list players. Marshawn, Evans, Stroud are all very good players, but they are not superstars and probably never will be.

Moorman would be the closest thing, but I don't think anyone can consider a ST players a superstar no matter how good they are.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          well mike, the patriots are only all superstars now because they won so many superbowls. If we won as many as them Evans, Lynch, McGee perhaps, and others would definitely be superstars.

But having superstars does not win you Super Bowls. How many "superstars" do the Cards have, besides Fitz, Boldin and maybe Warner? and the Steelers? Ya, Big Ben is a superstar. Willie Parker? I dont think so. Harrison? Maybe, but before this year definitely not.

Look at the Cowboys and Chargers. Filled with superstars, yet we beat the Chargers, and the Cowboys melted down. I dont want superstars. I want guys who win games, and if they also happen to be stars, thats fine too.
          Steelers Superstars: Big Ben, Parker, Ward, Hampton, Harrison (definitely a superstar), Woodley (almost as good as Harrison, almost impossible to block), Polamalu (definitely a superstar)

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

This team doesn't really have any players in the top 16 (half the league) at their position. Stroud, Lynch, Moorman, Lindell and Evans are the only ones who are even close.

Every time FA starts up and we sign some middle of the road guy, someone on this board says "well we can't have a whole team of superstars." That is true, but let's start with ONE on each side of the ball.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

not one superstar on this roster

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

If you define superstar as the kind of guy that wears sunglasses inside and fur coats, then no.

If you define superstar as "one of the most talented at their position", then yes.

Lynch is the friggin man.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• lukabrossi
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Dec 2008

Stroud is not a superstar......he once was, but not for the Bills. As far as the current team goes, we have none. We have alot of "up-and-comers" and how the coaching staff deals with the talent is remained to be seen as of yet.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Peters and Stroud are by far your two closest to being Superstars but neither is.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Several guys have superstar talent.

One prerequisite for superstardom, however, is recognition. You don't get much at all when you play for a perennial loser. Ask Eric Moulds about that.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

The Bills have only one superstar:

Dick Jauron

Comment

• Block "O"
                          lowering the bar with every post
                          • Sep 2008

I think Evans is our only true superstar but you can't really shine with the garbage we call our quarterbacks.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Here IMO is our superstars: Lynch, Evans, McKelvin, Stroud and Parrish but only as a returner. I think that Whitner has all the tools but needs more pieces around him before he flourishes. I love the idea of trading Roscoe while his stock is still high, he will never be a true WR but he has value in the return game. Trade Parrish and draft Maclin with our 1st pick. Evans & Maclin is a sick 1-2 punch.

Comment

• realdealryan
                              realdealrex
                              • Nov 2005

Just Ralph.

Comment

Working...
                              X