PDA

View Full Version : I may be mildly insane, but I think the Bills are finally wanting to win.

BillsWin
01-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I mean it is too soon to tell. But I think something has lit a fire under the Bills organization. It could be the Sanders or Nix hiring, or maybe the interest in Toomer. I don't know. Something isn't right at one Bills Dr. I mean, bringing in a proven, and good scout. Hiring a pretty decent defensive mind to man the d-line. Interest in a good veteran free agent WR that can help Johnson and Hardy grow!

This is madness.

What's next!? A blockbuster pro-bowl signing and/or trade!?

I'm at the edge of my seat.... :sarcasm:

B-DON
01-30-2009, 01:42 PM
cant wait for free agency to start

ddaryl
01-30-2009, 01:51 PM
the interest in Toomer is Chris Brown speculation....

I'll have hope when I see we've scrapped cash to crap

Jeff1220
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
the interest in Toomer is Chris Brown speculation....

I'll have hope when I see we've scrapped cash to crap

We can only :pray:

BillsWin
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
Im just sick of getting pumped up by preseason hype. but these were two solid staff signings. And Toomer would do wonders in helping Evans break free and Johnson/Hardy grow along with Trent doing some growing himself.

lukabrossi
01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
the suspense is ****ing killing me.

cocamide
01-30-2009, 03:07 PM
The Bills will do just enough to make us think we have a shot again.

ptd86
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
you guys are that pumped because of a rumor of amani toomer? yeah our franchise has really turned a corner

patmoran2006
01-30-2009, 03:24 PM
All comes down to gameday coaching, i dont know when this will be learned.

We conceeded 2009 the second we found out Jauron will be back.

Sorry. But its true.

DMBcrew36
01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
I mean it is too soon to tell. But I think something has lit a fire under the Bills organization. It could be the Sanders or Nix hiring, or maybe the interest in Toomer. I don't know. Something isn't right at one Bills Dr. I mean, bringing in a proven, and good scout. Hiring a pretty decent defensive mind to man the d-line. Interest in a good veteran free agent WR that can help Johnson and Hardy grow!

This is madness.

I hope people don't get sucked in by tiny, little, practically insignificant moves and mere rumors.

It's going to take a lot from the Bills to restore respect and faith from fans. They haven't done anything positive since collapsing on their 5-1 record, in a season where they had the easiest schedule in the league. And really, they can do whatever they want this offseason - any excitement from fans will be a waste of time and a set-up for another year of disappointment. Our roster isn't good enough, we're still running an inferior 4-3 defense while being completely inept against 3-4 defenses, and oh yeah, our schedule is going to be one of the hardest in the league. How about this for reality - we're one step away from being the Detroit Lions of the AFC.

billogic99
01-30-2009, 03:53 PM

This is madness.

I don't mean to piss in your cheerios, but Amani Toomer hasn't had a 1000 yard season in years. Last year even with Plax being out, he still only had just over 500 yards, I don't think thats anything to write home about. I'd be thrilled with Boldin, but Toomer , meh!

Jeff1220
01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Toomer claims that he was being phased out by the Giants, and is really unhappy by the way he was handled this season. He's said he wouldn't go back there if they want him (with saying that, I doubt they would). I don't know how much of that is the reason for his numbers, but that's his side of the story.
Personally, I'd love to see him in Buffalo on a 2 year deal, playing with a chip on his shoulder...unless the Bills want to actually spend Housh-type money to bring in an 'A' free agent WR.

BillsWin
01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't mean to piss in your cheerios, but Amani Toomer hasn't had a 1000 yard season in years. Last year even with Plax being out, he still only had just over 500 yards, I don't think thats anything to write home about. I'd be thrilled with Boldin, but Toomer , meh!

Hes an upgrade over parrish, hardy, johnson and maybe Reed right now.

billogic99
01-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Hes an upgrade over parrish, hardy, johnson and maybe Reed right now.

I really don't think so. I'm not saying he's got no value, just that he has no value to us at this time. We can get about the same production out of what we already have. Signing Toomer really makes no sense. We have far bigger issues than WR. Both the Bills lines need heavy work, I think if this team is getting as serious as you claimed in your first post they will fix bith lines before they do anything else.

yordad
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I agree...... you may be mildly insane!

PECKERWOOD
01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
All comes down to gameday coaching, i dont know when this will be learned.

We conceeded 2009 the second we found out Jauron will be back.

Sorry. But its true.

:bf1:

Listen to Pat, the man is right.

DynaPaul
01-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Same old non-moves. Like other people said, they'll do a few meaningless additions/changes that'll try and convince you that next year will be different. Fooled you again!

PS - Toomer is OLD!

Luisito23
01-31-2009, 03:22 AM
I rather give Johnson the chance instead of wasting a spot on an old receiver who's seen his best days long ago...If we're going to go after a wideout we need to make a trade with Cleveland for Edwards, give them Peters if that's what it'll take.

trapezeus
01-31-2009, 07:20 AM
The Bills will do just enough to make us think we have a shot again.

And dick jauron will do just enough to keep us at mediocrity and the FO will tell us we're just about there.

The cycle continues.

Yasgur's Farm
01-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Somewhere along the way some of us wise Bills fans lost track of the fact that we have to pay our dues with young talent.

That said...

If we don't acquire a true #2 WR via free agency (TJ Houshmandzadeh) or trade (Anquan Boldin) or draft (Michael Crabtree)... James Hardy should start every game if he's healthy enough (I think he will be). He will blossom with game experience. Of course I'd want to run a 3 WR set with Josh Reed almost every down.

If Hardy's not healthy enough... it should be Steve Johnson starting.

DrGraves
01-31-2009, 08:13 AM
amani toomer = teppo nummenen.

old washed up and just goes through the motions.