PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bills have any Superstars?

Mike
01-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Do you think that the Bills have any superstars? (top of their position; different positions will have different number of superstars eg: QB vs WR)
If so who and how many?
I think that we have some talent at key positions but no real Superstars. Marcus Stroud is the closest we come! Jason Peters was there, but this past season was sub-par. Lynch is very good, but he is not great. Evens is not a Superstar receiver, even though he is very good. Which brings me to the following point: How is it possible for us to compete with a Patriots teams so loaded with Superstars, or even a Cardinals team? The answer is that we can not compete with them and beat them consistently and that is why we are 7-9 this year with a cup-cake schedule. The only chance this team has of improving in the next year or two, is if Trent Edwards plays like he did in his first 5 games and avoids injury.

Pinkerton Security
01-30-2009, 08:29 AM
well mike, the patriots are only all superstars now because they won so many superbowls. If we won as many as them Evans, Lynch, McGee perhaps, and others would definitely be superstars.

But having superstars does not win you Super Bowls. How many "superstars" do the Cards have, besides Fitz, Boldin and maybe Warner? and the Steelers? Ya, Big Ben is a superstar. Willie Parker? I dont think so. Harrison? Maybe, but before this year definitely not.

Look at the Cowboys and Chargers. Filled with superstars, yet we beat the Chargers, and the Cowboys melted down. I dont want superstars. I want guys who win games, and if they also happen to be stars, thats fine too.

ddaryl
01-30-2009, 08:31 AM
We have a few stars in the making IMO, and I agree Peters is the only one that really stands out at this time.

We have players that could be stars on better teams in the league IMO... heck we've seen numeorus cases of of some of our recent discards playing admirably for playoff teams

DrGraves
01-30-2009, 09:32 AM
No. This team has no A list players. Marshawn, Evans, Stroud are all very good players, but they are not superstars and probably never will be.

Moorman would be the closest thing, but I don't think anyone can consider a ST players a superstar no matter how good they are.

Mahdi
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
well mike, the patriots are only all superstars now because they won so many superbowls. If we won as many as them Evans, Lynch, McGee perhaps, and others would definitely be superstars.

But having superstars does not win you Super Bowls. How many "superstars" do the Cards have, besides Fitz, Boldin and maybe Warner? and the Steelers? Ya, Big Ben is a superstar. Willie Parker? I dont think so. Harrison? Maybe, but before this year definitely not.

Look at the Cowboys and Chargers. Filled with superstars, yet we beat the Chargers, and the Cowboys melted down. I dont want superstars. I want guys who win games, and if they also happen to be stars, thats fine too.
Steelers Superstars: Big Ben, Parker, Ward, Hampton, Harrison (definitely a superstar), Woodley (almost as good as Harrison, almost impossible to block), Polamalu (definitely a superstar)

OpIv37
01-30-2009, 09:56 AM
This team doesn't really have any players in the top 16 (half the league) at their position. Stroud, Lynch, Moorman, Lindell and Evans are the only ones who are even close.

Every time FA starts up and we sign some middle of the road guy, someone on this board says "well we can't have a whole team of superstars." That is true, but let's start with ONE on each side of the ball.

djjimkelly
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
not one superstar on this roster

yordad
01-30-2009, 10:36 AM
If you define superstar as the kind of guy that wears sunglasses inside and fur coats, then no.

If you define superstar as "one of the most talented at their position", then yes.

Lynch is the friggin man.

lukabrossi
01-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Stroud is not a superstar......he once was, but not for the Bills. As far as the current team goes, we have none. We have alot of "up-and-comers" and how the coaching staff deals with the talent is remained to be seen as of yet.

DraftBoy
01-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Peters and Stroud are by far your two closest to being Superstars but neither is.

Thurmal
01-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Several guys have superstar talent.

One prerequisite for superstardom, however, is recognition. You don't get much at all when you play for a perennial loser. Ask Eric Moulds about that.

DMBcrew36
01-30-2009, 03:44 PM
The Bills have only one superstar:

Dick Jauron

:puke:

Block "O"
01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
I think Evans is our only true superstar but you can't really shine with the garbage we call our quarterbacks.

PECKERWOOD
01-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Here IMO is our superstars: Lynch, Evans, McKelvin, Stroud and Parrish but only as a returner. I think that Whitner has all the tools but needs more pieces around him before he flourishes. I love the idea of trading Roscoe while his stock is still high, he will never be a true WR but he has value in the return game. Trade Parrish and draft Maclin with our 1st pick. Evans & Maclin is a sick 1-2 punch.

realdealryan
01-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Just Ralph.

Luisito23
01-31-2009, 03:15 AM
Right now no we don't...Leodis though is a star in the making....:rockon:

Mike
01-31-2009, 12:30 PM
I think Evans is our only true superstar but you can't really shine with the garbage we call our quarterbacks.

This type of argument is made all of the time. You can pick any player and say that the reason he is not all he can be is due to outside circumstances (players, coaches, systems, etc...). You can make the argument the other way too, saying the only reason that someone is successful is because of the talent around them. However this form of logic is inconstant with reality!

If this were the case then a Barry Sanders, or an OJ Simpson would never exist. Both of these players played on awful teams with little talent around them. That is why the Lions of the 90ś and the Bills of the 70ś were so bad! (By bad, they were cosistanly out of playoff contention) Today, we have Calvin Johnson for Detriot who is becoming a superstar and by the way, he played for arguebly the worst team in history -the 0-16 Lions. In and AFC, we can go to another reciever who plays on an a bad weful team and who has a QB trowing to him, that is more injury prone than Edards, this being Andre Johnson. So, in the end SUPERSTAR talent is expressed even in the worst conditions.

Jan Reimers
01-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Jon Corto.

Night Train
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Most teams superstars are on the coaching staff & in the front office. Everyone has "talent" but some know how to put them into position to shine.

Thus our shortcomings.

Mad Bomber
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Do the Bills have any superstars?

In a word......

NO.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Maybe Lynch but not sold yet so i say NO

lukabrossi
02-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Jauron's a superstar.

justasportsfan
02-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Hard to tell. Our players are set up to fail with bad coaching.

I think Lynch could be a 1500 yard back if he didn't have to carry 3-5 people on his back.

Bill Cody
02-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Yeah we're loaded with superstars that are being held back by our coaching.:poop:

justasportsfan
02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah we're loaded with superstars that are being held back by our coaching.:poop:
your words. Not mine.

BUFBills24
02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
I would say the Bills have two ''Super Stars.'' When healthy, Aaron Schobel is a top ten DE. And even though Peters didn't have a great year, I still think he is a top five LT. The Bills need to get Peters signed.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Agreed abouth Peters But Schobel you gotta be kidding me right???

feldspar
02-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Moorman would be the closest thing, but I don't think anyone can consider a ST players a superstar no matter how good they are.

I agree with you there, and I think that the Bills really need a great punter with the way the rest of the team plays.

Moorman is the closest thing to being among the best at his position that the Bills have. Punter is also one of the few positions on the team which is self reliant - meaning that he kicks the ball all by his lonesome and not much else is a factor. Just about any team will give any punter time to kick the ball.

Sad, sad, sad.