• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Hakeem Nicks is "top 15 pick"

According to rotoworld.com:

"National Football Post scout Wes Bunting doesn't believe there's 'any way' UNC WR Hakeem Nicks will fall past the top 25 picks in the draft.

Bunting admits that Nicks lacks 4.4 speed, but spring training could bump his forty time up and his routes are better than any draft-eligible. We believe Nicks is a top-15 pick. His ball skills and after-catch ability are outstanding."

I'm a fan of Nicks, but I'm a little dubious as to whether he's a top-15 pick.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hakeem Nicks is "top 15 pick"

Don't see it right now. He could sneak into the first round with an amazing combine and workout but I don't see it if he runs an expected 4.55.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i saw him drop some easy passes this year too though.. his hands reminds me of chris chambers or braylon edwards.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

doesn't he have injury issues too?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

You may be thinking of Brandon Tate of UNC Op.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

it doesnt matter anyway.. if we take a WR with our first pick i will ****ing puke.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              it doesnt matter anyway.. if we take a WR with our first pick i will ****ing puke.
              Why? We badly need a #2 WR to help Evans out and with no TE worthy of the #11 we need another playmaker badly. A guy like Maclin would be a great pick for us.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

I dont think Maclin is that good. At least not 11th pick good. Kinda agree with Tatonka, the only WR worth taking in the top 20 is obviously Crabby IMO

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Why? We badly need a #2 WR to help Evans out and with no TE worthy of the #11 we need another playmaker badly. A guy like Maclin would be a great pick for us.
                  I'm with Tatonka on this one.

No doubt this team would benefit from a good receiver, but WR is only a weakness right now whereas C, DE and arguably LB are glaring holes. I could maybe see it if there is a great WR on the board while there is no one of value at those other three positions, but even then it would seem a little Detroit-esque.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

There's a decent crop of FA veteran WR's out there. I'll puke if we miss out one of them and have to draft a #2.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                      I dont think Maclin is that good. At least not 11th pick good. Kinda agree with Tatonka, the only WR worth taking in the top 20 is obviously Crabby IMO
                      Currently a top 15 pick and if he runs a sub 4.4 40, he'll likely be gone before our pick. The reason the kid is so valuable is because he's young 21, he has great size 6'1 or 6'2, good leaping ability, is an explosive playmaker, and this year showed a lot of WR polish in working hard on his routes and becoming more than just an amazing returner and gimmicky WR. He could go to Oakland if he runs a good 40.

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I'm with Tatonka on this one.

No doubt this team would benefit from a good receiver, but WR is only a weakness right now whereas C, DE and arguably LB are glaring holes. I could maybe see it if there is a great WR on the board while there is no one of value at those other three positions, but even then it would seem a little Detroit-esque.
                      Its not about just filling a weakness to fill one. You named three positions (C, DE, and OLB) in which there will possibly be nobody of good value to take at 11 to fill those. And you want to pass on a game breaker on Maclin to pick who exactly? To reach on a DE, or to take an ILB to slide Poz outside and hope that works out? Why? That makes less sense then taking a #2 (in my mind future #1 WR).
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                        There's a decent crop of FA veteran WR's out there. I'll puke if we miss out one of them and have to draft a #2.
                        Who would you like as a #2? I wouldnt mind a guy like Furrey or taking a stab at Floyd but I dont see a lot of good names out there.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Who would you like as a #2? I wouldnt mind a guy like Furrey or taking a stab at Floyd but I dont see a lot of good names out there.
                          and Toomer!!

I honestly don't mind drafting a WR if we can't trade back or if it's the BPA but I still think the Bills missed the boat last year picking up a vet WR and TE. I feel we need at least one of those in order to make an immediate impact on offense.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

Currently a top 15 pick and if he runs a sub 4.4 40, he'll likely be gone before our pick. The reason the kid is so valuable is because he's young 21, he has great size 6'1 or 6'2, good leaping ability, is an explosive playmaker, and this year showed a lot of WR polish in working hard on his routes and becoming more than just an amazing returner and gimmicky WR. He could go to Oakland if he runs a good 40.
                            numbers can say all they want. I watched probably about 70% of Mizzou games, and while theres no denying hes a talented athlete, I just dont think he will become that big of a playmaker at the next level, therefore I dont think hes worth the pick. Sounds a lot like Devin Thomas situation from last year.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

The only 2 WR's that I would even consider at #11 is Maclin and Crabtree.

Comment

Working...
                              X